A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 296,740
Currently Running With Scissors:
621 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Stinkin PayPal  (Read 819 times)
Tags for this thread: paypal  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: July 02, 2007 12:10:59 PM »

So, I have been dealing with pay pal for months on this issue. Finally it has effected a sale and I am ticked off!

My e-mail address 'prefix' is the same as someone else's with a different 'suffix' (so, I am like craftster@hotmail.com and she is craftster@hotmail.UK or whatever) so, our names are similar too and her pay pal account has tied up mine. they have fused the two accounts together somehow, the password reset gets sent to my e-mail, but they are her security answers to access. When I contacted pay pal, they send me a link to reset my passwords etc with all of her security stuff again. Grr! Oh, and this is all through Paypal UK...

So the last sale I had in my etsy, the purchaser is in the UK, and paid through Paypal (the first item I have sold through paypal on etsy) and they paid the other paypal account! ....

It is my plan to call them, but I am so frustrated that something like this could happen that I wanted to post a 'watch out for your accounts' warning. I hope you all are keeping good track of what is going on, and not just trusting that pay pal is on top of things!
/rant
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
winter83
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007 11:44:10 PM »

oh wow that sucks. I would call them right away and contact the other person if you can because if your money is going into there account I really doubt they are going to do anything about it. If they don't fix it right away I would keep calling them and bug them till its fixed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007 08:26:31 PM »

Ok, well so far I have used their contact us on line link, and all I get is an automated response. They introduce themselves, like they are a real person;
" Hi thank you for contacting Pay Pal, I am Julie, I can help you..."

then there is a pre-written auto response, and I know this because it is the same resonse I have gotten from Julie, and Rick, and George, and Allison..... word for word.
And they suggest I log on to my account if I am having trouble with receiving payments... OH, can't do that, don't have the passwords!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Notice TV Editing Tricks
How to Join a Reality Competition Show
The Harry Potter Glossary from the Fans
Deathly Hallows Predictions
How to Film Underwater
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...