A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,451
Currently Running With Scissors:
482 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bunny Castle (Warning high levels of cute!)  (Read 8079 times)
Tags for this thread: pet_bed  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Bunny in a Bear
« on: July 04, 2007 09:37:36 AM »

First a little bit of background.  This is the second bunny house I've built like this.  The original is still in Ontario as when I moved back to British Columbia I didn't have room for it Cry.  While the first one was built with a hammer, a saw, and love, the new one was built with tools.  My Dad's power tools to be exact (nothing I love more than putting my fingers near fast moving cutting machines Tongue).

The original took about a week to build and was an effort of love, this one took a day (a long tiring day though) and was built to replace the old one.

As you can see it is a marvel of rabbit technology Grin.  On the ground floor there is a hidey-hole with 2 ways in and out (rabbits like having an escape tunnel).  The second level has a corner to safely lounge against and a slightly elevated view of their cage.  Then there is the upper deck.  This is a big area where the buns can lounge and look out the window as well as having a high place to spy on me from.  They like being able to view things from as high as they can get.

I still haven't had the chance to fill the cage with the kind of toys a bunny likes.  A slinky, wicker trivets and baskets to destroy, things dangling from hemp strings, and lots of little things that make loud noises when "mouth thrown" by a bunny around the cage Wink.

...Oh and let me introduce you.  The lazy, male, grey bunny is Apollo and the smaller, fiesty, tan bunny is Starbuck.  They are what is called a bonded pair, otherwise know to us humans as being married.  They love each other very much.  Here they are in their happy new home!

A view of their cage from a far

Just hanging out

Apollo trying to have a nap

Starbuck sneaking a head start on the parsley

Stacked bunnies!

Starbuck confronted about the missing parsley

Camera shy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~John~
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007 09:54:55 AM »

Aw what cute bunnies! It looks like they love thier new "toy". Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittinfiasco
A child of God

YHWH is my Daddy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007 10:02:31 AM »

Aw! So cute!  Great job on the construction!

Your pair must be good jumpers!  When I had a bunny, the only time he jumped over his 18" fence/pen (he needed exercise; he was fat--so we didn't bother with a top) was when my sister left the lights on in his room all night--he got bored, couldn't sleep, so he jumped out, went up 2 flights of stairs and into my room in the middle of the night.  Pretty freaky to hear things falling and scrabbling bunny claws on hardwood floor in the dark!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

k^2
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007 10:03:19 AM »

Those are bunnies are so cute it's ridiculous.  You did a good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come on in, I'll put on a pot of bourbon.
Bunny in a Bear
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007 10:11:25 AM »

Aw! So cute!  Great job on the construction!

Your pair must be good jumpers!  When I had a bunny, the only time he jumped over his 18" fence/pen (he needed exercise; he was fat--so we didn't bother with a top) was when my sister left the lights on in his room all night--he got bored, couldn't sleep, so he jumped out, went up 2 flights of stairs and into my room in the middle of the night.  Pretty freaky to hear things falling and scrabbling bunny claws on hardwood floor in the dark!

Oh I guess I forgot to mention that to get up to the upper deck there is a hole that they hop up through and climb down from.  They could jump that high, but I don't think they would risk jumping too high and hitting the cage roof or not making it far enough and slipping off the edge.  They do however sometime jump down into their litter tray from up top.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~John~
cute_anarchy
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007 10:22:42 AM »

What great construction - you must have happy bunnies!  And, I spy a fellow Battlestar geek...it is awesome, and so is the bunny home you built. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm a medium aged procrastinator, with a room full of craft supplies! 

I've got a wist and a pinterest: http://www.wists.com/cute_anarchy 
kalan71
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007 10:25:47 AM »

lucky bunnies and they are really cute
THIS ROCKS   Logged

vanillaxlight
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007 10:36:12 AM »

Awesome! Ive had plans like this in my head for my Lucy for a while now, but I cant get my hands on the tools. Yours is spectacular!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm no longer a moderator, but I will always love June 2005 - October 2008

http://robotsinagrid.com
Teresa_T
Without Cats I'm Nothing

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007 10:47:22 AM »

Wow, that is really well done. It looks like you take very good care of your bunnies indeed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kpuppy
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007 11:30:16 AM »

I want to steal your bunnies. They are soooo cute! And so lucky to have an amazing home!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Terra McVoy: What Are You Reading?
Mary Louise Kelly: What Are You Reading?
California Sensibility: What Is California Literature?
Writer Alex Witchel On Loss In "All Gone"
Bangalore Literature Festival 2013 - Words from the Founders
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...