A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,194
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ongoing Wish Swap-Round 24  (Read 15643 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DragonsMuse
« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2007 07:57:32 PM »

I claim Igobylorib for an embellished cuff and a handsewn pin cushion.

This is claim 1 of 2. 0 sent 0 received 0 in transit

I'm from New York City, USA.

About me: I am 24, a veterinary technician. I like almost all colors except for pink. Purple and black are two of my favorite colors. I enjoy stenciling, embroidery, jewelry making and learning new crafts. I'm currently learning how to knit.  Some themes I like are skulls, stars, cats, robots and ninjas and dragons of course. I guess you could say I am a closet goth. I don't dress the part but I am attracted to many "gothy" things. I also like anime, video games and Karaoke making me a huge dork.

my list:

-Something from my wists.www.wists.com/dragonsmuse (beware: over a 1000 things wisted and counting)

Kits:

-A calligraphy learning kit (Asian or English calligraphy, i like them both)

-A learn to needle felt kit

-Stamp making kit

-Candle making kit

Supplies:

-Fabrics with skulls or cats(nothing too cutesy and definitely not country)

-Interesting beads and charms (especially if they fall under anything I mention above)

-small molds for resin jewelry making

-stitch markers for knitting and crocheting

-tools for working polymer clay (I'm looking to make jewelry. I've got a book and can get the clay)

-rubber stamps in any theme above and any featuring ravens, crows, owls, hearts, etc.

Crafted:

-Laptop sleeve, should be well padded.

-a panta with ears (kitty or bear, please)

-mamegoma or nekono panya related stuff (san-x)

-hoodies with animal ears, or scales or whatever else animals have.

-Stenciled/silk screened/embroidered hoodies or shirts with any theme mentioned above.(please only WOMANS FITTED XL, no "adult" or mens shirts)

-awesome jewelry (bracelets, chokers, earrings, beads, shrinky dinks, paper, felt. It's all good as long as it isn't pink)(look to wists to see what styles I like)

-Amigurumi Red Panda

-Purses in any theme above. (wristlets and hobo's are my favorite kind)

-Messenger Bag for my friend. She ruined her last one and is now using an atrocious black one with a giant glob of glue on the flap. I hate that bag. If any of you lovely people can make a bag with any of the following themes she and I will love you forever. She likes  Bender(futurama), Coach McGirk(home movies), Kitties, skulls(not girly or cutesy skulls though), Bats, Zombies, and creature from the black lagoon. Her wist is www.wists.com/scumbag if you want to get a better sense of her style.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now. -John Lennon
Wists
Samsara
I solemnly swear that I am up to no good..

"I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar!"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #151 on: July 30, 2007 10:20:25 PM »

I claim DragonsMuse for some stitchmarkers and probably something else too!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Samsara

« Reply #152 on: July 30, 2007 10:26:01 PM »

Hi, Iím Samsara, Iím in the UK and I get three wishes.
2 claimed; 4 sent, 4 received

My Wish list
Ethical & Allergies - Iím a vegetarian, so no animal products please (wool's okay, but leather, fur, suede or gelatine aren't!) Iím also allergic to nickel, biological washing powder and artificial perfumes.

Jewellery
I would love a LOTR inspired Elven head-dress like the ones Arwen or Galadriel wear! (Okay, I can hope, canít I?) Or any sort of Elven inspired jewellery? (Iím allergic to Nickel though!)

A crystal/gemstone necklace! I love amethyst, rose quartz, turquoise, tigers eye, fluorite, garnetÖum, I pretty much love all crystal!

Fiber
My babies would love you forever if you made them a kitty pi!
http://theknittinggarden.com/gallery-march/mar-free-3.htm
If you knit it, I can felt it! I'm finding it hard to find feltable yarn!

A newsboy hat like this, in purple or black or green  Grin
http://www.wists.com/Samsara/4e9db88e8c45f83307253a2a44b5a43c?offset=20

A magic yarn ball with a fun project to do  Grin (Any yarn except acrylic Ė I have loads of that in my stash!)

A pair of flared knitted legwarmers in variegated yarn Ė purples maybe? (pm me for measurements)

Iíd love a Weasley sweater in purple with the initial G (for Ginny) on it  Cheesy

Sewn
A car litter bag like this but in different material (skully material would be cool, or black patterned, or purple)
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5454876
Thank you Frosty!

A jewellery roll with a ring keeper and plenty of pockets please!  Wink

A string of prayer flags or bunting with cool material, or images stencilled on (see below for favourite motifs) There're some good examples in my wists, but feel free to create your own. 

A kimono hoodie

A black wrap dress.

Long bloomers

A long hippy skirt!

Something for my belly-dancing Ė I have a sort of gothic costume that Iím working on at the moment (black and silver) Ė how about helping me?  Grin

Some washable cloth pads with wings and a fastener Ė there have been some really cute ones that people have made! (A travel purse with dirty/clean compartments would be excellent too, but not essential  Grin )

Household
Something for my garden? If it tinkles, twirls or makes a noise, that would be great! It would need to stand up to the English weather though! I have a sort of enchanted garden theme going on Ė mushrooms, fairies, wind chimes, wind-dancers and sun catchers Ė that sort of thing  Wink

Iíd love a piece of Celtic artwork in purple for my living room wall. I donít mind whether itís a wall hanging or a picture!
Thankyou preendpeterpan!  Grin

I'd love a Wizards Chess set a la Harry Potter (I have a board). I know it won't move like the real thing, but maybe in polymer clay, or something similar. Or maybe inspired by LOTR?

A cutlery wind chime

Fimo decorated cutlery (Two pairs would be great, one for me, one for the BF)

Supplies and kits
KIY Sock knitting kit, or a wire wrapping kit

Flexible moulds for polymer clay/resin, or some of that flexible polymer clay for making your own moulds, or mini cutters.  Grin

Stuff ready to spin! Iíve just learnt how to use a drop spindle and Iím addicted  Grin Thanks Velvet Rose

Beads (no plastic please) especially gemstone beads, amethyst, turquoise, rose quartz, anything like that!

New pinking shears. Mine belonged to my Mum and are older than me. Unfortunately theyíre getting a little blunt now.

Alternative craft books - there are some fab ones about at the moment! Any craft book in fact, I don't mind vintage or pre-loved!

Miscellaneous
Something for my yoga practice Ė surprise me! A bag, a strap or something else? I love these!
http://www.wists.com/Samsara/92f74e187e3ef41e24b8f66ffbe22b21?offset=20

Anything from/inspired by my wists http://www.wists.com/Samsara
Thanks to Laural and Banga for Wisty surprises!

About me
Iím 38, Iím an art teacher, and I live in the UK with my BF, 2 cats and a german shepherd dog. Iím basically a hippy-gothy chick, my favourite colours are purple, black, turquoise and emerald green, although any strong colours are also cool especially rainbows (I donít like pastels and I canít wear yellows, or yellow based browns or oranges as they really donít suit me!) I love batiks, appliquťs, Indian fabrics and tie dyes. I love tactile things, and things that are practical rather than decorative. Favourite themes are cats, dragons, peacocks, nature, trees, stars, Ohms, lotusí, tribal style designs, anything Celtic, Art-Nouveau or Zetti, sci-fi and fantasy books and films.

Iíve included my Wists, but donít feel obliged to produce exact copies, theyíre more a general guideline of what I like or would like!
Hereís some extra information about me if you want! http://samsarasswapinfo.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance for choosing me!!   

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007 11:17:01 PM by Samsara » THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

« Reply #153 on: July 31, 2007 06:08:33 PM »

Round 24 is coming to an end.  Lapoli and Dulcinea have graciously offered to organize round 25.  Thank you!!!!

Round 25:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=186855.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #154 on: July 31, 2007 06:26:49 PM »

and thank YOU and twiztidblood for a wonderful round 24!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
dragonflyducky
easily distracted

ooooooooh!

« Reply #155 on: July 31, 2007 07:10:53 PM »

Cheesy
I updated all the feedback for everyone who didn't claim in this round and for those of you whose packages were all received.

Please let me know if I missed you...and please keep sending me pm's when you receive!

Anyone have any picture they can post in the gallery?
I love to see what everyone gets (and it's nice for senders to get some feedback on their craftiness!)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dulcinea
If you haven't grown up by the time you're 30, you don't have to!

faciō, ergo sum

« Reply #156 on: July 31, 2007 07:14:28 PM »

I finally got decent pictures of my paintings by reenreen - well, the fairy one is a decent picture, the dragonfly is still problematic.....

so i'm hoping reen might have better ones?

LOL, can i send gentle nudges to the ladies who received from me, and never posted pictures? (not that i'm naming names................... yet!)
« Last Edit: July 31, 2007 07:15:24 PM by Dulcinea » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veni, Vidi, Velcro
I came, I saw, I stuck around

Taking a break from swaps to get some stuff under control.  Email if you need me.

Wists | Blog | Ravelry
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: July 31, 2007 07:44:15 PM »

thanks dragonflyducky, you were an excellent organiser!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
Banga
I'm made out of Laffy Taffy.

Back off man, I'm a scientist.

« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2007 08:45:54 PM »

Thanks dragonflyducky and twiztidblood! This is my favorite swap, and having great organizers makes it even better.
Thanks also to Dulcinea and Lapoli for stepping up to the plate for the next round!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Place an etsy order, enter CRAFTSTEROCKS & user name at checkout for free shipping!  Etsy! ~
Flickr ~Wist ~ Blog
Samsara

« Reply #159 on: July 31, 2007 11:05:36 PM »

Thanks for being fab organisers!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Un-sample an Image
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Change Resolution and Image Size
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - Scrolling and Panning
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Zoom an Image
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Organize Palettes and Saving Workspaces
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...