A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,685
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Diaper Wreath Tutorial! *IMG HEAVY, OF COURSE*  (Read 13354 times)
Tags for this thread: wreath , diaper_wreath  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« on: July 03, 2007 11:45:58 PM »

How To Make A Diaper Wreath

Diaper wreaths make great gift/decoration crafts for a baby shower. Not only are they extremely cute, they're also quite a bit cheaper to make than a diaper cake, which can take over 250 diapers!

This tutorial was first written in HTML, and looks much prettier that way. For the HTML version, click here

Necessary Ingredients:
Steps:
  • Wrap the wreath form completely with the tulle. Hold it in place using a few straight pins stuck straight into the foam.
  • Start by unfolding the diapers, so they make a long rectangle. You dont need to fold out the wing parts, just unfold the main crease along the bottom.
  • Wrap the diaper around the wreath form, so that the crease is towards the middle of the ring and the top of the diaper sticks out away from the middle. Bunch the top of the diaper together somewhat, and hold it in place around the wreath using a clear rubber hair elastic. Dont try to wrap it around multiple times, like you would for hair. Just once will do.
  • There are two ways to do the rest of the diapers:
          A: Overlap each following diaper onto the previous diaper, to create a smooth, slightly swirled look for the end result. When you get to the final diaper, you will have to undo the elastic from the top of the first one, so that you can slide the last diaper underneath the edge.

B: Squish each diaper up against the side of the previous one, making a bunched appearance. While this looks a bit less finished, it does have the bonus of not having to do anything special for the final diaper.

When it is finished, it should look something like this:
  • Once you have finished putting all of the diapers onto the wreath, start cutting pieces of curling ribbon about 12 to 18 inches long. Take one of each color that you are using, and hold them together as though they are one piece of ribbon, then tie them around the top of a diaper, covering the hair elastics. Do the same for each diaper, then start curling the ribbons one by one, using the standard scissor curling method. If you dont know how to do that, search google for how to curl ribbon.
  • Finally, take each of your gifts, and cut a few 20 inch long pieces of ribbon for them. Tie the ribbon around a diaper, leaving two long equal-length tails, and then tie those tails through or around your gift. For a bottle, youll want to tie right below the ring that holds the nipple on. For a pacifier or toy keys, youll want to tie through the ring. Also, leave a bit of slack between the diaper and any smaller gifts, so that they dont disappear inside all the curls.
  • Curl the gift ribbons, and youre ready to go!
[/list]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012 01:38:58 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
sarush
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007 12:53:09 AM »

this is such a cute idea Smiley my mom and i got my sister a diaper cake for her baby shower but this would have been much easier and cheaper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
sewrayme
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007 04:38:17 AM »

I've made diaper cakes before (thanks to this site) and now I'll have to give this a try.  What a great idea!  I have a baby shower to go to in a couple of weeks.  Thanks so much for the Tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

but they all have to learn to live in the same box.
owl be there
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007 08:01:56 AM »

thats a great idea! it looks so cute when your done :Cheesy great job on the tutorial and thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sorcha Griannon

Wench this! :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007 09:37:56 AM »

Very cute!  I'll definately do one of these in a few months

Sorcha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wench #2524, Sorcha. International Wenches Guild
Founder-"The Prick'd Finger Society" where our motto is "If you haven't bled, it's not finished, the sacrifice must be made"
My Rants and Rambles
Ravelry-sorchagriannon
rainylakechick
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007 01:59:51 PM »

My cousin had a baby this morning!

I already mailed her a small diaper cake for her shower... I wish I was in the same town as her, so I could show up to the hospital and present her with a diaper wreath.

Thanks for the awesome tutorial!  I'm book marking this! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hellga
Shiny and Cool!

^ Dumbo Octopus ^

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007 03:08:08 PM »

I've made diaper cakes before (thanks to this site) and now I'll have to give this a try.  What a great idea!  I have a baby shower to go to in a couple of weeks.  Thanks so much for the Tutorial.

if you make one, take pictures! i'd love to see how it turns out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the unofficial craftster chat! Click Here! Alternatively, using IRC, join server irc.aniverse.com and then join the #craftster channel!
Personal Swaps: I am looking for wool yarn for crocheting and felting. Want to swap?
Knitty

With all these hobbies, who has time to work?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2007 11:45:31 AM »

Perfect! A friend is hosting a baby shower and needs ideas. Thanks for posting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
adadancer13

That urks my pickle!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2007 12:36:56 AM »

This cracks me up! It's a great idea! Thanks for the tutorial!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wannabe-craftymama

learning as i go...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007 08:15:31 PM »

what a great idea! thanks for the tute! i cant wait to try it out Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

trying my best to figure it all out...

Smiley
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chelsea Leyland’s Must Have Makeup Essentials
Essence Gives Four Service Women Military Makeovers
How to Wear Pink Makeup
Mally Roncal Makeup Backstage at the Tracy Reese NYFW Fall Show
How to Hide Gray Hairs
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...