A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
709 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Coachella from knitty.com  (Read 10575 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

emsya
« on: July 01, 2007 10:31:12 AM »

Anybody started to knit this? I am knitting it right now and I have just reached the bust shaping part...I'm not sure if it's better to skip it or not...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

leppardess

my cats walk all over me...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2007 01:29:37 PM »

I just got started on this today (after a few false starts   Roll Eyes )

I'm going to try this one without the optional shaping, just to see how it fits me. I love this pattern so much that if I manage to get through it okay, I'll likely make a few more in different colors  Cheesy

Oh, I'm using Caron Simply Soft in Country Blue...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Amarillys
Will knit for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2007 04:08:28 PM »

It's on my to-do list but I have a few more projects I want to make first. I'll be watching this thread though.

~Caroline~
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Singlemom
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2007 04:12:45 PM »

I've just finished knitting this yesterday. As soon as I weave in the ends and put it through a good washing, I'll post some pics.

I can tell you a little bit about my experience with it. I knit it in Lion Brand Microspun in white, following directions for size L. The pattern was pretty easy to follow, but I did have a few issues with it.

Even though I have DD bazoombs, I only did one set of short rows. I still have plenty of room. My biggest complaint with it is that the drape appears to hang too low in the middle. I'm hoping that a run through the washer might help it a bit. Otherwise, I'll have to wear it with a shirt underneath. It defeats the purpose of creating a "cool" summer tank, but it's still pretty.

If i had to do it over again, I would start with a smaller circumference at the top, then add increases at the back neck to achieve the drape needed. (it also wouldn't look quite so much like the X-rated boobless tube top that my boyfriend has it envisioned as) (*sigh*)

THIS ROCKS   Logged
subliminalpolka
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007 07:36:42 AM »

I just finished the shaping on this and am knitting the last [seemingly endless] rows of stockinette.  Put everything on scrap yarn for a quick fitting last night and all seems in order.  Will post pictures of the final product in another day or two. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

subliminalpolka
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2007 07:38:37 AM »

Oh, and I skipped the optional cup-shaping part, as it was recommended for gals with C and D sized boobies.  I run about a 36B and the fit was fine, without the optional short-rows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emsya
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2007 07:39:08 AM »

It took 2 days for me to knit it. The drape hangs too low in the middle; that's why I am wearing it over a white tank. I knit the S-size without the bust shaping. I used 150 gr (1,5 skeins) of Anchor Truva (20% wool, 80% polyacrylic) (Turkish yarn)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2007 08:32:58 AM by emsya » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bron
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2007 08:23:30 AM »

That's super cool and I think it looks nice with a tank top underneath! 2days you say? wow...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
april_cocaine
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2007 10:17:02 AM »

I didn't even join the Kal, even though I meant to. I've finished mine, I'll post pictures later!

Emsya, I love yours, it looks fab with a white tank underneath.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emsya
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2007 11:25:53 AM »

I didn't even join the Kal, even though I meant to. I've finished mine, I'll post pictures later!
april_cocaine, I can't wait to see you pics!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Norman Mailer’s “Double Life” as a Writer
Terra McVoy: What Are You Reading?
Mary Louise Kelly: What Are You Reading?
California Sensibility: What Is California Literature?
Writer Alex Witchel On Loss In "All Gone"
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...