A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 305,900
Currently Running With Scissors:
441 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My son's radioflyer wagon=Pirate ship  (Read 28751 times)
Tags for this thread: wagon , pirate  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

maggie2187
« on: July 04, 2007 04:04:19 PM »

My son had a red radio flyer wagon, now he has a pirate ship.

He's a very happy boy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
talihina_sky

Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007 04:08:22 PM »

How awesome!! Cheesy This is so cool, I bet he'll be acting like a pirate for a looong time. Smiley Great idea.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

* My Wists     
* Do you have old magazines laying around that you want to get rid of? I'd love to use them! Send me a PM.
koala lou
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007 04:19:25 PM »

Wow, that's fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sarush
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007 04:28:23 PM »

this is so great Smiley how did you make the anchor? and is it covered with duct tape? or tinfoil?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
craftyteen
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007 04:44:55 PM »

I wish I were your son! That is adorable! I am sure he loves it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maggie2187
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007 04:51:23 PM »

this is so great Smiley how did you make the anchor? and is it covered with duct tape? or tinfoil?

It's foam, cut and wrapped with duct tape with double sided velcro to stick to the wagon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DutchMoeder
Knittin' Anglophile

Nijntje Knits Too

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007 05:30:42 PM »

VERY Cute and adorable! I want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my etsy! - http://dutchmoeder.etsy.com
longwinterfarm

It isn't easy being top banana in the shock dept.

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007 05:47:19 PM »

I want one too!  Arrrrrgh...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Just like we can never go down the drain, we can never go up the sweeper." -Fred Rogers
MelancholyMiss
"impure as the driven yellow snow!" - Spike

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007 06:07:58 PM »

Oh wow, that is awesome!  I love it, and to quote my friends son "arrrrgh me parties"
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlepunkkitty
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007 07:03:09 PM »

thats great!  oh man, i wish i had a crafty mamma when i was younger.  hell, i wish i had that now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
horizonpurple
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007 08:09:04 PM »

Oh wow, that is awesome!  I love it, and to quote my friends son "arrrrgh me parties"

LOL, that's adorable, I can so hear a kid say that.

The ship is fantastic! Bet he's the envy of the neighbourhood.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
what_drama
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007 08:10:03 PM »

haha! thats so cute!
wish I could have had one when I was little.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007 11:15:00 PM »

oh my gosh. my cousin would love that......how did you do that!?!? what paint did u use!?!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
foldingj
Tribal Handy Man

Reality Bites, I have the teeth marks to prove it

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2007 04:59:57 AM »

Awesome. Great job. I love these type of revamps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ah, the internet. Where men are men, women are men, and children are police officers.

My Etsy - http://www.jasonscreations.etsy.com
              NOW OPEN
Yahoo 360 page - http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-4tBJU_MicqowzxNMxuRE64AWogbslNcZkw--?cq=1
Mienna
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007 05:09:03 AM »

That's awesome! Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenCourt
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2007 06:56:01 AM »

very creative! and cute!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maggie2187
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2007 08:58:19 AM »

oh my gosh. my cousin would love that......how did you do that!?!? what paint did u use!?!?

It's Krylon spray paint specifically made for plastic toys/chairs. I've become obsessed, theres so many horrible plastic toys out there that could be made so much cooler. I sprayed 2 coats of black, let it dry over night, then I ripped pieces of masking tape in half and made the wood planks by spraying over it brown. I sharpied in the black wood grain. The seats are in a pressed gold, and the wheels are a metallic gold. Then 2 coats of clear. The seats are cardboard, upholstered. The flag is felt. It was a lot of fun to make!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ArmyOfMe

It should be raining

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2007 09:28:40 AM »

haha hellz yeah! If I give you my car, will you turn it into a pirate ship? Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Statique
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2007 10:06:10 AM »

You have a great imagination-that is the cutest thing. Very original.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2007 11:01:11 AM »

It's Krylon spray paint specifically made for plastic toys/chairs. I've become obsessed, theres so many horrible plastic toys out there that could be made so much cooler. I sprayed 2 coats of black, let it dry over night, then I ripped pieces of masking tape in half and made the wood planks by spraying over it brown. I sharpied in the black wood grain. The seats are in a pressed gold, and the wheels are a metallic gold. Then 2 coats of clear. The seats are cardboard, upholstered. The flag is felt. It was a lot of fun to make!

thanks!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.    Psalm 139:13
zoemarie
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2007 03:19:05 PM »

That is awesome.  What kid wouldn't love that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crystalthepirate
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2007 07:30:10 PM »

omg, i would so love to ride around in that. hahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007 07:39:34 PM »

You've inspired me!  Plastic kids toys are always the same few colors.  There's just no reason that every last thing a little girl uses should have to be pink or lavender - like someone barfed Barbie on all of it!  I hope to find just the right thing to recon for some of my "nieces"!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 67
'16: 20
cheytown
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007 08:18:43 PM »

yaaarrrrrr! so freakin' awesome!!! i love love love this. you are amazing. i had no idea spray paint could look so good. (eyes dd's old plastic kiddie picnic table....)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
maggie2187
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007 08:45:23 PM »

You've inspired me!  Plastic kids toys are always the same few colors.  There's just no reason that every last thing a little girl uses should have to be pink or lavender - like someone barfed Barbie on all of it!  I hope to find just the right thing to recon for some of my "nieces"!

I actually got the idea when someone on a baby message board spray painted their kids nasty red and yellow coupe car pink and purple. Of course my imagination ran wild, our next project is going to be my sons big wheel into anything "monster" (per his request) if you decide to do anything with any toys I'd love to see what other plastic toys people come up with! I would REALLY like to do a ratty outside playhouse, but we live in an apartment so no room Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
augi
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2007 01:51:09 AM »

too cute! i wish i had one when i was a kid
THIS ROCKS   Logged
carole73
My family IS my life!

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2007 06:27:33 AM »

Very original....I wish I could "parlay" my way into one!!! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Families are like a box of chocolates... some have nuts in them Smiley
La famille c'est numro 1
TheMistressT
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

There's not much in this world that can't be improved by either chocolate, bacon or glitter.

Dahlin, I'm so glamorous I cry glitter tears.

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2007 09:01:26 AM »

I actually got the idea when someone on a baby message board spray painted their kids nasty red and yellow coupe car pink and purple. Of course my imagination ran wild, our next project is going to be my sons big wheel into anything "monster" (per his request) if you decide to do anything with any toys I'd love to see what other plastic toys people come up with! I would REALLY like to do a ratty outside playhouse, but we live in an apartment so no room Sad

I had thought of making one of those plastic play structures that has a little slide and all of that look like a log fort from the Old West or maybe a castle.  I don't even have kids!  I've used that paint to cover nasty old resin chairs and not sure that I could depress the "button" on a can of spray paint long enough to cover a play house!  Some little kid I know is likely to get a tricked-out, custom ride for Christmas, though.  How long did you let the paint cure before you masked over it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog, Suddenly Surrounded by Taxidermy: http://suddenlytaxidermy.blogspot.com/
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/themistresst
http://www.etsy.com/shop/BubbleOffPlumb & http://www.etsy.com/shop/GreatBigBeautifulDog

2013 Projects Completed: 61
'14: 42 (at least)
'15: 67
'16: 20
maggie2187
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2007 11:18:45 AM »

I had thought of making one of those plastic play structures that has a little slide and all of that look like a log fort from the Old West or maybe a castle.  I don't even have kids!  I've used that paint to cover nasty old resin chairs and not sure that I could depress the "button" on a can of spray paint long enough to cover a play house!  Some little kid I know is likely to get a tricked-out, custom ride for Christmas, though.  How long did you let the paint cure before you masked over it?

We have one of those spray paint sprayers, worked nicely. We put the 2 coats of black on, left it overnight and then did the brown. We pulled the tape off immediately after we did it. I'd say overnight for each color you add? The paint chipped ALOT but luckily it's a ratty pirate ship so a black sharpie fixed it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
snappity-snap
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007 01:47:52 PM »

where do i buy that spray paint?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

J9crafts
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007 12:39:03 PM »

that's so rad. I wish I had you as a mom Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
*Maria*
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007 01:09:54 PM »

that is so cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ryepie
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007 10:17:23 PM »

oh my.
i am stunned!
we bought haye a radioflyer 2 days ago and i think i need to borrow your idea. i hope you don't mind!

i'm very excited about this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

miep
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007 10:50:47 PM »

i want one too for my son.
much better like this.
good job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
patty_o_furniture

May the force be ever in your favor, Mr. Potter.

« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2007 05:27:36 PM »

This Rocks!  Love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragynf1ye
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007 01:27:58 PM »

That is the coolest!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
staciart

Old, but not rotten...yet.

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2007 09:34:03 PM »

Sweet, sweet ship! I'll bet he's ecstatic!! I have to Rock This, it really should have been bumped up again in time for Halloween  Smiley  AWESOME!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftewoman
Tutorial Contributor

Busy sculpting...

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2007 08:10:38 AM »

This is so awesome. My boys would love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

JustinKase
Psychobilly Steampunk Pyrate

It's the hat... Chicks dig the hat!

« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2008 06:59:26 AM »

This is stupendous.  I love it, and I am a pirate.

I have one of these wagons in the garage. The Wife will not let me put pin-up art on it (says I cannot use it to cart around my drinking buddies, it is for the kids).   Wink

I am also going to have to go Pirate and "borrow" this idea.  You know maybe I can find that design for Nerf Cannons again.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What will curiosity get you?
Killed the Cat Curio Shop
http:\\www.etsy.com\shop\killedthecat
LaundryBunny
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2008 02:58:51 PM »

Holy crap you're awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loveandasandwich
Chelsea Bloxsom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2008 01:02:01 AM »

hahaha awesome! i hope you made him a crafty pirate hat/eyepatch to match. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

newagedolls
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2008 06:59:05 AM »

omg lol
i want one!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xzapunk
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2008 04:04:17 PM »

Amazing. I love it so much and can't wait till I finally have kids too make fun stuff for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kisskristy
« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2009 08:23:05 PM »

i just stumbled across this post and wowowowowowowowowow...
i'm amazed..
you have some serious talent :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelcallie
Fabric Addict

It is a truth universally acknowledged . . .

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 02, 2009 03:15:09 PM »

That is so cool! What a cute idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Cleanse & Treat Skin with 1 Simple Swipe
Fruit-Themed Nail Art Inspired by a Passion for Natural Beauty
Bold Lip Makeup Tutorial
3 Easy Date Night Makeup Tutorials
Sultry Smokey Eye Makeup Tutorial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Patriotic Table
Craft Challenge #114 - Pick It and Craft It!
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Paper Stars

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...