A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 296,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
686 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Come rides the Waves with me... tube tops rock!  (Read 2849 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

loisgriffinwannabe
The knitter formerly known as Cutieknittahfairy...

Happy!

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2007 11:45:00 AM »

Hi y'all!

I took a knitting hiatus where I got more in touch with myself and my knitting... I achieved zen... now I'm back.

No seriously, just went travelling to Mexico and Guatemala for five months and was too hot to knit!

Anyhoo...

I want to make Waves by Saunshine and who's with me? Yay free pattern!! (Scroll down the page its listed on the right hand side) I don't want to spend moola on new yarn, and I received some beautiful Patons Brilliant from a friend, so I am going to use that instead.

Patons Brilliant is lightweight and the yarn the pattern calls for, Rowan Calmer is dk/aran weight, so I am going to have to do some math, I will let you know how it goes along the way.

Whatever yarn you decide to use, remember to go down a needle size from the one recommended on the label, so you don't end up with a holey tube top!

Good knitting everyone!

Emmie  Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 11:50:30 AM by loisgriffinwannabe - Reason: Forgot to include links! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007 02:21:01 PM »

Emms! I thought you fell off the face of the earth! Welcome back!

I love all her designs, but after nursing two kiddos mama needs a bra, so I think I will have to sit this one out.

Amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007 04:45:46 PM »

For some reason, I can't get the pattern to show up for me... but there's a possibility that I'd be in!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007 08:13:27 PM »

Emms! I thought you fell off the face of the earth! Welcome back!

I love all her designs, but after nursing two kiddos mama needs a bra, so I think I will have to sit this one out.

Yay!!! I missed you too Amanda (Aka hot momma!) I will send you a pm with details of whats been up.

Btw, I have three words for you: Clear Bra Straps.

You are making this tube top... I am putting my foot down.

I lost thirty pounds on my trip that I am determined to keep off, and this tube top is part of the "Emmie rewards herself for exercising, walking everywhere and saying no to eating chocolate for no good reason, just while bored" program.

Lol.

This is my gauge swatch (yes I'm so lazy this is how much i swatch)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007 01:11:05 PM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

AWynkoop
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2007 10:11:08 PM »

oww, owww, I feel you twisting my arm! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would like to swap my knits (or amigurumi stuffies) for your handmade journal...pm me!

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.~Winston Churchill
80schick
Don't mess with the librarian

I love purple

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007 05:21:11 AM »

I am well up for this. I have 4 balls of Rowan Calmer in a bright pink shade and a teenage daughter who is rather disgruntled that I haven't made her anything recently.  I'm making ohmystars' razor tank at the moment, but as soon as I've finished I'm in! I had a look at the top and it is gorgeous. She'll love it. Kellybean, the pattern didn't show up for me either, so I put "waves Saunshine" into google and it led me straight to the pdf.

P x

P.S. I've just cast on for this one but I can't post a picture as I can't seem to get Craftster on my computer at the moment (I'm in the library). I think my PC is taking over and rationing my Craftster consumption (wouldn't blame it).
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 02:28:10 AM by 80schick » THIS ROCKS   Logged
loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007 08:25:28 AM »

I can't seem to get Craftster on my computer at the moment (I'm in the library). I think my PC is taking over and rationing my Craftster consumption (wouldn't blame it).

Mysteriously, the same thing has happened to this knitter in the past.... and drew the same conclusion... eerie... Shocked

THIS ROCKS   Logged

TreadmillKnitter
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007 12:57:42 PM »

I'm a little too big for this top right now...I have it printed and saved to knit when I finally lose this stubborn weight but, I wanted to say WELCOME BACK EMMS! WE MISSED YOU!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jenny

Ravelry:
http://www.ravelry.com/people/TreadmillKnitter

Blog:
http://treadmillknitter.blogspot.com/

Her face is a map of the world...and you can tell that she's a beautiful girl.
butterlite
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007 02:41:41 PM »

WOW EMMS! Glad to see you back around. wondered if you had fallen off the face of the earth. Wonderful to hear you just traveled it instead =) Makes me happy to have you back around!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2007 09:34:23 AM »

Thanks eveyone!

Man, I am struggling with this one... I'm using 2.5mm needles to knit the whole thing up, because of the Paton's brilliant, my gauge is waaaaaay small... and its taking forever! Waaah!!!

I'm seriously tempted to put this on hiatus, or try it with a thicker yarn, and since I am stash busting, that may mean wool... or acrylic, and much warmer than originally imagined my tube top to be.

I mean, its not for winter!

Sigh.

We'll just have to see I guess. I wish I could afford some new yarn. I have to be good right now... and its hard!  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2007 09:54:33 AM »

Here are some pictures of how far I've come...its sad y'all..

Sigh. Emms
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007 01:07:03 PM by loisgriffinwannabe » THIS ROCKS   Logged

loisgriffinwannabe

Happy!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2008 07:40:47 AM »

Hi all, sorry I lamed out on this one, I have a joint disorder and it seems like I can only knit when its hot or in the summer, otherwise I end up with hands that look like claws and hurt like hell.  Undecided

So anyhow, I'm going to see about crocheting, but possibly you may only see me in the summer...

BUT:

I'm looking into moving to either Australia or back to Mexico or Guatemala, or possibly Miami-

It depends on what I can afford or what connections I can make to start a life somewhere new. The dampness in Vancouver is just not conducive to my health!

I miss you all, thinking about blogging again, but we'll see.

Emms  Grin

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Author Susan Piver Discusses the Wisdom of a Broken Heart
Where Marcelo Gleiser Wants to Be In the World
The Story Behind Eternal On the Water
Sherrie Daly Talks About Teed Off
S.E. Cupp Reveals Her Favorite TV Show
Latest Blog Articles
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects
How to Make Summer Treats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...