A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Carolyn's xmas cookies (candy canes, chocolate chips and sugar cookies)  (Read 1644 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2004 01:22:24 PM »

Every year, my boss buys me peppermint bark which is a layer of white chocolate, a layer of dark chocolate and crushed candy canes.  Its wonderful, but expensive and I don't want to make the trip to the mall to get it before our christmas party, so I made a quick version with sugar cookies.

Ingredients...

1/2 bag chocolate chips ( I imagine melted chocolate icing would work too)
1 box candy canes, crushed
2 tubes refrigerated sugar cookie dough, sliced and baked according to package directions

In a double boiler, melt your chocolate chips.  This is the hardest part.  I do it in a very unsafe way... a metal mixing bowl over water in a sauce pan.  Doesn't really fit, but it does the job.  Do this at your own risk.  You could microwave the chips, but I find the double boiler works better.

Once your chips are melted, quickly spoon onto cooled (and already baked) sugar cookies and spread with a spoon or knife.  Sprinkle with crushed candy canes as you icing each cookie, so the candy canes set in the chocolate. 

Place on a cookie tray covered in wax paper (for easy clean up) and put in the freezer until chocolate is set.    If you stack them in a tin, you should probably put wax paper between layers, otherwise they will stick.

Enjoy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Trust yourself.  You know more than you think you do.  -Dr. Spock
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004 06:04:10 AM »

those sound very tasty!
I make a cook that I roll the edge in chocolate then in crushed cashews... I may try this & top the cookies with the candy canes  =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hummer
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004 06:21:55 AM »

I was looking for just one more cookie recipe to make for an upcoming Christmas party.  This one is it.  I will make the sugar cookies from scratch, that will be my only variation.  Thanks for posting this.

J
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004 12:22:19 PM »

I was looking for just one more cookie recipe to make for an upcoming Christmas party. This one is it. I will make the sugar cookies from scratch, that will be my only variation. Thanks for posting this.

I was going to do that originally, but I got lazy.  I think it would look very cute rolled out and cut with cookie cutters in xmas shapes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andrenna

sleep a little more if you want to

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004 11:12:14 AM »

these do sound delicious, and easy. i think i'll add this one to my list of cookies to bake for gifts. i'm also making chocolate covered cherry cookies, which are easy and sooo good. these two sound like they'll go well together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
haykyn

Smart Women Vote!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004 08:07:21 PM »

these do sound delicious, and easy. i think i'll add this one to my list of cookies to bake for gifts. i'm also making chocolate covered cherry cookies, which are easy and sooo good. these two sound like they'll go well together.

Are there cherry bits in there, or are they cherry flavored?  It sounds good either way!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andrenna

sleep a little more if you want to

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2004 11:41:00 AM »

they're a chocolate cookie base with a cherry pressed into the center (in a little bed of chocolate so it sticks) and chocolate drizzled over it. they're so good. here's a recipe if you are interested!

http://www.cooks.com/rec/doc/0,1610,149182-231197,00.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Messy Faux Bob
Full, Loose Curls at Desigual Fall 2014 NYFW
DIY at Home Mask for Dry Scalp and Hair
How to Rock Bangs Without Making a Big Cut
How to Get a Super Sleek Blowout Without the Frizz
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...