A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Write-Your-Own-Pattern-a-Long  (Read 4912 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fishie
she of the sea

perfecting neuroticism since 1984

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2007 07:16:20 PM »

I've been being a bit of a procrastinator.  I've got my sketches all done but I'm a bit hesitant to start with my charting.  It's such a big project and I'm overwhelmed!  I guess it's something I should really do in baby steps--Start knitting something from a pattern, and taking occasional breaks to work on my design.

I'll get there someday!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If it lives in the water or flies in the air, I'm in love with it. In New Zealand I saw a flying fish and almost wet myself.

Blog!
Etsy!
Wists!
socomfyhere
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2007 08:23:55 PM »

i'm still working on my cardigan...i don't think it's really going to be at all related to the sienna (my original inspiration).  basically it's a top-down v-neck raglan in a really pretty turquoise berroco ultra alpaca (real name ocean mix, maybe?) but anyway, i have finished the sleeve increases and joined the body, then done about 5 inches of body and waist decreases. one more waist decrease, then some even, then increases and bottom ribbing, woo hoo! then sleeves...then a collar edging...basically i want to be done by august 17th, cuz that's when i go back to my northeastern US university, where the winters have been known to get below -17 F.  so a wool/alpaca sweater will be nice to have...but once school starts again i will NOT be having time to knit, let alone make up a pattern Sad Sad Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TreadmillKnitter
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2007 08:59:25 PM »

i've put my top pattern down for a while as I was getting way too frustrated with it. I'm working on some smaller patterns that I'm writing up (not wearable). One I'm calling Easy Peasy No - More Sneezy pattern for a travel tissue holder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenny

Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/people/TreadmillKnitter

Blog:
http://treadmillknitter.blogspot.com/

Her face is a map of the world...and you can tell that she's a beautiful girl.
punkcatknitter
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2007 08:50:47 PM »

I'll be trying to follow along (at least lurking).

I have a top down cabled tank I need to write out instructions for (stuff that seemed so easy now seems complicated while I try and remember what I did) and I swatched for a new tank. I've been wanting a tank like this for awhile and couldn't find a pattern, now that I'm more comfortable with my knitting skills I can just design my own!

I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone else does on sizing. I really do want to write these out completely, with sizing and everything, I'm just a teeny bit terrified my numbers will be sooooo wrong. lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SlickMariaVic
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2007 09:48:56 PM »

How fun! That would be awesome if everyone designed patterns, showed the FO, and then shared the successful pattern with everyone else Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That which is creative must create itself -" Keats

Pinterest
http://pinterest.com/slickmariavic/
MinorPunk56
Jailbait Rock n' Roll

Crafting is in my blood! Just not in my geneology.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007 02:14:43 PM »

I'm trying to make up a pattern for a hoodie with an edward scissorhands chart that will take up the whole back.  I have a sewing pattern and I think that I'm just gonna knit to the shape of that...anyone have advice?!?!?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(To The Tune of "The Llama Song")Here's a needle, there's a needle, and some yarn between the needles, cast on, knit, purl, always knitting, knitty, knitty, purl.

Proud new owner of a Baby Lock 400!  Any advice for the newbie? PM
princesakati
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2007 06:09:00 PM »

I'd really like to participate!  I have yarn and a sketch for a sweater -- I just need to make some swatches and do some math  Tongue  I also really need to finish the pair of socks I'm making before I start something new.... really, I'm just procrastinating because I don't like math...  One of these days I'll get over it and join in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You've gotta sing louder if you want to stop war! -- Arlo Guthrie
theknitnkitn
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2007 09:10:47 PM »

woo! i just finished writing a pattern for a sweater and i'm in the process of knitting it. it's the first time i've designed something other than a hat...and i spent three hours with a tape measure and a calculator the other night working it all out. i've already made changes and i haven't even finished the hood! basically, i'm modifying the top-down raglan by adding a hood, kimono sleeves and a vneck. i think i'm going to do ribbing for the body (below the bust) to avoid doing that much shaping (the vneck is going to kill me). right now i'm working in SWTC's Phoenix yarn...i thought about doing it in two yarns but the idea didn't occur to me until after i was halfway through with the hood. sooo...next time.
anyway, as you can see, i need a place to vent/discuss the design process!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rjbell
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2007 06:54:43 AM »

woo! i just finished writing a pattern for a sweater and i'm in the process of knitting it.
Can't wait to see it.  I've been so busy that I haven't even got started on my design yet.  And now I keep getting ideas for all other kinds of patterns.  I need to get a sketch book or notebook and start writing down my ideas before I forget!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

---Rhonda
I'm moving to Seattle!  PM me if you know about knitting groups there! Or a favorite yarn store!
Knitting News Cast Podcast
My Knitting Blog
CraftyGal13

teacher, knitter, colorguard girl, craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2007 11:17:19 AM »

I've been at the beach for the last week, and went knitting crazy my first few days there!  I *finished* my lacy pullover Sunday, but haven't gotten around to taking pictures.  I have no clue how I was able to design and knit a whole top in less than a week!!  I promise, pictures and pattern soon!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use a Curling Iron
How to Make Beach Hair Look Chic
Beauty Test Lab: Is This Tool the Ticket to Healthy Hair?
3 Ways to Wear a Scarf in Your Hair
Wildfox Swimwear Cruise 2015 Miami - Backstage, Interviews & Runway
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...