A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 296,602
Currently Running With Scissors:
744 Guests and 36 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A bunch of my old work (mostly sketches, MONSTROUSLY picture heavy)  (Read 3559 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007 06:11:07 PM »

Wow, I love all the imagery in the third pic, and the watercolour and ink is beautiful.
Thank you! I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the woman in the third pic was supposed to be Kate Bush (it doesn't really look like her, I know) and so all the imagery references loads of her songs...unfortunate ly, I did this two years ago so I can't really remember much in the line of how or which ones Tongue

your drawings are all really amazing. it's hard to pick a fave. you are extremely talented! i'm always so jealous when i can see people that can draw as well as you!
Thanks! I'm always so jealous when I see people who can craft  Tongue

i love the alice in wonderland one - it reminds me of millymollymandy (on Etsy) drawings - very cute!
I looked them up - they are cute! And I used to read Milly Molly Mandy as a kid  Cheesy Thanks for your comment!

wow.. this is something i can wist? LOL.. Draw something for me!! Cheesy
Haha I would love to be wisted  Cheesy

They all look really beautiful. I especially love the faceless girl coming out of the water.
Thank you!  Smiley

You have wonderful style. I love the watercolor and ink, of course, and I really respect the Chagall inspired drawings. He's a tough artist to even begin to emulate, and you really, really pulled it off exceedingly well.
Thanks so much, that's really lovely of you to say. I love Chagall, so it's a really big compliment, as well as them being a lot of fun to do and experiment with.

wow you draw fabric amazingly!! Lovely stuff!!
Thank you! I was really happy with how it turned out in the watercolour/ink one.

WOW!!  Those are all amazing!  I wish I had your talent, even the ones you said weren't very good are miles better than what I could do!!  Haha, Anya, yeah, I can see that!  Funny!
I call it "vengeance demon shading"  Tongue (well, I don't, but I should). Thanks for the kind words!

wow!  You got crazy talent girl! Cheesy I especially love the girl in the water sketch.
Yay!  Cheesy Thank you!

they are great! I especially like the girl in picture #3, I could imagine a fairytale illustrated by you
I'd love to illustrate a fairy tale and I've actually seriously thought about it a couple of times! I remember originally thinking of doing the Snow Queen, although I can't even remember the story...I think it's still something I'd like to do at some stage, although goodness knows if or when I'll get around to it (it would be such a huge project...)...if it's anytime soon, I'll be sure to post it here, and thanks very much!  Smiley

awesome work sirensrising! I'm with everyone else - LOVE the faceless girl coming out of the water! Love the Alice in wonderland and the birthday is awesome! Love the knee/ankle girl!
Thanks Kaleesi, I love that you love them!  Cheesy

Again, thanks so much for the lovely comments and the support, I'm really grateful  Smiley You lovely people, you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
paralyzed-puppet
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007 04:41:10 PM »

i like the one of the girl walking through water, the girl with the yellow part in her neck area and the third to last girl good job :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I'm thinking of what Sarah said
That love is watching someone die
So who's going to watch you die?

i got my aviator from http://chosenxone.livejournal.com/
shes awsome
sirensrising
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007 11:00:43 AM »

i like the one of the girl walking through water, the girl with the yellow part in her neck area and the third to last girl good job :]
Thank you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
A Capitol Idea
<3<3<3

hey unloving, I will love you<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007 10:38:41 AM »

I wish I could draw like that. Those are gorgeous. =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come join my disposable camera swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185390.0
6/100 ATC Themes
Personal Swap Crazy! PM me!
sirensrising
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007 02:52:17 PM »

I wish I could draw like that. Those are gorgeous. =]
Thank you so much! I'm at an art portfolio course this week and it's not going great so far so that's a really lovely thing to hear  Smiley Thanks for your comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
anette_oslo
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007 03:54:53 PM »

great work, funny to see what others have done in art school, had many much alike projects myself. personally, i never really cared for pastel chalk, and i ended up with watercolor, ink and indian ink as my favorite tools. i really liked the one picture where it says "photocopy", from what i can see, that really looks like you sort of, a style you look comfortable with. anyway, it is nice to look at older projects and realize how much that has been learned!

anette
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007 04:06:00 PM »

great work, funny to see what others have done in art school, had many much alike projects myself. personally, i never really cared for pastel chalk, and i ended up with watercolor, ink and indian ink as my favorite tools. i really liked the one picture where it says "photocopy", from what i can see, that really looks like you sort of, a style you look comfortable with. anyway, it is nice to look at older projects and realize how much that has been learned!

anette

Thanks!  Cheesy
These weren't done at art school though, just regular ol' secondary school and summers and whatnot (unless you meant just art in school?). Incidently, I had a portfolio preparation course last week which has sort of made me reconsider going to art college, but we'll see.

I love watercolour, although I don't use it much (paints are so much effort to set up and clean  Wink and yes, I really am that lazy...) and ink is probably my favourite overall, but sometimes something comes along and you just know the perfect medium for it, even if it's outside your usual. I love those times  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
fender strat
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007 04:09:25 PM »

these are all beautiful.  you're very talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007 04:15:47 PM »

these are all beautiful.  you're very talented.
Thanks so much  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007 10:33:55 PM »

Beautiful!  You are very talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Today Only: Get the Sofia Vergara Fragrance First
Lifestyle Products for Earth Day
How to Layer Your Skincare Products
3 DIY Body Scrubs
LORAC Touch-Up to Go Concealer and Foundation Pen Review
Latest Blog Articles
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...