A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 296,388
Currently Running With Scissors:
726 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I've lost my knitting 'mojo'.. le sigh  (Read 937 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

artteacher
« on: July 06, 2007 06:23:19 AM »

I haven't knitted anything for about 7 weeks.. (long time for me)  I think what happened was:  TOO many knitted gifts and the last month of school (I'm a teacher and we got out of school almost 3 weeks ago) is so busy and stressful and I'd been getting over a bad case of pneumonia since April.. and I think that there just wasn't anything left in me.  :*{

ALL OF THAT COMBINED together.. I think.. that I just got tired of it all.  I wasn't even coming here to read the knitting posts.  Now, that's really losing one's knitting mojo! Cheesy

SO, what have you guys/guyettes done in the past to get your knitting mojo back?   

« Last Edit: July 06, 2007 06:23:56 AM by artteacher » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've got a brand new blog:  *I'm one with the masses now!

*Life and adventues of an American living overseas who finds time to knit every now and then.
http://iwouldratherbeknitting.blogspot.com/
red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007 06:27:14 AM »

I can certainly relate! Try searching for previous threads for on the topic - You are definately not alone.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artteacher
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007 06:32:32 AM »

And, I actually feel guilty- because I have been out for the summer for almost 3 weeks and have NOT picked my needles up once!  AND, sometimes school and life gets so busy- that I don't have time to knit as much as I want at other times.

However, I have been reading, watching movies and resting.  I think that I was worn out and really needed the resting.

I will be going on an International flight in a couple of weeks- so, I will go through my knitting supplies and find something appropriate to take on the plane w/ me.  Maybe that will help- after all- after that many hours on the plane- I should be HAPPY to be knitting! Cheesy

Thanks for responding.. and I hope you never lose your knitting mojo again!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Life and adventues of an American living overseas who finds time to knit every now and then.
fiber_freak

ruthee in Jacksonville -- Proud Knitting Bitch =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2007 06:59:35 AM »

I have gone through phases like that as well.  I sympathize!

Honestly, to get my mojo back, I have done 1 of 2 things (sometimes both!). 

1.  I get out all my stash and look at it.  I get excited again.

or

2.  I go buy some yarn for a project I really want to make.  Sock yarn is usually a good choice.

If you are going on a jetplane....sock knitting is great carry-on knitting.  The Lizard Ridge squares from knitty.com might also be a good choice!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Blog (of course....)
http://saoirse4me.blogspot.com
artteacher
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2007 07:30:17 AM »

fIBERFREAK..

You know what?  I had just decided that I needed to go buy some new yarn.. what does it matter that I already have some yarn in my stash?

Because we all know-- nothing speaks to us like 'new yarn'.. it just calls to us.. 'MAKE ME IN TO SOMETHING NOW'  Forsake all the other yarn for me.. the NEW YARN! Cheesy

So, good idea!  I'm gonna go and fondle some yarn.  YEE HAW..

I don't know how to knit socks- I've never tired- but, I will find something fun to knit on the plane.  Something that can be finished by the time I land.. oh, some '20 something+ hours later'..

And, I'm going to make something FOR MYSELF! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isisfae
New England Yarn Addict

i poke badgers with spoons!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2007 07:43:16 AM »

i'm going through that right now. i'm knitting a sweater i was excited about but now that i'm faced with 40 rows of st st in the rnd i'm all *yawn* and don't want to do it... but i just finished a sweater w/ 100 rows of stockinette so i don't know what's wrong with me!

but what i do to keep the mojo going is to make sure i always have a small WIP around like a sock, fingerless glove, clutch... something that's instant gratification b/c it'll make the tedium of the bigger project more tolerable b/c this way i can split my time between the two.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. ~Mark Twain
kayrun
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2007 09:32:16 AM »

Just curious about your international trip, artteacher?
Are you going to Asia?
(I remember the long flight when I traveled to Japan
several years ago....)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007 09:40:36 AM by kayrun » THIS ROCKS   Logged
clicksticks
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007 09:41:24 AM »

I really wouldn't feel to bad about it...I always seem to hit a bit of a knitting slump in the summer.  It's hard to get excited about wool when it's 95 degrees out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Studio Marlowe  Knitting patterns, etc.
Xanthia

the goddess of hugs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007 11:31:01 AM »

I lost my mojo for about 6 months!! It seems to be back now. The main thing is to wait until you find a project that motivates you to pick up the needles again. Keep surfing craftster because there is always a lot of motivation Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

IamSusie
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007 12:08:17 PM »

Learn crochet and you'll have a new mojo!   Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Jagged Chevron Part 5/5
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 3/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 4/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 7/10
How to Crochet a Jumbo Catherine Wheel Stitch Part 6/10
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...