I couldn't find a larger piece of fuzzy faux fur fabric for a full size monster book o' monsters. This is from the bottom of my mom's coat that was too long. And the Verizon manual is the only book small enough to be covered!
Instructions: (use a hot glue gun for all gluing)
1. Cut your book to desired dimensions.
2. Cut 2 pieces of fabric about 1/4 inch longer than your book face (the side with the binding) Cut a piece of ribbon wide and long enough to cover the spine. Cut out a red tongue.
3. Draw a nice pair of disgusting teeth and gums. Make tabs on the top and bottom for gluing and the sides rounded.
4. Glue the tongue and teeth like so. Bend the gums toward each other.
5. Glue the ribbon to the spine. Glue the 2 pieces of fuzzy fabric on the top and bottom on top of the ribbon.
6. Make 4 eyeballs out of polymer clay. Or use googly eyeballs. Hot glue those on top of the fuzz. I made a pair of large and a pair of smaller eyes.
7. Bend the teeth so they jut out at weird angles.
8. This fabric was too fuzzy to embroider
;, But if you could, embroider 'Monster Book of Monsters' on the cover.