A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,385
Currently Running With Scissors:
682 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Offer What You Have (Crafts/Supplies) Swap - July  (Read 4560 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 04, 2007 07:30:34 AM »

Swap name: Ongoing Offer What You Have (Crafts or Supplies) Swap

Craftster member who is organizing this swap: Miss Violaceous

Swap runs: July 4 through July 31

Details:
If you a) have crafts lying around that you've made
    or  b) enjoy making things for other people
    or  c) want to de-stash supplies
...then this swap is for you! To join you must have at least five things that you have made/would like to make/want to trade.

To join, first PM the organizer with your application. Once you are approved, you are free to claim something and post your list.

Swap Organizer meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Those of you who know me from other swaps probably know that I'm kind of a hardass about pictures and such, but this swap is a little different. It is important for you to thank your partner, be courteous and communicative, but a lot of the items are premade or stash, so pictures aren't crucial. However, DC numbers are mandatory for people in the U.S. sending to other people in the U.S., and everyone else must keep their receipts. I will be giving feedback in the following way:
-  good/poor communication:  where applicable
-  sent late: more than a week late
-  no dc number: failed to comply with the rule about using a delivery confirmation number for packages within your own country

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer Miss Violaceous by private message:

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
-Name of swap:
-Craftster username:
-Email address:
-Your real name:
-Mailing address:
-Are you a Friend of Craftster or have you been a swap angel (with proof in profile)?:
-Your list of at least five items (crafts you can make/have readymade or details of supplies you wish to offer):

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

--------------------

This is an ongoing swap: Claim an item from the list of the last person who posted, and post your own list in response. It makes a chain. When we get to the end of the month, the very last person to post a list will be the first person to post a list at the beginning of the next month.

At the top of your claim post, state how many claims you have made this month, and how many of those are outstanding (i.e. the recipient has not yet received the item). Remember your outstanding claim limit:
Friend of Craftster: Three (per month)
First-Time Swapper: One (per month)
Everyone Else: Two (per month)
EVERYONE: Seven (total outstanding from this month + previous months)
The reason for the new cumulative limit of seven claims is that we will now be using a single feedback entry instead of having a new one each month. Because of this, there is a greater risk of someone racking up a bunch of claims and dropping out.

If your list stayed up for more than 48 hours before someone claimed from it last time you posted, you must add something to it the next time you claim. You can also allow claimers to add more items together to make a claim (i.e. they don't seem to be biting on your earrings, so now they can take two pairs for a single claim instead of just one.) If you are having trouble coming up with stuff to add, consider offering a small item to be custom made for the person who claims from you. This can be conditioned on using stash items if you wish. Remember that it must be something that you can complete in two weeks, unless your partner agrees otherwise.

Once someone claims from you, you have two weeks to get the package in the mail.  

Do not sign up unless you are willing to send outside of your country if necessary.

Check out the first round and the second round and the third round and the fourth round if you need help figuring out the scope of what to put on your list. It is typically in the $5-$15 range, from a half a yard to a couple yards of fabric depending on weight and fanciness, crafted accessories, grab bags of yarn, beads, buttons and notions, things of that nature.

Link to Swap Gallery

List of approved swappers:

3 Claims Allowed:
Miss Violaceous (five received)
selkie (three received)
sewknitter (three received)
riario (three received)
katera (one received)
Velvet Rose (one received)
mrs.benjimadden (two received)
bkrenning4 (one received)

2 Claims Allowed:
I_Bleed_Hot_Glue (one received)
farmgirljane (three received)
shiitake (one received)
march

1 Claim Allowed:
calluna (one received)
Grittybelle

Claim send-outs:
Sent / Received / Late With Communication / Late Without Communication

coral from the last round is sending to Miss Violaceous
Miss Violaceous is sending to selkie - July 18
selkie is sending to riario - July 19
riario is sending to Miss Violaceous - July 19
Miss Violaceous is sending to riario - July 19
riario is sending to sewknitter - July 19
sewknitter is sending to selkie - July 20
selkie is sending to farmgirljane - July 26
farmgirljane is sending to Velvet Rose - July 27
Velvet Rose is sending to farmgirljane - July 27
farmgirljane is sending to katera - July 28
katera is sending to I_Bleed_Hot_Glue - July 29
I_Bleed_Hot_Glue is sending to Miss Violaceous - July 29
Miss Violaceous is sending to sewknitter - July 29
sewknitter is sending to mrs. benjimadden - July 29
mrs.benjimadden is sending to calluna - July 31
calluna is sending to riario - August 1
riario is sending to Miss Violaceous - August 1
Miss Violaceous is sending to mrs.benjimadden - August 1
mrs. benjimadden is sending to sewknitter - August 11
sewknitter is sending to farmgirljane - August 13
farmgirljane is sending to selkie - August 13
selkie is sending to bkrenning4 - August 13
bkrenning4 is sending to shiitake - August 14
shiitake is sending to Miss Violaceous - August 14
Miss Violaceous is sending to someone in the next round...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007 09:45:37 PM by Miss Violaceous » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007 07:31:58 AM »

Signer-uppers: You will need to send a new application PM to get in on this month, but if you were in last month, it WILL NOT take up an additional swap slot. Tell your friends!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007 07:37:57 AM »

The first claim will be from coral's list here. Oodles of vintage sewing patterns!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007 03:59:19 PM »

coral's list is still the active list. You all know the score, but this is just to prevent any confusion. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007 05:09:31 PM »

I'm Miss Violaceous, and this is my first claim this month (fourth overall, remember everyone has a seven-outstanding-claim limit over all months that you have not completed yet). I claim coral for Simplicity 1794 (unless there's something else in her big pattern stash not shown that I like better, we'll work it out in PM's).

One claim each:

1. One custom made pair of earrings on silver french hooks, made with materials from my stash. Mostly glass, a lot of various silvertone acoutrements, all different colors possible. Here's a taste of what I can do:

2. Lot of crochet cotton. They are all partial balls, but I have no idea what the yardage is. The colors in the photo are accurate, but note that they are slightly different in gague from each other. White, cream, tiny bit of red, and multis in pink and purple.

3. Grab bag of vintage hem facings with a bit of bias tape thrown into the mix. Some of the lace ones are stretchy. Some of them (especially the satin) have some discoloration. A lot of them are partial, but there are a few with the original wrapping on.

4. POSSIBLY INCOMPLETE Vintage women's sewing pattern. It says that veiws 3 and 4 are nightgowns, while views 1 and 2 are housecoats. Personally, I think you could turn them into day dresses also. Size 16, which according to the chart is a 38" bust, 30" waist, 40" hip, with 16 3/4" back length. It has been cut, but by someone who is very careful with their sewing patterns. I verified that most of the pieces were there, but I can't be sure about a few of them (I didn't unfold them all the way, so I might've missed some.) At the very least you can do views 3 and 4 (the two in the center), and most if not all of the pieces for views 1 and 2 are there also, so if you're clever you might be able to make up the rest. Dated 1977!

1/2 claim each (read descriptions, some photos represent multiple choices that are 1/2 claim each).

1. Pastel madras cotton/poly blouse. This was part of my businesswear rotation because it was so easy to care for, but eventually I yanked it when I lost weight and didn't want to wear dowdy things that hid my middle anymore. It's a woman's S, and the colors are quite pretty. I don't see any obvious wear or stains. Cut it up and make something cool. The only reason it's still here and didn't go to the thrift store long ago is because I thought I might make something with it someday.

2. OK! Celebrity magazines, in new condition, to use as ephemera. They have lots of pictures of celebrities, clothes, jewelry, that sort of thing, in addition to print ads. If you're looking for a particular celebrity or kind of clothing, let me know. Take as many as you want for 1/2 a claim.

3. All but a few yards of a ball of Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn in City Lights.

4. All but a few dozen yards of a 7oz skein of Caron Simply Soft

5.  Complete skein of DMC Baroque crochet cotton in bright white. 1/2 claim as is, or I can attempt to dye it a color of your choice (not black or earth tones) for 1 claim.

6. Shoes I bought to recon but never got around to it. The white ones are size 5 1/2, and the other two are size 5. Each pair is 1/2 claim, or all three for 1 claim.

7. Tribbles... I mean, novelty yarn. There are two different kinds there. The muddier-colored one is softer. Each two-ball set is 1/2 claim.

8. Two balls of Lion Brand Fun Fur in Copper. Picture from Lion Brand's website.

9. 18" x 60" pink plaid fleece fabric.

10. Really cute bright colors and metallic fish stickers. One sheet.

11. NEW Simplicity 4258. Size K5 - sizes 8-16. Bust 31 1/2-38", waist 24-30", hip 33 1/2-40".

12. NEW Simplicity 4217. Size K5 - sizes 8-16. Bust 31 1/2-38", waist 24-30", hip 33 1/2-40".

13. Simplicity 3826. Size AA - sizes 10-18. Bust 32 1/2-40", waist 25-32, hip 34 1/2-42.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007 06:57:02 PM »

I would like to claim a pair of earrings!
Selkie

Since my digi cam and batteries are not getting along very well at the moment, I do not have pictures Sad  (kids + rechargeable batteries = PITA, but I managed to locate 4 of them - hopefully they won't take too long to charge!)
To make up for the lack of pictures and your risk, I'm making my offers a bit bigger than I would if I had pictures. I hope the risk is worth the tradeoff!!!

I have 4 separate things to offer!

1: a large envelope of various fabrics - mostly 100% cotton, some larger pieces

2: a large envelope of various yarns - I have a lot of light pink and a little of other colors

3: a large envelope of various counted cross stitch items

4: a large envelope of book pages suitable for decoupage

Selkie
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007 04:53:39 AM by selkie - Reason: pictures added!!! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
riario
:*

expecting our first!

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007 12:11:24 PM »

Ive been PM'd by the organizer to say I am approved I would like to claim selkie for 1: a large envelope of various fabrics - mostly 100% cotton, some larger pieces. This is my first claim. My list - choose 1 from list A & 2 from list B, or 4 from list B

List A

crocheted? scarf color is brighter in real life (handmade but not by me)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606scarf1.jpg

peach with white swirls 1.5 yards
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606oneAndHalf.jpg

vintage green sheer 2 yards
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606twoYardsSheer.jpg

List B

headband for small child
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606baby_headband.jpg

blue pouch
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606blue_pouch.jpg

assorted blue plastic beads
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606blue_plastic.jpg

vintage Oklahoma patch
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606patch.jpg

vintage sewing book
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606sewing_book.jpg

knitting/crochet? stuff - unfortunately I don't do either of these crafts
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606DSC_0003.jpg

parka pattern
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606DSC_0004.jpg
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 09:00:46 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Miss Violaceous

Condones Flashing

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007 12:49:21 PM »

I'm Miss Violaceous, and this is my second claim this month (fourth outstanding overall). I claim riario for the vintage green sheer fabric.

One claim each:

1. One custom made pair of earrings on silver french hooks, made with materials from my stash. Mostly glass, a lot of various silvertone acoutrements, all different colors possible. Here's a taste of what I can do:

2. Lot of crochet cotton. They are all partial balls, but I have no idea what the yardage is. The colors in the photo are accurate, but note that they are slightly different in gague from each other. White, cream, tiny bit of red, and multis in pink and purple.

3. Grab bag of vintage hem facings with a bit of bias tape thrown into the mix. Some of the lace ones are stretchy. Some of them (especially the satin) have some discoloration. A lot of them are partial, but there are a few with the original wrapping on.

4. POSSIBLY INCOMPLETE Vintage women's sewing pattern. It says that veiws 3 and 4 are nightgowns, while views 1 and 2 are housecoats. Personally, I think you could turn them into day dresses also. Size 16, which according to the chart is a 38" bust, 30" waist, 40" hip, with 16 3/4" back length. It has been cut, but by someone who is very careful with their sewing patterns. I verified that most of the pieces were there, but I can't be sure about a few of them (I didn't unfold them all the way, so I might've missed some.) At the very least you can do views 3 and 4 (the two in the center), and most if not all of the pieces for views 1 and 2 are there also, so if you're clever you might be able to make up the rest. Dated 1977!

1/2 claim each (read descriptions, some photos represent multiple choices that are 1/2 claim each).

1. Pastel madras cotton/poly blouse. This was part of my businesswear rotation because it was so easy to care for, but eventually I yanked it when I lost weight and didn't want to wear dowdy things that hid my middle anymore. It's a woman's S, and the colors are quite pretty. I don't see any obvious wear or stains. Cut it up and make something cool. The only reason it's still here and didn't go to the thrift store long ago is because I thought I might make something with it someday.

2. OK! Celebrity magazines, in new condition, to use as ephemera. They have lots of pictures of celebrities, clothes, jewelry, that sort of thing, in addition to print ads. If you're looking for a particular celebrity or kind of clothing, let me know. Take as many as you want for 1/2 a claim.

3. All but a few yards of a ball of Lion Brand Incredible ribbon yarn in City Lights.

4. All but a few dozen yards of a 7oz skein of Caron Simply Soft

5.  Complete skein of DMC Baroque crochet cotton in bright white. 1/2 claim as is, or I can attempt to dye it a color of your choice (not black or earth tones) for 1 claim.

6. Shoes I bought to recon but never got around to it. The white ones are size 5 1/2, and the other two are size 5. Each pair is 1/2 claim, or all three for 1 claim.

7. Tribbles... I mean, novelty yarn. There are two different kinds there. The muddier-colored one is softer. Each two-ball set is 1/2 claim.

8. Two balls of Lion Brand Fun Fur in Copper. Picture from Lion Brand's website.

9. 18" x 60" pink plaid fleece fabric.

10. Really cute bright colors and metallic fish stickers. One sheet.

11. NEW Simplicity 4258. Size K5 - sizes 8-16. Bust 31 1/2-38", waist 24-30", hip 33 1/2-40".

12. NEW Simplicity 4217. Size K5 - sizes 8-16. Bust 31 1/2-38", waist 24-30", hip 33 1/2-40".

13. Simplicity 3826. Size AA - sizes 10-18. Bust 32 1/2-40", waist 25-32, hip 34 1/2-42.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

riario
:*

expecting our first!

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007 12:52:13 PM »

Ive been PM'd by the organizer to say I am approved I would like to claim Miss Violaceous for Simplicity patterns 4217 & 3826. This is my second claim. My list - choose 1 from list A & 2 from list B, or 4 from list B

List A

crocheted? scarf color is brighter in real life (handmade but not by me)
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606scarf1.jpg

peach with white swirls 1.5 yards
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606oneAndHalf.jpg

List B

headband for small child
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606baby_headband.jpg

blue pouch
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606blue_pouch.jpg

assorted blue plastic beads
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606blue_plastic.jpg

vintage Oklahoma patch
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606patch.jpg

knitting/crochet? stuff - unfortunately I don't do either of these crafts
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606DSC_0003.jpg

parka pattern
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/60606DSC_0004.jpg

I know the list is getting small so I'll go home tonight and see what else I can add to the list Wink
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011 08:59:54 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewknitter

have needles will sew, knit, crochet, tat. . swap!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007 02:07:30 PM »

Ive been PM'd by the organizer to say I am approved I would like to  claim riario for the crocheted scarf and a bunch of scrapbooking stuff that we pmed privately for the part B.

This is my first claim for July.
claim sent to selkie, 30 prewound embroidery bobbins
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007 11:04:26 AM by sewknitter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.cara4webshoppin g.com
knitting looms, embroidery machines, weaving,  knitting software~all discounted!

Shop My Swap  Shop 31
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Cold Weather Fashion Guide
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Large-Busted Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Pear-Shaped Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Petite Women
The Best Swimsuit Styles for Athletic Women
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...