A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
667 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Has anyone used Shop Kit?  (Read 951 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2004 02:16:40 PM »

...."build your own online store".
i'm curious to see examples of sites and hear people's feedback.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dimhalo
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004 06:10:40 AM »

Yeah, I was really interested in trying this, but I don't want to be the guinea pig haha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

carlyb
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2004 08:47:55 AM »

There's a link for this Shop Kit website hosting on Craftster.  Has anyone used it? What are your opinions on it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You came to burn, love, and I came to fight
You came to deal, love, and I came for life
firefly

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2004 12:29:11 PM »

same here.

*bumity-bump*

anyone?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

spicymulatta

all people want is someone to listen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2004 01:11:55 PM »

Never heard of it.  Where did you find it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Agora, que fao eu da vida sem voc?
in hollywood, you only fail upward|snap a shot|juice me
Lindsayanne
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004 04:51:11 PM »

Their lack of a gallery of customer's shops worry me a little. Not being able to see one in action would be a definite down side for me considering purchasing it.

I *think* from reading their site, that THEY host your shop- so all your URLs start with waterswebshops.com. I've never seen a thriving website operating off of a host site like that. It makes getting your site ranked in google much more difficult too.

It looks like site design is limited to their boring templates.
When we install Shop Kit, we'll use either of these five colored templates blue, brown, red, green or purple

And I would never go with a shopping cart with a reoccuring payment structure. I hate reoccuring payments on a personal level (and OWN everything but my house, thank you) but who's to say that next year their rates won't double or triple and you could be stuck with a sucessfull business so tied up with their software- that you'd have to stick with them.

I use and love ProductCart. It isn't cheap, but it's a one time payment and it's yours. Even if your website fails you can use it to start another site or even resell it! It what we use at my full time job, and I'm buying it for my site, CollarGirl.com, in January.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Jera
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2004 09:08:06 AM »

Well darn I was hoping to see what someone had to say about it too!  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Be to her virtues kind, Be to her flaws a little blind"
Lindsayanne
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004 09:12:16 AM »

Someone else started a thread about this a week or so ago, here's what I posted then. Just my 2 cents.

Their lack of a gallery of customer's shops worry me a little. Not being able to see one in action would be a definite down side for me considering purchasing it.

I *think* from reading their site, that THEY host your shop- so all your URLs start with waterswebshops.com. I've never seen a thriving website operating off of a host site like that. It makes getting your site ranked in google much more difficult too.

It looks like site design is limited to their very simple templates.

When we install Shop Kit, we'll use either of these five colored templates blue, brown, red, green or purple

And I would never go with a shopping cart with a reoccuring payment structure. I hate reoccuring payments on a personal level (and OWN everything but my house, thank you) but who's to say that next year their rates won't double or triple and you could be stuck with a sucessfull business so tied up with their software- that you'd have to stick with them.

I use and love ProductCart. It isn't cheap, but it's a one time payment and it's yours. Even if your website fails you can use it to start another site or even resell it! It what we use at my full time job, and I'm buying it for my site in January.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

firefly

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2004 09:24:52 AM »

there was another ad here for a web designer...i can't seem to get it to come up today...her name started with 'a' and her designs were gorgeous.  i know very little about web design rates, but hers seemed quite fair and reasonable, plus she is open to bartering. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Fourth of July Makeup How-To
Halloween Mermaid Makeup Tutorial
Evenlyn Lozada Talks Beauty Trends
Wear Marchesa On Your Nails
Tips On How To Hide Puffy Eyes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...