A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,735
Currently Running With Scissors:
680 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: July 2007 Birthday Swap!! SIGNUP HAS ENDED!!  (Read 2867 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lemadrid
« on: July 01, 2007 11:16:07 AM »

PLEASE READ ALL RULES BEFORE YOU SEND YOUR INFO

NEW RULES: In order to comply with the new swap rules, ALL BIRTHDAY BABES WHO POST A BIRTHDAY WISH LIST MUST FULFILL A BIRTHDAY WISH OF AT LEAST ONE FELLOW BIRTHDAY BABE.  In other words, if you post a list and receive a gift, you must send at least one gift.  Non-birthday craftsters may still send "unconditionally".  Unconditionally in this swap means if someone fulfills one of your birthday wishes, you will send them a thank you note via snail mail.  PM's or thank you posts do not count as thank you notes.  Negative feedback will be given for those who post lists and receive, but never send.  Negative feedback will also be given to those who don't send a thank you note. Please read below for the exact details.  They are in BOLD.

DO NOT POST YOUR LIST UNTIL I SEND YOU A PM SAYING TO DO SO

Swap name: July 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap: c_lest_m
Craftster member who is co-organizing this swap: hoxierice

FOR POSTING BIRTHDAY LISTS Sign-up date range: 07/02/07-07/31/07
FOR CHOOSING A BIRTHDAY WISH TO FULFILL Sign-up date range: 07/02/07 - 07/31/07
DATE TO SEND ITEMS BY:  2 weeks after you claim someone unless other arrangements are made ahead of time

Limited to a certain number of people?: No.
Restricted to people who all live in the same country? No.
All ages allowed.

Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES

Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES

Details of swap:  This swap was organized so everyone can get something crafty for their birthday!  Please read the guidelines carefully.

* If your birthday is in July, then you can post your birthday wish list for this month. To do that, you must first PM me with the Swap questionnaire filled out.
    * Once you have been approved, you may post your list of things that you would want to receive.  The more you think of, the better.  Please try to have a good mix of items on your list.  The last wish you will post is "a surprise."  Then you will post a bio about yourself, including where you are from and what day your birthday is.
    * Please post lists only.  No discussion on this thread please.
    * Everyone will then go through the lists and choose a craftster they want to send a birthday gift to.  Your birthday does not have to be in July for you to craft for someone!  If you want to choose someone, just PM me with your info (including your address, please), who you want to craft for, what item, and I will send you their address.
    * When you choose to fulfill a birthday wish, you have 2 weeks to get the item out the door unless you communicate in advance that something will take a bit longer.  If two weeks pass, and I don't hear anything from youyou guessed it, negative feedback!
    * Each person can be chosen unlimited times!  HERE'S THE CATCH - when you get chosen, you must choose a fellow July baby to send a birthday wish to before  July 31, 2007.  You must also send the person who crafted for you a thank you note within 2 weeks of receiving.   Failure to do either of these things will result in NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.
    * It is super important for everyone to keep good communication
.  It is required that when you send, let me know, and of course, don't forget the DC#.  It is required that when you receive, let me know and publicly announce in the gallery (even if you don't have pictures).  Also, let me know when you send off or receive your thank you note (no DC# required, you're on your honor!).
    * You can choose to craft for as many people as you like, but you cannot "owe" more than 3 things.  If you are a newbie and this is your first swap, you must successfully send once before choosing again.
    * Please state at the beginning of your list where you are located.  Some people absolutely cannot send to people overseas for any number of reasons.  We need to respect this valid concern.
    *When one of your items is chosen, please cross it out so that it is easier for others to see what has been chosen.  It wouldn't hurt to thank the person at this time either.

If you have any more questions or suggestions, you can send me a PM with "July Birthday Swap " in the subject line.

If you want to SIGN UP TO POST YOUR (JULY) BIRTHDAY LIST:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- July 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
When is your birthday?
Have you read and understand all of the rules to this swap?

If you want to SEND TO A BIRTHDAY CRAFTSTER:
QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap- July 2007 Birthday Swap
Craftster username:
Email address:
Mailing address:
Who and what do you want to send to?

If you are already a July birthday babe, you do not need to send me this info below again.  Just send me who you want to craft for and what you will be crafting.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE, REMEMBER TO SEND YOUR INFO TO THE ORGANIZER VIA PM AND NOT TO REPLY WITH IT HERE.

Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

Gallery
« Last Edit: August 01, 2007 12:02:48 PM by c_lest_m » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemadrid
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007 11:36:40 AM »

The number in paranthesis after the birthday is the number of times that babe has been chosen.
green=picked once
blue=picked more than once
red=can't be picked again before partner has received
strikethrough=feedback left

Birthday Babes:

c_lest_m(2)
hoxierice(4)
ashestoashes(1)
pogmothoin(2)
Babybubba(1)
craftydeb
edel
misplacedhippie
EOcrafter
svanalyn
EowynUlysses
L
Avril222
meg2101

People who are crafting.
kayrun

Sendouts!
July 17
c_lest_m
hoxierice
kayrun

July 18
pogmothion
ashestoashes

July 22
craftydeb

July 27
Babybubb

July 28
edel
misplacedhippie 

August 2
svanalyn

August 3rd
Avril222

August 7
EOcrafter
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007 03:03:46 PM by c_lest_m » THIS ROCKS   Logged

lemadrid
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2007 10:26:21 AM »

My name is Celeste and I'm turning 18 on July 16!

Well I've decided that i really need a craft apron.

A Siddhartha pendant out of polymer clay or glass even would be really sweet.

Some really interseting 60's fabric. Maybe some mushroom fabric or something.

A really BIG purse with (again interesting fabric, I swa some neat day of the dead fabric that someone made into a bag)

I just love amgurimi animals, prefebly an octopus...

A knitted or crocheted tam...

Stuffies are fun! A little monster stuffie would be terribly adorable.

A Surprise!

Thats all i can think of for now....

A little bit about me. I just graduated from high school and a vocational school where i studies fashion design for 2 years. I'm off to study fashion design in collage. i love to make dresses, they make me feel all girly. i've been branching out a little and i love to challenge my self.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007 09:55:25 AM by c_lest_m » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hoxierice

Who knew tailoring was so much fun?

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007 02:29:48 PM »

Happy Birthday!My name is Rachel, I live in the US and am turning 27 on July 15th

Sewn/Modified/decorated

A needle roll, I just got one and I love it! But I need another one. Or some sort of roll/organization thing for related knitting stuff, stitch markers, cable needles, small scissors, yarn needles.

I sew, but still like to get things that are sewed! And I mostly make clothes, not purses/accessories

A sewn purse/bag with a shoulder handle. I saw one at Targetyeah I probably should have just bought it, but having one made is much nicer! What I like about it is the size 14x10 (or a little smaller would be fine) It is reversible, and has a zip pocket.

Skirt, wrap, circle, flared

A large canvas grocery tote

An embellished tee

Jewelry
I know absolutely nothing about jewelry, but I have seen a lot of fun stuff here and I would LOVE it! These are just some ideas

Resin bracelet or jewelry. Resin fascinates me. I like this with the addition of beads and tiny confetti, in a bracelet like this

Polymer clay jewelry, this seems incredibly hard to me  but a cuff  simpler would be fine with me.

Polymer clay cane beads

microslide or any other type of nifty pendant jewelry, again polymer clay, resin etc.

I have been looking on and off for years for a amber (or amber color) heart pendant about 1 tall, on a string or chain

Paper

A swap journal
Or a blank journal for a purpose like to use for craft ideas or notes on books I own/want/checked out from the library

Handmade/decorated notecards

If someone is EXTRA specially creative and could make me a cool portfolio to fit 17 by 14 portfolio pages  click to see pages. I would be super happy, send you the pages if you need them, and somehow repay you for time/shipping/thank you! The black leather portfolios are so boring and everyone has them!

Miscellany/Supplies

A business card holder. I would like a metal one, but something else would be fine.

Of course if you want to give me supplies I would love them.

I have started to make fabric covered headbands and I would like more fabric. I need 16 square on grain, if you have some fabric left over from projects. Stripes, polka dots, novelty prints, or an old (not ugly) tie!

I made a quilt block for catpants craftster quilt and thought it was a great idea. So I too am asking for 8 quilt blocks. I would love it if they were somehow craftster or crafts related or something related to where you live/what you do and if you can find a nice way to include your username/location great!

Old books you have for me to read/pass on through Book Crossing

A magnetic snap closure for a purse, I would go out and buy some, but I really only need one. So is someone has lots and wants to share.

I am starting to make cards to leave as I go about my daily life for other people to find. So I have never been much into paper crafts, but now I want paper, ephemera, decorative edge scissors, stampsif you have some you want to give away.

Fiber reactive dyes Acid dyes

Discharge paste for silk dharmatrading

Sodium Alginate Thickener Low viscosity, high solids for silk http://www.dharmatrading.com/html/eng/2008-AA.shtml]dharmatrading

A surprise! If you think I would like something cool, if you really love doing a specific project and need to off load them on someone cool.

Of course you can check my wists and swap info for inspiration, my profile also has links and info

Happy birthday! I always have a hard time with lists, I have always been the one who never wants anything. I turn 27 on July 15th! I live in the US, currently in Arizona, but I consider myself an Oregonian, that is to say I miss green things, trees and grass, rivers, the fresh smell of nature and yes rain and overcast skies! I am in the summer before my 3rd and final year of graduate school. I study theater, specifically costume technology, patterning and sewing, NOT designing. So of course I don't sew for myself! I also knit, can crochet and have started getting into different dyeing techniques That is it I guess. Happy Birthday all, I hope everyone gets some great birthday wishes!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007 05:00:21 PM by hoxierice » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Goodbye Tucson! I will miss how everything dried so quickly!
ashestoashes

you'd better not mess with major tom

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2007 12:14:13 PM »

Happy birthday to my fellow July babies! I'm Jennifer, and I'm turning 30  Shocked on July 24th. I live in western Massachusetts, in the US.

Here's a few things I've thought of that would be awesome to receive. I've listed some themes I like at the bottom of this post:

-bookmarks for my school books-anything with a medical/surgical/anatomy theme would be awesome, I'm a surgical tech student.

-tote/messenger bag-any size or shape, I'm trying to use more handmade bags for everything. A library tote bag in particular would be cool and get a lot of use.

-pillow covers or pillows for my bed/armchair

-small throw for the back of my armchair
--thanks pogmothoin!!

-necklaces or pendants, or earrings(sterling wires only, i'm allergic to the cheap wires)

-a necklace/jewelry hanger-I've seen some cool ones on here that look like screens, not sure how you would get necklaces on it though. I'll see if i can find a picture.

-stuffies! I'd love an amigurumi stuffie, I don't have any of that type yet

-Ravenclaw/Harry Potter stuff

-a simple decorated skirt or tee would be awesome. PM me for size info.

-I have three black cats, and the youngest one will be turning a year old on my birthday! His name is Pedro, he loves toy mice and other little toys, so something for him would be fun too Smiley

-stuff from my wist http://www.wists.com/ashestoashes/

-a surprise!

Some themes I like that you could use to craft anything above include dia de los muertos, black cats, cemeteries/angels, anatomy/human body, koi fish, phoenixes, frogs, black and white toile. I knit, sew, am learning to crochet, and I also love reading. I like simple colors and designs, and my room is olive green and black. My favorite colors are red, black, silver, purple, green. 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2007 11:01:13 AM by ashestoashes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists

I dig personal swaps.
Diana dOr
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007 11:05:53 PM »

My name is Diana d'Or, and on July 30th I'll be 23. I feel slightly awkward listing my desired gifts but I really felt the need to create for other July Birthday Craftsters. It's all about Craftster love. Cad mle filte! I currently live in Milwaukee, Wisconsin after growing up in Chicago- it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Birthday Wishes:

Crocheted Market Bag/Fabric Grocery Bag/Reusables

Shrinky Dink Introduction kit care of EOcrafter!

Sock Yarn

Cat Bed (knitted Pi/Condom bed/etc)

Pincushions

3 Ring Binder/Notebook Purse (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=30581.msg256685#msg256685)

The Hipslinger (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=31379.0)

Punch needle (Felt) kit

Assorted Scraps of yarn (for the Dr. Who Scarf my db is dying for)

Fabric scraps: a yard or so or Fat Quarters

A surprise

Hoestly I'm appreciative towards any craft you feel proud of and would like to contribute to the fact I have a birthday in July.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007 02:43:41 PM by pogmothoin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Knitting is a boon for those of us who are easily bored.  I take my knitting everywhere to take the edge off of moments that would otherwise drive me stark raving mad"
BabyBubba
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007 11:55:43 AM »

My name is Meghan and I'm turning 16 on July 7th.  I'm from Ontario, Canada.  I would love to receive any of the things on my list.

-a Voldemort shirt like this: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51587.0

-a Harry Potter shirt like this: http://www.wists.com/BabyBubba/76492d8be3aec759e9ba73d58db5681c?offset=40

-basically anything Harry Potter/Gryffindor (I'm really, really excited for the releases this summer and I'm trying to get my hands on as much Harry Potter stuff as I can manage)

-anything with a pirate theme

-a journal

-a simple patchwork blanket with funky fabric (it's a stretch, but I would love one)

-a messenger bag

-stuffies

-something from my wists, especially the Harry Potter stuff: http://www.wists.com/BabyBubba

-a surprise

Can you tell that I'm really Harry Potter obsessed right now?  A little bit about me...  Besides Harry Potter, I really like pirates, fairies and well too much to name.  I'm really into music, I play the flute and the piano and I'm learning to play the piccolo and the alto sax.  My favourite colour is purple, but I'm not picky, except when it comes to neon (yuck!).  Thanks in advance.  Happy birthday everyone!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live"
        -Albus Dumbledore
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2007 02:40:40 PM »

Happy birthday to me.. happy birthday to me...!
Hi! I'm Deb - I am in Huntsville AL and my birthday is July 22.. and I am turning 39...

I have two boys, a toy poodle, a husband.  I love to garden, I crochet, machine knit, machine embroider.  I avoid pinks and pastels and neons like the plague.  I love my pond - and I have 3 koi in it that are growing far too fast for their own good - update on the koi - I now have a kazillion and 3 fish - I am a grandmother.  My koi had oodles of babies...good thing for freecycle.. I am going to be giving them away here in another few weeks!
I do like earthy colors, reds, purples, greens, blacks etc.  I am pretty down to earth and easy to please.  I am highly allergic to wool... and cats - but as long as you don't use wool or have your cat roll around on something, I should be good to go.  My eyes well up just walking through yarn and fabric stores if I pass wool in the aisles. Dang fibers just hang in the air, don't they?

diy kits:
wallet making
mold making for resin stuff
quilting that bias way -
landscape quilting

Crafted....or not...things:

***overnight bag(s) for my boy(s) - I really like this design a lot but am open to suggestions.  I don't have the time to make them.  Cry
***A landscape quilt**** long and skinny - your choice of landscape - mountains, ocean, pond, just flowers whatever - I would love one that is long not tall to go over my shelves in my living room - pm me for wishful sizes and a pic of where I would love to hang it!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=42927.0
***a dog bed - like this... I tried and failed.  There are other dog beds on my wists as well - he likes nesty types made out of washable "feel appeal" fabric the best!
http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa010606.htm
***A knitter's tote bag I love the one I got a few rounds ago and would looove another one - doesn't have to have interior pockets to make it easier. This bag is the absolute best!!!
http://www.tostetoes.com/knitting_tote_bag.htm
Biiiig Wish:
****Yarn pursekette - big enough to hold 6-8 skeins of Caron Simply Soft 6oz skeins ..  I know, it is a weird request but I really would loooove this!  I do a lot of color changes and my yarn is always falling off the back of the couch and it would be awesome for a charted creations... so like a regular pursekette organizer thingy but to hold yarn.

Of course ...Wists... are always up for grabs!
www.wists.com/craftydeb

****fabric Organza -I want to embroider on it.  I am not picky on colors or sizes - I can go as small as 12" pieces too. Pirates, dinosaurs or super heroes enough to make a big bag for Collin - not too kiddy  Space for Logan. I am going to make him a bag as well.
****stained glass *****- I have an amazing butterfly already - so anything but a butterfly.  These will be hung in my craft room window.
****a wall quilt***  If you know of one that is screaming to be hung in my house, by all means send it my way!
****yard art*** crafted or not.  Yeah, I am pretty tacky.  No flags though or kissing dutch kids or fat ladies bending over.  Having said that I do love gnomes unless they are some sort of weird pastel color.  If it hangs, twirls, twinkles, or sits on the ground or hangs on the fence, I would love it.
***beach towels for the boys****maybe jazzed up with applique or something?  I have one hooded dino towel that is cool - maybe a second one for Logan?  Themes - dinosaurs, space, dragons - boys through and through!
***a kit to make something*** How open ended is that?  Seriously.  I love to make stuff - if you do something really well and would like to teach me how to make something, I will be tickled!  Surprise me!

Not so crafted - do you hit garage sales or thrift stores or belong to your local Freecycle group(www.freecycle.org)?
Action figures - super heros/villians, big army men (as opposed to the small green or tan guys that are like 3" tall), pirates - boy dolls I guess you could say!
Bond knitting machine (incredible/ultimate weater or classic Bond) massive bonus points if you find a bond ribber!  This is the biggest item on my hard to find list - the ribber that is!
fabric - all but wool. I loooove to sew! 
book - Omiyage by Kumiko Sudo - used is great - save a tree!
Other sewing books with cool projects in it for around the house but not clothing.  I don't do clothes.

***Know of something that is just screaming me?  Some of you know me pretty well - and know if it isn't on my list and you know it is just me - go for it.  I looove surprises!

***a surprise**** I love surprises!

Have mercy on my list!

« Last Edit: July 08, 2007 03:41:56 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2007 10:51:49 AM »

hi ya I am Edel and I live in Ireland, I am turning 40 on the 29 July, one of the big birthdays, to celebrate I am throwing myself a party, (any excuse to party, but 40 is a big one)

what I would like? well anything from my wists, www.wists.com/edel

I love jewellery, silver rather than gold colour, glass beads, slide pendants, or jewellery findings,

I love fantasy artwork, so maybe a painting. this style is fab http://puimun.deviantart.com/store/

I love soap, lotions and all sorts of nice smellies.

books, journals, becuase I am a total bookworm (my profile has details of the types of books I like)

I love purses, but not puffy gathered ones or clutches,  but regular totes, messenger bags etc, with shoulder straps, unless its a smaller bag with regular handles. In unusual prints.

T-shirts with slogans or designs, (I'm about a US size 18)
Where Are We Going? Why Am I in This Handbasket?"
I've Been on So Many Blind Dates That I Should Get a Free Dog"
 Didn't Climb to the Top of the Food Chain to Be a Vegetarian"
I'm Dressed and Out of Bed What More Do You Want?"
You're Just Jealous Because the Little Voices Are Talking to Me ,

Any of those!

funky hats (I have a big head tho and lots and lots of hair!)

I love fur, feathers, leather, so anything made of these would be good.

I am a total fabric obsessive, we just cant get funky unusual prints here the kinds of themes I like are skeletons, tattoos, pin-up girls, retro psychadelic sixties, old fashioned roses, geisha, koi, I love strong colours, So even just fabrics would be great,

I dont particularly like stuffies and anamaguri. I dont like plaid or flourescent colours,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

misplacedhippie
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2007 04:47:08 PM »

I will be 25 on July 18th. 

My wish list:

Pez Machines - not from the US, I have most of those.  I am an avid Pez collector and this would be amazing.

Post Cards.  Really Cool ones.  Just drop them in the mail.

Crochet/knit/sewn grocery bags.  I actually do take them to the grocery store with me.

A wine glass, I love wine but have no proper glasses.  Etched would be great, but plain would be great too!

A kit to learn a new craft!  I really want to learn to spin, but dont have access to sheep, or anything that produces a spinable fibre... unless boyfriend counts Smiley

Something inspired by my wists. http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

A Surprise!

Bit about me:

I am in grad school working in Herpetology the study of Reptiles and Amphibians.  My thesis work is in Salamanders, which I love.  I also enjoy Dragons, Transformers, Marvel Super Heroes, and Rainbow Brite (old 80s Cartoon).   I knit and sew avidly.  I am learning to read crochet patterns, I can crochet some.  I can also glue.  I would love to learn to work with glass.  I live with a boyfriend, and a puppy named Hawkeye! (he is a medium sized mutt).
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007 09:34:31 AM by misplacedhippie » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Take Cute Baby Pictures
How to Take a Family Portrait
Time-Lapse of Total Solar Eclipse in North Queensland
How to Get Started with the Canon PowerShot SD940 IS
The New Zealand Night Sky Over Lake Tekapo (4 Minutes)
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...