A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
669 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: some products of boredom at 3am  (Read 1858 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

IStalkBillGates
« on: December 08, 2004 05:59:30 PM »

okay, I have yet to post any of my creations on this entire forum, and I decided it was time! I realized my digital camera was missing, so knit/sewn projects were out of question.. so I will post some of my art.
I'm still a high school student, so expect these to appear kind of academic/elementary/not too creative. comments/constructive criticism is always welcome.
i would post the photos directly on here, except they are huge, keke.

to start off: a crap photo of a painting i did this summer!
http://phantasmagoria.nu/gallery/details.php?image_id=1090
painting of my great aunt
well, my great aunt when she was really young. but yes. sorry about the yellow tint, that is the fault of bad lighting in the kitchen..

portrait of a random girl
this is chalk pastel on some paper. with lots of glare on it from the flash and hairspray i sprayed on it..

pop art girl
pencil drawing from my sketchbook. i didn't want to colour in the hair or arms, I like how it looks this way.

a profile of a girl.
done in paintstiks on cardboard. paintstiks are like oil paint in stick form, and they are creamier and easier to blend than oil pastels. more comments are on that site. and i really recommend clicking the image for an enlarged view, but it will take awhile to load.
this admissions lady at maine college of art hated the blue in that piece, by the way- it took away from the orange, or something.. she was obsessed with orange. scary lady.

a shell.
well.. it's a shell.. I don't know what to say. My art teacher was making us draw objects with coloured pencils, and this is what I made. I wouldn't stop working on it so she stopped me after a couple days, heh. I rather like the unfinished look at the top. I think I want to make the change from the polished, finished appearance at the bottom to the top's sketchiness more gradual, though.

tree on a beach
just a small watercolour piece i did. I did a large charcoal drawing of almost the same thing (not on purpose either). I will take some photos of that piece sometime and post them here. and yeah, this was one of my first serious pieces with watercolour. I hated it when working on this piece and another landscape piece, but I came to love it with a portrait I did recently! surprising.

I'm still trying to find my art, get scans/photos of them and posting them on deviantart and whatnot, so I will post more once I get that done (and my piles of makeup work-been out for 2 weeks from mono).

I have one piece I'm really excited about, a watercolour portrait (of a girl who looks strikingly similar to me-it frightened all the kids in class when I showed them the picture i was working from). It turned out pretty nicely, I think, and it was hanging in the art classroom, but apparently she moved it to another part of the school.  it may be awhile til I get it back.

well, I sure did ramble..

good day!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011 08:09:10 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed links to images. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cowgirl

I get lazy sometimes...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004 07:13:11 PM »

you are a great artist! I love the pop art girl! keep up the great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaleidoscope eyes
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004 07:08:34 PM »

WOW!! Shocked Shocked I absolutely love all your art. The colors are so bold, bright. The pop art girl is so good! I'm a pop art freak. I hope to see more of your stuff, you are really talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BlueEyedMary
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2004 09:56:00 AM »

i dig the profile of a girl, its my favorite. i too have battled with the dreaded mono, i had it three years in a row once  6, 7, and 8th grade each time i got it in the same week as the year before, because i am cursed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God bless the daylight, the sugary smell of springtime, remembering when you were mine in a still suburban town...
lavieromantique
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2004 10:02:53 AM »

I adore pop art girl!  I added it to my DA favorites Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005 05:47:33 PM »

awesome! FYI, the portrait of a random girl , is the same link as the pop art girl...i really love the profile one! keep posting your work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
carrie5678
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2005 07:05:56 AM »

wow they are REALLY good. i especially love the profile of a girl one...the colours on that are beautiful, especially the blue, it looks almost metallic (that might just be me though!). They're all really amazing  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
roses are red
crafty mccraft pants

dark is the way | light is a place

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005 04:24:37 AM »

i love your style!! your artwork is incredible <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

|| dismantle.repair ||

pinterest | craftstock | adelaide arts

<3 personal swaps
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005 05:05:11 AM »

I looooove the shell EXACTLY as it is.  Love the unfinished look of the top.  I've never seen anything so beautiful done in colored pencil.  Man, I wish I could draw!  Fantastic job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Preparing and Grilling Steaks
How to Grill Hot Dogs
How to Finish Burgers on the Grill
Grilling Burgers, Hot Dogs and Steaks
How to Finish BBQ Chicken on the Grill
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...