A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,058
Currently Running With Scissors:
579 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: urgent: how do I hang photos without frames?  (Read 427 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

antigone
« on: July 01, 2007 07:21:23 AM »

My first photo exhibition will be opening on Tuesday. The venue decided to buy mats but not frames for my photos. I'm sitting here with all my matted photos which I need to hang tomorrow evening, and the idea is I should use three small nails to hang each photo - two for the photo to "stand" on and one curved at the top to keep it in place.

Is there any other way of hanging matted photos without frames? Preferably one with less nails. To my mind it would make sense with a small hook like an "A" connected to a photo-safe heavy sticker of some kind. Don't know if that exists.

The photos will hang on solid / hard screens.

I live in Sweden, so I won't necessarily have access to what you suggest, but if someone could point me in a better direction I'd appreciate it. Smiley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 07:22:31 AM by antigone » THIS ROCKS   Logged

locamama
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007 01:03:28 PM »

Congratulations on your exhibition.  That is so exciting.  The only thing I can think of are the little metal clips that you could clip to the top of the matte and then attach the clips to the wall.  You could find them at an office supply store.  They would be visible and I don't know if that would take too much away from your photographs.  Did the venue have any suggestions?  I hope you figure something fabulous out.

I actually went to the Staples website to find a photo of what I was talking about and found these square magnet clips. 

http://www.staples.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StaplesProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10001&prodCatType=0&catalogId=10051&productId=140732&cmArea=SC1:CG821:CL10100

I am new here and don't know how to add a photo or a link so you may have to just copy and paste the web addy above.  I think they might work.  You might also try cubicle hooks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jillie
Crazy Craft Lady

Life is good.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2007 01:29:52 PM »

We used to use the 3-nails method at the space where I hung things.  If you don't want to make such big holes in the walls, you can also use thumb tacks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.lost.eu/1871f  This is an invitation!

Tetris, pretty colors, and (of course) lots of knitting!
Check out my new blog at:
http://saltwaterpurls.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon-Wrapped Jalapeno-Stuffed Hot Dogs Recipe
Enjoy a Fried Chicken Dinner at Oyster Palace in Washington, DC
How to Make Bacon and Maple Baked Beans
Healthy Chia and Buckwheat Cereal
How to Grill the Perfect Burger with Chef Jamie Purviance
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Decoupaged Table Top
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...