A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cat Fur  (Read 6297 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

tofucheesecake
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004 04:29:57 PM »

Where do you get cat hair yarn, aside from making it yourself?

I don't know if burning cat hair smells...personally, I don't think burnt human hair smells too bad...plus, cats are very clean animals.  However...wet cat hair...hm...Seeing how cats don't like to be wet, it would make sense if it stank. (They don't like to be wet *because* they will stink...if they are very clean, maybe they don't like to stink?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004 06:20:25 PM »

My daughter has a hairball from our beloved cat GIR who has been missing for years. She keeps it in a little wooden box like a relic...maybe she'll hook up with that kid with the Altoid box someday (she's reading over mys shoulder and having a fit >: )
What you could do with yours...? What about carding it? O r you could glue the different colored furs like to a board and make a mosaic, or get some very tiny knitting needles...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
recyclednew
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2004 11:17:32 AM »

My daughter has a hairball from our beloved cat GIR who has been missing for years. She keeps it in a little wooden box like a relic...maybe she'll hook up with that kid with the Altoid box someday (she's reading over mys shoulder and having a fit >: )
What you could do with yours...? What about carding it? O r you could glue the different colored furs like to a board and make a mosaic, or get some very tiny knitting needles...
I think that's sweet! I have hairs from all my dogs, who have all passed on...the last one on my bday 3 yrs ago!  Cry  But I don't take them in public and try to freak everyone out! They are still at my sisters house as well! I thought that she took it harder than me when they all passed on, but she got a puppy last year, and I still can't even handle the thought of getting another dog! They all think I hate Rascle (the puppy), but I don't! It just makes me sad every time I see him because he looks like a combination of the other 3 we had!  Cry  I'm going to stick with my cats for a while...maybe someday I'll be okay with having dogs again, but they will never be the same!  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

art is a drug in which i cannot live without!
midnightsky1686
Midnightsky Fibers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2004 02:35:24 PM »

cat fur does smell when it burns btw (my cat causght her tail on fire a couplemnths ago O>o
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midnightsky Fibers
Naturally Dyed Textiles
Blog
Yarns and Fibers Handmade in the Pacific NW
libra

He's so in touch with his innerfish.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2004 02:54:53 AM »

aawww, recyclednew, your pup passing away on yoru birthday made me want to cry.  My grandmother died a couple of years ago and when we got home from the hospital, our old sheep dog had died while we were gone.

What a crappy day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
recyclednew
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2004 08:01:51 AM »

aawww, recyclednew, your pup passing away on yoru birthday made me want to cry.  My grandmother died a couple of years ago and when we got home from the hospital, our old sheep dog had died while we were gone.

What a crappy day.
Cry that's so sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redthewitch75
You are Here.

"If love is a labour, I'll slave til the end!"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2004 10:23:25 AM »

Thanks for a much needed laugh before I head off to work! There is a kid that goes to our school here in town that thinks he is a dinosaur. He's like 17. He could be friends with the Altoids kid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love you more than cheese!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10173989@N00/
recyclednew
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2004 11:40:55 AM »

Thanks for a much needed laugh before I head off to work! There is a kid that goes to our school here in town that thinks he is a dinosaur. He's like 17. He could be friends with the Altoids kid.
when I was in high school, there was a kid who truely believed he was one of the beatles...but then I was pretty messed up in those days too...I dressed like the crow every day! (anybody remember that movie?) I guess all of us are a little strange in our own right...it just doesn't seem strange to ourselves when we believe we are a dinosaur, the living dead, the reincarnation of a famous person, or evan just a typical artist! How much art suplies do you have???  See...we're all a little crazy...even if our crazyness/strangeness is that we have 100 lbs of feathers or a 1000 balls of yarn, or even bags of cat fur! It's only strange if it is precieved as strange by the individual in question! True, some people may make us a little weary, but we can't see things from other's prespectives...inle ss you have superhuman powers...
 Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tickle_me_ally
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2004 07:28:42 AM »

Heh, an excellent point.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Uh, actually I think opium is the opium of the people, but that's just me..."
cmtigger
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2004 11:45:10 PM »

See...we're all a little crazy...even if our crazyness/strangeness is that we have 100 lbs of feathers or a 1000 balls of yarn, or even bags of cat fur! It's only strange if it is precieved as strange by the individual in question!

Uh, I have the bags of cat fur-  well just one little baggie-  but I have bags of dog fur, mohair (longhaired goat hair), texel guinea pig hair, and wool.....  Lots of it, but I have a spinning wheel too...

You might also try needle felting it.  But be careful, those needles are SHARP.  I needle felted some wool around catnip and my kitten loved it.  The other two cats think that they are above it, but if I sprinkle some plain catnip on the floor, they are rolling in it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Light Painting and Starlight Photography
The Retouching
Retouching the Background in Photoshop
Processing the Raw File
Post Production of a Landscape Photograph
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...