A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,532
Currently Running With Scissors:
425 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Need Help ++NEver Mind, I figured it out++  (Read 289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« on: June 30, 2007 09:05:28 PM »

*****I figured it out******

Once I just did what I thought should be done, intuitively, and ignored the stupid picture that was messing me up, I got it![/font][/font]

Sooooo, I am almost done with this really cute purse, Butterick 4088 view b and I can't figure out how to attach the top piece with the button on it to the base of the purse. The pictures are confusing and so is what it says. I remember now (after not sewing for several years) why I hate Butterick.

If anybody has made this purse, or would just have a good way to do this, please let me know! 

In this link, it is the black/white purse with the black top and strap. That is the part I am stuck on, connecting the bottom to the upper section.

The upper section I have sewn together and topstiched, one side has interfacing on the wrong side and magnetic buttons on the other side...obviously when it's all done the buttons need to be on the inside of the purse. The opposite (outer? piece) has the 1/2 inch lower edge folded/basted under.  I need to connect it to my lined bag bottom, but the various ways I am trying their is a raw seam showing on the outside!

The part I am stuck on says "Pin upper section to front and back, matching seams. Stich, keeping facing free. Press seam toward upper section.. Baste pressed edge of facing over seam."

The whole "right sides together" rule gets fuzzy/confusing here, since the lining is technically a right side, and both sides of the facing are right sides, so I'm not sure!

I'll pretty much love you forever if you can help...and of course I can't post pics since it's for a swap.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007 10:29:37 PM by maremare312 - Reason: No longer need help » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Hand and Rod Puppets
How to Make a Monster Puppet Body
How to Make Monster Puppet Eyebrows
How to Make Monster Puppet Eyes
How to Make a Monster Puppet Head
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...