A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 300,908
Currently Running With Scissors:
556 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Needle felted brain for a reconned horror doll(Icky. Not for the faint of heart)  (Read 5565 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

krissykat
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007 08:52:47 PM »

Good call. I'm going to try to find some yard sales over the weekend. If that doesn't work out, I'll start hunting on eBay. I have to say, I kind of like the thought of getting a box of doll parts in the mail.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MySpace*My Wists*My Knitting/Crafting Blog*My Etsy* Watch for updates!
MorbidlyCute on Ravelry.com
rhino
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007 09:15:45 PM »

Good call. I'm going to try to find some yard sales over the weekend. If that doesn't work out, I'll start hunting on eBay. I have to say, I kind of like the thought of getting a box of doll parts in the mail.  Grin

i "won" a large box of Barbie dolls from 60's and present the seller bagged them in a black garbage bag  funny in a slightly disturbed way:)

my kids rescue their favorites and i chopped the rest into useable pieces. (your a doll barrette, mutant frog toy, monster yarn) are just a few that i have posted.  the thrift stores around here seem to think un-boxed Barbie dolls are worth a mint i wont spend over $2 for a Barbie as far as antique dolls a thrift store was selling one with hair that was obviously eaten chewed on body that was breaking at the seams it was from late 1950's for $12 insane so i went about on ebay had a field day oh the options are endless!

was thinking for your patient doll how about a pet on a metal leash? half human half gargoyle Smiley the results of a intermingled love affair in the hospital mental ward?   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
Out of Habit (Ani Difranco)
http://www.rhino.etsy.com
krissykat
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007 08:30:41 AM »

Oh, man. I'll bet he kept those Barbies in his freezer before he sent them to you. (or she)

I do remember cracking up over your monster yarn. Very cool. I recently lost all my Barbies and My Little Ponies to a mildew epidemic in my mother's very damp garage. I'll bet a mildewed arm would have looked extra creepy, though. I wonder if there's some way to paint them to look like that. Maybe I can find like, a Barbeee at the dollar store to experiment on. I figured ebay would be kind of pricey for dolls. Thanks for the tip.

I read that as "pet on a meNtal leash" and thought, wow that's rad. But how? lol  It's still rad. I'm definitely in a needle felting mood again today. I'll have to play around with that idea. Thanks Cheesy Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

corduroy cat
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007 09:03:53 AM »

since we all seem to be diggin' on the spooky doll thing, thought i'd share mine with you. she's made of french bisque i think and is circa 1920? she's without needle felted brains yet, i've been saving her for ages! got her on ebay for about 2 (about $4) and i think the seller was bummed he didnt make a fortune on her cause he'd been told she is rare lol. she was found in a junkyard here in the uk. apparantly people go digging deep in old parts of the dump (circa 1900+) and salvage antiques from there! not so sure i'd be into that, but i love how the dump has weathered her, don't you? Grin

« Last Edit: February 08, 2010 03:26:46 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
krissykat
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007 09:41:42 AM »

Oooooh. She's so creepy already. Awesome. I love the missing eyebrow and that little bit of missing pupil on the same side. You don't look at her and think, "Hey, she's missing an eyebrow", it just looks creepy. Whatever you decide to do with her, please make sure you post some pics.

I'll bet you could find some friggin' cool stuff in a really old dump, but yeah, I'd still never want to do it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhino
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007 11:04:13 AM »

awe teamwang she/he is adorable! i love the skin imperfections as well and the expression eyes wow how big is it? 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Art is why I get up in the morning; my definition ends there. You know it doesn't seem fair, that I'm living for something I can't even define. And there you are right there, in the mean time."
corduroy cat
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007 12:30:58 PM »

she's only about 3-4" i love her grunge, lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhino
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007 01:40:12 PM »

you know teamwang... your doll head would be PERFECT for holding pencils and office supplies especially if you or another works in a cubicle oh the gossip would fly  Grin <<thats as evil as a cartoon smile can get

or even a toothebrush holder oh the possibilities!~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

krissykat
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2007 02:01:38 AM »

My doll has been reborn as a zombie swap spoiler!!! for smarmyclothes. I just couldn't wait to share, I love how it turned out. I figured this would be the most spoiler-proof way.

Same felted brain, she just needed some tweaking.
Be warned, she's even creepier and gorier than before.
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/krissy-kat/S6300301.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/krissy-kat/S6300305.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/krissy-kat/S6300309.jpg

I sooo don't want to give her away, though. I guess I'll have to try to make another.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rhino
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2007 06:53:34 AM »

oh i can totally see her in the middle of a dinner table!  she looks much cuter now i think the face seems a bit more softer?  cant wait to see the next creation Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn How to Make a Dancing Gingerbread Man
Vegan Dark Chocolate Coconut Oil Truffles
Citrus Thumbprint Cookie Recipe
6 Holiday Treats Your Kids Can Make for Santa
Peppermint Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...