A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,723
Currently Running With Scissors:
567 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Little Bunny (With Pattern)  (Read 2283 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn_Bug100
Scifi queen and master yarn worker

Now we must wait for the giant aliens.

View Profile
« on: July 05, 2007 10:40:55 AM »

Tada!
Here's the pattern for the little bunnies.
I haven't tested this yet so if you make it and find a mistake or have a problem please let me know so I can try to fix it.

Little Bunny Pattern
Karissas Kreations

Size: From tip of ear to foot: Approx. 6 inches

K2TOG - Knit two together
K - Knit
BO - Bind off
STS - Stitches

Materials:
Scraps of WW yarn in whatever color you please
Some black WW yarn for face
Size 6 needles or appropriate size for yarn used
1 Set of Double pointed needles in the same size as the main needles (If you don't have DPNs I have an alternative I-cord making technique below) OR any tool used to make an I-Cord of the appropriate size
Yarn needle
Small amounts of stuffing

***DO NOT SELL THIS PATTERN PLEASE!***

Head, Body and Legs:
Cast on 20 STS. Working in garter stitch throughout work 20 rows
Next Row (First Leg): Knit the first ten stitches on the needle, TURN. You will only be working with these 10 STS for the leg. Work 10 rows. Bind off.
Second Leg: You should now have one little rectangle sticking out from the rest of your body and 10 stitches still on one needle. Work 10 rows with these 10 stitches. Bind off.

Ears (Make 2):
Cast on 5 stitches leaving a long tail for sewing. K 6 rows.
Next Row: K2TOG, K to 2 STS remain. K2TOG
K 1 row. Cut yarn and pull through remaining STS. Pull tight then weave end in.

Arms (Make 2):
If you are using DPNs (or circulars) cast on four stitches to make an I-cord about 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 inches long
**Or**
Using regular needles cast on four STS. The needle these STS are on (the needle in you left hand) will be called Needle 1. Your right hand needle is Needle 2.
Instead of working these STS slip them to Needle 2. Take Needle 2 in your left hand and put Needle 1 in your right. The yarn should be coming from the left most stitch. Pulling yarn tight knit all four stitches. Normally you would now move the needle with the STS to your left hand. DO NOT DO THIS. Instead of switching needles, slip the four STS to the needle in your left hand. Just as before, the yarn should be coming from the left most stitch. Also just as before pull the yarn tight and knit all STS. Keep slipping the STS from the right hand needle instead of switching needles until your I-cord is long enough. To bind off cut the yarn and slip the end through the STS pulling tight.
Whatever method of I-cord making you use make sure you leave a long tail. It will be used for attaching the arms to the body.

Sewing up the body: Heres where it gets a little tricky. (The bunny is sewn with the right sides out. I used the invisible stitch or ladder stitch) Take the bunny head, body and legs. Take one of the little rectangles and fold it in half. Sew up until the little rectangle stops. Do the same for the other leg. Make sure you sew the bottom of the rectangles as well. You might want to stuff the legs now. Fold the remaining piece of fabric in half and sew it up stuffing it as you go. The seam of the body should be in the middle while the little leg seams should be on the inside. Stuff the body completely then squish the two sides of the top of the body together and sew them up. You should now have this funny looking rectangle or tube with two little tubes sticking out the bottom. There should be no more holes to sew up.
Making the head: Take your yarn needle and thread a piece of yarn about 10 inches long. Insert the needle about two inches down from the top of the head. It doesnt matter where you stick the needle. Make a running stitch all around the tube. Pull the yarn tight to form the bunnys head. Tie the yarn tight then weave the loose end in the body.
Attaching the ears: Take the cast on edge of the ear and pinch it together. Using your yarn needle and the long tail you left sew the ear to the head. I dont have the exact measurement for placement. Youll have to eyeball it. It might be a good idea to pin both ears on the head before you sew, that way you can make sure theyre were you want them.
Attaching the arms: Thread the long tail you left on the I-cord and sew on the arms on either side of the bunnys body right below the running stitch.
If youd like to put a tail on your bunny make a little pompom out of matching yarn and sew it on.
All you have to do now is embroider your bunnys face and weave in any other loose ends you may have.

Please keep in mind I have written this pattern down from memory. I really dont know if it is accurate. If you have a problem or find a mistake please let me know. I will try my best to fix it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007 11:20:30 AM by Yarn_Bug100 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn_Bug100

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007 10:42:27 AM »

By the way, if you make one feel free to post pictures of you're completed bunny.
I'd really like to see how they come out
 Grin
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007 10:29:36 AM by Yarn_Bug100 » THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007 10:59:30 AM »

oh thank you! thank you! i was one of the people that was hoping for a pattern. i will definitely give this a try once i learn how to use DPN's. im still a beginner at knitting. is working with DPN's hard?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
Yarn_Bug100

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007 01:43:01 PM »

Sometimes DPNs can be a pain but using them just to make an I-cord is super simple.
Good luck
 Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Yarn_Bug100

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2007 07:53:12 AM »

Aside from snappity-snap does anyone else intend to try this pattern?
I can't help but be curious. I've never shared a pattern before.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Blueice
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007 12:56:10 AM »

He's great - I'd like to give it a go.  I have however a long list of things that I would like to try.  I'll post if I get it done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn_Bug100

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007 06:46:12 AM »

Thank you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Style in the Wild: Interview with Entrepreneur Brenda Braxton
Tips For Coloring Hair and Whitening Teeth
How to Do Lana Del Rey Makeup
The Easy Ombre Manicure You Can Do at Home
Cat Ear Headband For Halloween - Do It, Gurl
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...