A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
549 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Sweat shoppe swap Round 10! (SSS 10) CLOSED!  (Read 43680 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« on: June 29, 2007 12:30:52 PM »

Yes, this is getting to be an addiciton! Come join us, don't be shy!
In a nut shell the sweat shoppe swap is a grab bag style swap. Everyone crafts 5 like items, and in return you will receive 5 different items. Here are the details;

Swap name:Sweat Shoppe Swap Round 10 (SSS 10)
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:javastain, GatorWrangler, and LuxieLou
Sign-up date range:Now to July 11th
Date to send item by:Aug 4th

Limited to a certain number of people? (optional):NO

Restricted to people who all live in the same country?NO

All ages allowed? yes

This next part is for me and the Mods...
Swap Organizer himself/herself meets these conditions:
- Has fully read the Swap Info Guide: YES
- Has successfully completed two swaps as a participant: YES
- Is not organizing more than three swaps right now: YES
- Will recruit a co-organizer or give all details to a Swap Moderator if this swap has more than 25 participants: YES
Swap Organizer will check each participant to make sure they meet these conditions:
- Has been a member for at least one month: YES/NO
- Has posted at least 15 times: YES/NO
- Has completed one swap successfully before signing up for multiple swaps at a time: YES/NO
- Is not currently signed up for more than five swaps: YES/NO
- Does not have any negative feedback: YES/NO

Details of swap:
~Each participant will make 5 like items. For instance, 5 crocheted cloche hats (varied colors or the same it doesn't matter), or 5 sets of hand painted beads.
~Each item/set should be the best representation of your work, and have an estimated retail value of between $7-$10 USD. If you have any doubt, post your item in the business discussion board and see what others there think. Or you may post in the sweat shoppe discussion thread http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=84367.0 ,
~ When sign ups close, I will ask everyone for a 'top picks list'. That list is a wish list, from the items that are offered, and there will be an effort to match to you, as many items on your list, the remainder of items will be randomly placed. The top picks list is due July 13th.
~We have a system for sending early; the master list of swappers will be color coded for those who are ready to receive items. When you are finished crafting, you will PM me, and I will change the color of your name on the master list to green, at that time you may send to any other green/ready person! I will also send out a check in PM for those who are not finished early, and at that time your status will be determined.
~ No DCN's are required, however, if a package fails to arrive, you will be required to send another, unless you save your receipt from the PO, and in that instance I will get an angel.
~ Feedback will be given when all 5 items are confirmed as received.
~ Positive feedback will be given for all people complying with the craftster swap guidelines. Late senders will be recorded in the comments section, as will poor communication. If I have to track you down, for confirming you have received or sent items, this is poor communication. When an item arrives at your door, you are expected to PM the sender of an item as well as GatorWrangler, and post in the gallery.
~ there are a lot of veteran sweat shoppers here, if you have any questions please feel free to ask your questions here OR you can PM me!
~ You may put your 'name in the hat' once (for 5 items) or twice (for 10 items)

If you want to participate, information to send to organizer (javastain):
Please note: this is an international swap. You may be partnered to send to people out of country.

QUESTIONNAIRE *deleted to make more room!*

IMPORTANT NAMES TO REMEMBER!

co-organizers;
javastain~ feedback and general HR
GatorWrangler~ received items
LuxieLou~ sent items

TOP PICKS:
1) Please chose your top 5 (or 10 if you are in the hat twice)
2) list the crafter as well as the crafty item (try to use the names they have given their items, it helps me a lot!)
3) you may add a few extra's, at the end of the list, of items that you wouldn't mind having (if I can't match you with all of your top picks it may help!)
4) You may also list a few things that you can't make good use of (I have used these types of items as "extra's" in other swap packages giving credit to the sweat shop and original crafter OR as gifts for family! Business cards are great for this! Don't forget to add them to your packages if you have them!!!)
6)Don't send me your specific requests from the crafter (Like color or size) that goes to the crafter!
7) when the final match-up list is posted you will send your address and preferences to the crafter!

PARTICIPANTS... ITEM(S) ... SWEAT SHOP NAME:
javastain... set of 2 crochet tampons OR Tampon cozie... javastain.etsy.com
LuxieLou X2... Daisy Do Resin Pendants & Customizable massage soaps... luxielou.etsy.com
GatorWrangler X2 ... set of photo greeting cards
kishcrafts ... polymer clay goodies... kishcrafts.etsy.com
igobyloribX2... monkey pin cushions & bracelets
...The Creative Soul
brideOFknittersteinX2 ... hand milled soaps & hand knit bath sets
hertrigger X2 ... (matchbook scrapbooks)?... thepromoshop.etsy.com
sewknitter X2 ....tatted beaded bookmarks & note cards/postcards
shiitake.... lined and zippered retro pouches with handmade paper notepad inside... http://andyeatsonlycandy.etsy.com
skitterflex X2...  origami crane earrings & mini knit cupcakes ... duckfoot.etsy.com
riario X2 .... set of one vintage ring and one glass ring & placemat purse
serialdeviant X2 ...  Chaos Chokers ... http://www.twistedsockster.com/
Homerof2 ...Bags sewn by Cindy ...
novastarlet ... silk screened canvas tote bags
saor .... metal book marks ... www.sperenza.etsy.com
mini ......Criss Cross Coasters (set of 4 fabric coasters).
dragonslair X2... sassy cross stitch 5X7 mounted & keep it cool water bottle cozie ...
atsuko ... lego necklace and ring set .... www.underthemountain.etsy.com
honorablementionX2 ... old school patch wallets w/ vintage fabric clutches (set)
SafetyPin .... cosmetic bags
ktlady ....Touch of Glass Necklaces....http://katydidcreations.blogspot.com/
funthreads ....happy hippos
varandra ...felt/fabric wallets 
astarael ....Handmade Greeting/Notecard set
nosusanfx X2... felt birdie broaches (2 each) & sugar skull magnets (2 each)
cyndiq X2 ... happy hooker crochet travel pouches & summer franjipanni earing and necklace jewellery set ... www.cyndiqcreations.etsy.com
pikabean ....initial stamps ... http://natchbox.blogspot.com/
EOcrafter X2 ... felted fruit earrings and pendant set
sewinglori X2 .... Holiday Hanging Pillows
Penguino ... felt bead bracelet
nikkidear ... set of 4 crochet stitch markers
kayrun ... knit cloth trio
mlsocci74 X2 ... chocolate milk bath & personalized stationary ... http://mlsocci74.etsy.com/
TAOJ ... textured cotton bath set
glittergirl94 ...'shroom from crochet me
maremare312 X2 ...skin and lip travel moisture & fishy soap and lip palette
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007 10:28:49 AM by javastain » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007 12:33:27 PM »

Green= Sent

Javastain - Tampon or tampon cozie - luxielou, hertrigger, honorablemention, safetypin, maremare312, kayrun
LuxieLou - Daisy do pendants - javastain, igobylorib, sewknitter, serialdeviant, homerof2
Luxielou - Customizable massage soap - riario, honorablemention, cydiq, pikabean, kayrun
Gatorwrangler - Photogreeting cards - kishcrafts, brideofkniterstein, shiitake, hertrigger, sewknitter, serialdeviant, nosusanfx, eocrafter, mlsocci74, luxielou riario
Kishcrafts - Polymer clay goodies - gatorwrangler, serialdeviant, novastarlet, funthreads, eocrafter
Igobylorib - Monkey pincushions - luxielou, serialdeviant, nosusanfx, eocrafter, penguino
Igobylorib - Bracelets - mini, cyndiq, eocrafter, maremare312, sewknitter
Brideofkniterstein - Handmilled soaps - sewknitter, serialdeviant, atsuko, honorablemention, mlsocci74
Brideofkniterstein - Handknit bath sets - luxielou, gatorwrangler, ktlady, varandra, dragonslair
Squir_L - Clay jewelry with butterfly transfers - javastain, shiitake, skitterflex, mini, eocrafter out of swap
Hertrigger - Matchbook scrapbooks - gatorwrangler, brideofkniterstein, mini, riario, novastarlet, nikkidear, kayrun, mlsocci74, ktlady, nosusanfx
Sewknitter - Tatted beaded bookmarks - brideofknitterstein, skitterflex, dragonslair, honorablemention, safetypin
Sewknitter - notecards/postcards - hertrigger,riario, serialdeviant, funthreads, astarael nosusanfx
Shiitake - lined and zippered retro pouches with handmade paper notepad inside - skitterflex, atsuko, varandra, nosusanfx, nikkidear
Skitterflex - Oragami crane earrings - honorablemention, safetypin, varandra, eocrafter, sewinglori

Skitterflex - Mini knit cupcakes - homerof2, dragonslair, atsuko, nosusanfx, javastain
Riario - set of one vintage ring and one glass ring - skitterflex, serialdeviant, dragonslair, eocrafter, brideofkniterstein
Riario - placemat purse - serialdeviant, cyndiq, skitterflex, hertrigger, honorablemention gatorwrangler[/color]Serialdeviant - Chaos chokers - riario, novastarlet, nosusanfx, cyndiq, sewinglori, mlsocci74, igobylorib, brideofkniterstein, skitterflex, hertrigger [[/s]
mini
Homerof2 - bags by Cindy - cyndiq, kishcrafts, igobylorib, riario, kayrun
Novastarlet - Silk screen tote bags - sewinglori, penguino, glittergirl 94, riario, shiitake
Saor - Metal bookmarks - Riario, serialdeviant, ktlady, funthreads, mini
Mini - Criss cross coasters - saor, honorablemention, varandra, nosusanfx, gatorwrangler
Dragonslair - Sassy cross stitch - safetypin, funthreads, mlsocci74, glittergirl94, maremare312
Dragonslair - waterbottle cozie - serialdeviant, honorablemention, cyndiq, eocrafter, sewknitter
Atsuko - lego necklace and ring set - soar, sewinglori, igobylorib, shiitake, pikabean
Honorablemention - old school patch wallets w/ vintage fabric clutches (set) - riario, mini, dragonslair, astaral, nosusanfx maremare312, gatorwrangler, igobylorib, novastarlet, Taoj
Safetypin - Cosmetic bags - gatorwrangler, igobylorib, skitterflex, sewinglori, maremare312
Ktlady - touch of glass necklaces - brideofkniterstein, kayrun, nikkidear, sewknitter, dragonslair 
Funthreads -Happy Hippo - luxielou, kishcrafts, shiitake, nikkidear, dragonslair

Varandra - felt/fabric wallets - gatorwrangler, igobylorib, shiitake, kayrun, Taoj
Astarael - Handmade greeting/notecard set - atsuko, ktlady, cyndiq, mlsocci74, maremare312
Nosusanfx - Birdie broaches - igobylorib, sewknitter, honorablemention, pikabean, sewinglori
Nosusanfx - Sugar skull magnets - luxielou, novastarlet, cyndiq, saor, mini
Cyndiq - Happy hooker crochet travel pouches - honorablemention, mlsocci74, skitterflex, nikkidear, Taoj
Cyndiq - Summer franjipanni earing and necklace jewellery set - brideofknitterstein, hertrigger, varandra, riario, penguino ktladyPikabean - Initial stamps - javastain, GatorWrangler, igobylorib, funthreads sewinglori
EOcrafter - felted fruit earrings and pendant set - javastain, brideofknittersteinsewknitter, dragonslair, pikabean, mlsocci74, sewinglori, astarael, cyndiqSewinglori - Holiday Hanging pillows - luxieLou, kishcrafts, brideofknitterstein, javastain, hertrigger, dragonslair, mlsocci74maremare312, penguino, astaral novastarlet
Penguino - Felt bead bracelet - hertrigger, ktlady, astaral, riario, eocrafter nikkidear
Nikkidear - Set of 4 crochet stitch markers - brideofknitterstein, skitterflex, glittergirl94 maremare312, taoj
Kayrun - Knit cloth trio -  gatorWrangler, homerof2, sewknitter, sewinglori, maremare312
Mlsocci74 - Chocolate milk bath - gatorWrangler, hertrigger, skitterflex,nosusanfx, soar
Mlsocci74 - Personalized stationary sets - luxieLou, skitterflex cyndiq, glittergirl94, maremare312
TAOJ - Textured cotton bath set - igobylorib, hertrigger, sewknitter, sewinglori mlsocci74 brideofkniterstein
Glittergirl94 - 'shroom from crochet me - luxieLou, atsuko, nosusanfx, penguino, pikabean
Maremare312 - Skin and lip travel moisture - luxieLou, homerof2, safetypin, saor, glittergirl94
Maremare312 - Fishy soap and lip palette - kishcrafts, homerof2, dragonslair, eocrafter, TAOJ
« Last Edit: August 17, 2007 09:41:44 AM by LuxieLou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007 12:33:48 PM »

Remember to PM me when you have Sent items. I will keep the above list updated.

PM Gatorwrangler when you receive. 

Check who has received in the Gallery http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=183658.0
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007 09:47:11 PM by LuxieLou » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007 01:04:06 PM »

I swore that I wouldnt be doing any swaps this summer....but I just can't resist this one!! Sending my info in right now!

I am offering CUSTOMIZABLE bottlecap pendants!

Here are some examples of bottlecap pendants I have done in the past. You can choose your theme (within reason, since a bottlecap is only so big!).

***PLEASE NOTE THAT THESE ARE ONLY EXAMPLES AND WILL NOT BE RECREATED BUT COULD BE MADE IN A SIMILAR FASHION ***

I will ask you for your top 3 themes and I will choose which to create for you.

cherry blossoms

music lover

bouquet of roses

hot pink skull and crossbones

turtle lover

Wizard of Oz ( these are magnets but I wanted to give you another design example)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007 12:00:49 AM by kishcrafts » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007 01:11:05 PM »

I swore that I wouldnt be doing any swaps this summer....but I just can't resist this one!! Sending my info in right now!

it's such an addiction..what are u gonna make? flowers?  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007 01:16:07 PM »

just when i got my christmas crafting list all done and i was hoping to get it all done early this year...

oh well, like the addict i am, i'll be sending my info sometime today  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
kishcrafts
I can make almost anything out of polymer clay! :P

me and Kellan Lutz!

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007 01:25:40 PM »

FLOWERS??? NO WAY!! LOL
I am going to be making enough flowers for that bridal shower that I may NEVER make flowers again!! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I still sell my clay crafts...email me if you are interested in ordering something. kishcrafts@gmail.com
LuxieLou

sewing & polymer clay <3

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2007 01:45:47 PM »

FLOWERS??? NO WAY!! LOL
I am going to be making enough flowers for that bridal shower that I may NEVER make flowers again!! haha
Man I knew the answer would be NO!  But it was worth a shot!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2007 03:32:50 PM »

Whoa, well, we already have 4 people signed up! If we keep going like this in two weeks we'll be crazy big! Smiley

Ok, I am going to work on a table for the front page so we can list our items and shops in a more visually friendly manner... I had big trouble the last time I used a table! Let's see if I can keep it pretty this time!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

yep
javastain

javastain

Hello MC

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2007 03:39:34 PM »

Oh hey, did you guys see this crown that I did?
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=179551.0
I was wondering if anyone would be interested in crochet headbands with one flower and like three leaves in a cluster at the side. The head band could tie at the back or I could attach some elastic for sizing and would be fairly basic with the flower adornment. I have other flower patterns and colors too... anyone?

Other things I'm thinking about would be:
crochet tampons (repeat)
knit flip flop sox
knit wash cloths (repeat)
recycled yarn (repeat)
beaded necklaces
crochet ice cream cozies (repeat)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yep
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 48 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
OMG with RJS: Holiday Gift Advice
5 Beauty Tricks You Can Do With Salt
Ombre Eyeshadow Tutorial in 5 Minutes
Maquillaje Monocromático - Laura Sánchez
How to Create Bold, Bright Party Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...