A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,105
Currently Running With Scissors:
602 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Personal/Private Swap Gallery October 2008  (Read 7886 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

astormorray
I love looms.

just spin the yarn.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2008 08:14:11 AM »

I did a personal swap with astormorray and she knit (and dyed the yarn) the most gorgeous socks for me!

The picture is horrible (stupid camera, this is as good as it will do!) but trust me, this is some awesome sockery! I love them too much to wear them, even! aside from taking the picture, of course, and I didn't let them touch the ground.  Grin It doesn't show too well but all the colors are mottled with different amounts of color saturation, which I love all the more.

Huge thanks to sock-goddess astormorray! Now I'm off to fondle my socks again...

Here's my pic of the same socks:

Oooh, they look a little big on you.  This is my perennial problem with knitting.   Undecided

Glad you like them!  Happy to make them!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2008 11:46:35 AM »

Hello!

AlwaysInspired and I were in a personal swap this month and I received today! (and she only shipped on Friday, that's like record time!). She shipped it to my office and my coworkers were all over it as soon as it came through the door so I don't have any photos of it being opened, but I was able to borrow a co-worker's camera so I could take pictures on my lunch to post right away. I did my best to do AlwaysInspired's artwork justice but it is BLACK out there (aieee, we have a snow warning!) so the light isn't too great - I'm sure she'll be posting her own pics too though since ITS SO FRIGGIN AWESOME.

Onwards!

Until Death Do Us Part

Embroidery, reclaimed wood frame (outer dimension of roughly 14.5"x16")

I was in the skull and skeleton swap a while back and had wisted a bunch of Day of the Dead themed items, so AlwaysInspired ran with that and designed me this wonderful scene.
The devil is in the details, folks... I may not know embroidery, but i know enough to recognize that there are a lot of different stitches in there, and the colours/design are just so great. Her letter explained that she designed the Calveras herself from artwork she found online, and that the Mexican style flowers were based on vintage embroidery pattern transfers. The amazing frame was custom-made by her father-in-law, who collects old wood from abandoned houses. The Spanish means "until death do us part".

Embroidery closeup

Flower motif closeup

She also sent me a bag of whimsies for use in my collages

I loooove this little domino bead

Amazing, yes? AlwaysInspired truly lives up to her name. Thanks so much for making my first personal swap awesome lady, I'm absolutely thrilled!!! I have my fingers crossed that you get your package by tomorrow, I'm dying for you to see!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2008 11:55:09 AM »

WOOOOO HOOOO! First off I'm so relieved it made it there in one piece! I was sweating it a bit.  Cheesy I'm also glad you love it as much as I loved making it! It is by far the most complicated bit of embroidery I have done in a long while and it was such a blast to make it. The hubby loved it sooo much he wanted to keep it and that is rare!

Now I can't wait to get my package so I can post your wonderful art work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2008 05:50:15 PM »

woohooo acidtrix! I am almost as happy as AlwaysInspired that it arrived safe and sound.  I got to watch the progress of this piece and I just love how it all came together.  That frame is brilliant with the DotD theme, and that embroidery is just gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
Krafty_Karasu
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

call me KK :)

peace, love & candy corn!

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2008 07:10:18 PM »

OMG!  I was unable to participate in a Halloween swap due to conflicting ending/starting times between it and a swap I was in at the time.  well, one of the participants was kind enough to offer to do a personal swap with me.  I was thrilled!  I was expecting a great swap, but instead, I got a freaking AWESOME swap!!!  she spoiled me rotten!

look at all that stuff!  there was actually a ton of candy, but I didn't feel like dumping it all out of the bowl I put it all in and just decided to show one of each kind of treat that was included in the box (meaning the Sweet Tarts, Laffy Taffy, and Nerds).  Hello Kitty is even holding a cute little pumpkin treat bag filled with Hello Kitty chewy milk candies.  they rock!!!  this was an awesome, awesome swap experience...I just hope she likes what I gave her.

thank you so much once again, Tero.  you are awesome!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for ceramic bisque steer skulls!
Always in need of things like these!!!
Found another soup of acrylic, seed, glass, wood, polymer, metal, and shell beads!  PM me if you want to swap!!
LOTS of fabric available too!!
TheSapphireMoon

It's like a vacation for the mind, to leave the body behind...

Rockin' the baubles all around town...

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2008 06:51:34 AM »

Tero + Halloween = TOTALLY RAD swap experience at ANY time...doesn't even have to be close to Halloween and she's all over it, it's her fave holiday Smiley  I have swapped with Tero before and she RULZZZZ.  Great haul, love the costumed Hello Kitty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ ♥ Zoe ♥ ~

In need of rainbow fabrics for a Teesha Moore tote, PM me to swap!

ETSY
http://thesapphiremoon.etsy.com
PINTEREST
http://www.pinterest.com/thesapphiremoon

Shop The Swap 62
50 Projects 2012
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2008 07:09:55 AM »

woohooo acidtrix! I am almost as happy as AlwaysInspired that it arrived safe and sound.  I got to watch the progress of this piece and I just love how it all came together.  That frame is brilliant with the DotD theme, and that embroidery is just gorgeous.

I'm pretty nervous that my package to her arrives safely too... its rather delicate. It's killing me, waiting!
she did a bang up job, i'm absolutely thrilled. it has a place of honor in my home!!! (hehe i have a print that cost me well over $200 that's been sitting around for, oh, 5 months, waiting to be hung, but i put the embroidery up within an hour of getting it home!) ^_^

and i really and truly love the frame. I forgot to mention this earlier, AlwaysInspired, but I have a hope chest that my dad made for me out of reclaimed wood when i was a kid, so that sort of thing is really special to me. I just love the personality of old wood!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
AlwaysInspired

Craft Swap Super Hero

« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2008 02:12:02 PM »

I received my package today from Acidtrix!!!!!  Grin I missed the mail man earlier today so he left me a note to come get it after 4  Roll Eyes, but he decided to try to deliver it again before he finished for the day so I didn't have to go after all!
I am so blown away my Acidtrix talent! It is something so different from all the things I can do so I love it that much more. On to the pics.
Here is a group shot of all she sent! The beautiful mixed media collage, a box of lindor truffles (one of my fave chocolates), a cute halloween chocolate sucker, and a gorgeous necklace!

A closer pic of the collage. Look at all those details! I said I loved the look and feel of New Orleans voodoo and Marie Laveau and she ran with it! OOo and my middle name is Marie  Wink

A close up of the goodies on the shelf at Maman Marie's. Skulls, dried herbs and flowers, all kinds of lovelies.

And what is under the shelf. Look at that little voodoo doll!

A close up of Maman Marie and her sign.

In my rush to get to wear the necklace I forgot to take a close up of it!  Roll Eyes It matches what I'm wearing today perfect so I put it on right after the group picture! It has the most beautiful geisha image and citrine and swarski crystals! I love it!
Thank you sooo much Acidtrix for a wonderful swap!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LeapFeetFirst

« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2008 03:11:39 PM »

That collage is brilliant!! I just wisted it!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

digital misfit

crazy doesn't begin to cover it!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2008 03:16:29 PM »

Wow - that is a brilliant piece! The detail in it is just phenomenal (love the wee bottles and the voodoo doll!).

Awesome job, AcidTrix!

2 gorgeous pieces of truly original art traded hands in that swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my blog to read my rambling, get free hand embroidery patterns, and even enter giveaways from time to time! http://myhidingplaceincyberspace.blogspot.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Ernest Cline on Giving Away a DeLorean with a Flux Capacitor
Victoria Wilson: What Are You Reading?
Bryce Andrews: What Are You Reading?
Artie Lange’s Tips for Luxury Travel
Duck Commander Matriarch Miss Kay Has a Cookbook!
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...