Our (my boyfriend Miguel and I) adventure started at a flea market where we found this sturdy wood desk for $40. Looking back, it didnt look all that bad, but we had something else in mind for it.
We didnt know what we were getting ourselves into. Our power sanding thingy kept dying so we ended up sanding most of it down by hand. (my little sis in the pic)
We primered and added layer after layer of purple!! Then comes Miguel's drawing skills. He drew out the stripes on either side with marker and we got to painting the stripes in! [tilt head sideways hehe]
At this point, we took it home (we were working at my step dad's house) and my friend Curly came over to help with the border and stripes on the drawers.
Tito guarded the desk from intruders!!
And finally we started screwing in the lovely handles!
And tada! My new sewing desk!
All thats left to do it put a new lock on the bottom drawer where that hole is
We worked on this on and off for several months and I'm just so happy and proud of how it come out!! We're a good team
I hope you all like it too, and ofcourse comments and criticism are welcome with open arms!
P.S. sorry so many pictures