A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,713
Currently Running With Scissors:
649 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Cyprus  (Read 4594 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

boatbird
Nutty as a fruitcake!

Nutty as a fruitcake!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 28, 2007 10:07:44 AM »

So.... anyone from Cyprus who knows where the craft shops are please post here as I don't know many places to get stuff from!

So far for your information......

Paphos Town.... look in the 69 and 68 cent shops, two on Russian Road (Mr Chicken road/ Agapinoros) and the one up the hill from the large Papantoniou supermarket up towards Mesogi. Also, Galerie of Cards near the Sodap triangle has card-making pieces. Super Home Centre on the way to Geroskipou has seasonal crafty bits (not very many and not that often though!). Angies Fabric Shop (up from the Law Courts and behind does fabrics from one pound per metre). The Yellow Store (same direction) also has a good variety of ribbons and some stick on pieces (some of these are expensive) but they do those cute little clothes pegs for 20 cents each if you are looking for a little something.

Chloraka- the card/book shop next to the PAWS shop has a good variety of stickers, papers and other bits.

Other places will be added as I find them/ as other people add to the list. I'm hopeful but being realistic, I may be the only Cyprus based member.....

Anyone know how to get supplies over the internet without a credit card?Huh

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy 100 themes tally 1/100
100 themes tally 2/100
I don't believe in reincarnation and I didn't believe in it when I was a hamster! (Shane Ritchie)
SASCHAT
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2007 05:21:59 AM »

hi boatbird!! Afraid not based in Paphos but can tell you about fun places to visit in Nicosia if you are ever enclined to come down for the day

For fabric and quilting/knitting supplies there is a lovely place on Kyriakou Matsi Str (past the junior school) called
"crafty ideas"

"zedia Hobbies" just off Kenedy street nr russian cultural center, sells every craft related products from paper, to clay, beads, mosaic.....

"ribbon works" on Kenedy avenue opposite "philippides paperworks", sells ribbons of all types, beads and bits and bobs embellishments

"rainbow" on Makarios avnue sells all types of paints, canvas, fimo clay and arts suplies.

hope that helps as a start
you know re the credit card thing, local banks can issue you with some sort of card that works like a credit card but expires after say 3 days and can be "credited" with the amount you wish to spend.
Not done this myself but cypriot friends of mine have quite easily.

take care
Sascha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
boatbird
Nutty as a fruitcake!

Nutty as a fruitcake!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007 10:12:34 AM »

ooh I forgot, there is a Bead shop in Chloraka! In the main part of Chloraka, along from the church heading towards Papantoniou supermarket.

My favourite card shop has just changed hands- Galerie of Cards on Danais Avenue will soon be doing scrap-booking bits from the US and OZ!!!! They already sell card-making bits so this is a great addition.

Yet to rate... Infinity Stitchcraft near to Orphanides supermarket off Tombs of the Kings Road.

Saschat, thanks for the heads up about Nicosia! I wish I'd known you a couple of weeks ago when I was there with my parents!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happy 100 themes tally 1/100
100 themes tally 2/100
I don't believe in reincarnation and I didn't believe in it when I was a hamster! (Shane Ritchie)
casadiaries
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010 07:10:19 AM »

Good to know Smiley
Nicosia:

RAINBOW - there is another one close to the old town (facing the Ledra street entrance go right) - it's much bigger than the one on Makarios Str., they have supplies for almost all crafts

Mavromatis Bookstore - Byzantium Str. (Strovolos) - they have very nice section with supplies for artists, textile paints, canvas, clay etc.

Don't remember the name but there is a great shop on 28th of October (Engomi), next to Papaphilipou Ice Creams - huge wall of all kinds of ribbons/cords/threads + gift boxes, gift wrapping papers, small decorations etc.

If you are looking for fabrics, there are many small shops on a street parallel to Ledra Str., I think it's Phaneromenis Str. (10 different or even more shops with hundreds of different fabrics)

Btw. do you know where I can buy a sewing machine here in Nicosia?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

splendid event
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2010 02:26:50 AM »

Hi there!

It proved very difficult for me to find places for crafting materials as they are all hidden in some way. I agree with the above and I will make some additions for Nicosia and Limassol.

Nicosia
For beads: The beads paradise is Suzukyoto, next to Woolworth-Debenhams- Hermes (Do not remember what is called now). Its a big basement with a huge  choice of beads etc. It is worth a visit. Thousands of beads in very good prices as well.

Limassol

Seller= craftstore (like rainbow but with more choices for the craftster)=Ayias Filaxeos street, in a small street opposite kouzina, and croquelino.

Loris & Titina= beads, boas, various fabrics, laces in very good prices. next to Stephanis

Giorgys= The street opposite Fisco, next to Damianos fruit market. Great choice of fabrics.

I am really looking for a place in Nicosia or Limassol who sells scrapbooking paper or wrapping paper. In the places I know they sell good paper but in monochromatic colours....Any help......? Maby wallpaper is a good option but is usually very expensive.....

xxxx

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 3
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 2
How to Edit Audio in Adobe Soundbooth Lesson 1
Introduction to Adobe Dreamweaver - Overview
How to Get Around in Adobe Acrobat Lesson 4
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...