A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
515 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My first successful piece of clothing  (Read 2435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SkiTzCoRe
Procrastinator Of Much

I yam what I yam. ^_-

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2007 05:03:01 PM »

Personally, I think it looks great, and great on you... but of course I'm a bit bias to things of green.  Grin Wonderful job.

-SkiTz
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-tries ta do cursive with the keyboard to complete her siggy... fails horribly and without doubt.-
Ceiligrrrrl

A not-so-domestic Diva

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2007 10:23:12 PM »

This is a great dress! I wish it were easier to find nice knit fabric, especially that slinky stuff that drapes so beautifully and doesn't wrinkle. It's so easy to just whip up stuff like this dress with nice knit material, plus it's more forgiving of little goofs in design.

The color is great, and the flow - I bet it'll be a blast to dance in it! And I like the neckline, too, as others have said. If anything, I might angle the sides in just a bit as it gets to the top bit. Then there'd be more of flow with the roundness with the tie (instead of how it flattens out and is very horizontal, as it is now),  there'd be more of a flow in the lines.

I guess I was thinking that only because it's such a soft looking, flowing dress to start with.

I wish, I wish I could find more knit fabric around here, as I'd love to give this dress a try...

Dani
THIS ROCKS   Logged
secondstar
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2007 10:38:23 PM »

I seriously lucked out on the fabric. I found it at wal mart for $1 a yard AND I somehow weasled my boyfriend into buying it. The dress is super super easy and super comfy. Especially since it's so hot here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We could be like onions and peppers
In a sleeping bag fajita
We could be anything you want
Tenille
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007 07:10:10 AM »

Ok, so was the top of it 2 squares? and then they gathered around the neckline?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm on Ravelry Now!!! my usrname is Libraryhooker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tenille
www.libraryhooker.b logspot.com

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."-Terry Pratchett
green r my tear$
I Praise GOD for my TALENT$ and MOTIVATION!!

U R ONLY LIMITED BY UR IMAGINATION!! SO IMAGE...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2007 12:31:25 AM »

u did a great job. just try to make the waistband better next time.  also, instead of using the fabric intended for the project use some muslin or cheap fabric from a thirft store etc.. i find this assist in making the garment better instead of wasting beautiful expensive fabric.  just a thought!!*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Katrena'sGifts&Such

Enrolled Swap:
secondstar
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2007 10:09:48 PM »

u did a great job. just try to make the waistband better next time.  also, instead of using the fabric intended for the project use some muslin or cheap fabric from a thirft store etc.. i find this assist in making the garment better instead of wasting beautiful expensive fabric.  just a thought!!*

I normally don't just jump into it with my intended fabric, but since it was only $1 a yard and I have like, 5 yards of it, I wasn't really worried. And I fixed the waist band. I just got in a hurry and sewed it a little crooked it the first time. But I wore it today and it was fine. I know I was one of the most comfy people since it was close to 100F out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In a sleeping bag fajita
secondstar
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2007 10:22:36 PM »

Okay, Tenille, sorry this took me so long. I was gone out of town. But here's what I did...

1. $1 a yard fabric from wal mart

2.cut large square and follow steps for a basic circle skirt.. I left mine square because I liked the uneven edges. My square unfolded was roughly 60in x 60in

3. Cut, sew, and attach waistband

4. relax

5. (I forgot a picture of this part) Cut two rectangles large enough to fit around your upper body and sew them together. I kinda ruched mine as I went to hide my back fat...

6. Cut your arm holes where you'll want them. I used a tank top and measured out where and how large I wanted the space from the top of the tube.

7. Fold over top edges on either side of tube and hem. Make sure you leave space to run the ribbon or cord thru that you plan to use to tie the dress closed.

8. Insert ribbon, etc into newly sewed tubes/tracks along top and tie over one shoulder

9. Run around the yard like a little kid

This is the first time I've ever tried to explain myself. So let me know if anything is unclear.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

In a sleeping bag fajita
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Use Keywords in Lightroom 2
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 3
Portrait Retouching with Photoshop Elements - Sample Clip 2
Lightroom 2 Quick Tip
Tip for Lightroom 2
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...