A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,760
Currently Running With Scissors:
597 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: A bunch of my old work (mostly sketches, MONSTROUSLY picture heavy)  (Read 3569 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sirensrising
« on: June 28, 2007 08:18:32 AM »

So it occured to me that I haven't really posted much of my stuff here on Craftster (mostly because I joined to try and get into other crafts and experiment and learn new things). I'm drawing a blank as to things I've done recently (aside from a large self-portrait downstairs) so here's my standard "showing off" work from a few years ago, ranging from summer '05 and the schoolyear that followed. I hope I've gotten a bit better but at least this will give a small example of the things I've done (aged 15, 16 and possibly 17 as I am now). I hope you like it!

Summer 05:

(actually that was before the summer. Regular inky pen)

Watercolours and ink.

(sorry about the pictures!)

This needs a little explaining: it's a photocopy of an original drawing I did (but it looks identical to the original, you'll just notice it says photocopy in pencil at the bottom) because the original had to go into my exam that year (again this was before the summer) but I wanted to keep a copy. Alice in Wonderland (and unless I was subconciously inspired, it's a completely original character, I just started drawing).

Chagall-inspired work for schoolyear 05-06:

"The Birthday", ink.

The hands make me cringe SO MUCH but I like the colours, and it was only homework, I guess...

Does the shading remind anyone else of Anya from Buffy?  Grin

Original work from that schoolyear, drawn from ELLEgirl models:

(that's her ankle at the bottom, not her knee! My mother is so silly  Grin )

A veeeerry quick sketch I did:

Annnnd finally for now, the Girls Aloud parody CD cover I did for my boyfriend  Tongue  Wink

That's it for the moment! I have a little more old work that I might upload later, and I don't know how much I've done lately/this year/what newer work I have but I might upload that too, if I get a chance.

Thanks for looking!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wists beyond measure are man's greatest treasure... Wink
Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
CraftingHands101
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007 08:21:43 AM »

I love all ur drawings!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My imagination runs wild...while my crafting skills fall asleep....

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥
Quinndustrious P.
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007 08:22:26 AM »

wow, everything looks great! the elle girl models are my favorite, you are very talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my pinterest boards! http://pinterest.com/quinnp/
CozmicStardust
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007 08:36:59 AM »

All of these are really neat. I enjoyed looking at them. I really like the watercolor of the girl in the water.
P.S. Is that "veeeery quick sketch" Amelie? It looks just like her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
falseoxygen
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007 08:45:34 AM »

All of them look amazing! I especially love the water color and ink one as well. And it seems I was beat to the Amelie question.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If I'm free, Its because I'm always running.
meanderingartist

Gotta love Gary Larson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007 08:48:25 AM »

They are all so nice it is hard to single out a favorite! I too like the ink and watercolor- very loose and expressive.
I also really like the Chagall inspired one...you caught some of his essence- which is tricky to say the least!
Thanks for sharing them
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ATC 100 Themes Challenge  13/100
sirensrising
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007 08:57:16 AM »

Yes! That is Amelie! I'm a little in love with her  Tongue
Thanks for noticing!

Meandering, I love Chagall, so that's really nice to hear (and that was WITHOUT some kind of goat in the picture Wink)

Thanks everybody for your kind words, it's much appreciated  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come check out my art and craft blog and say hello! LAST UPDATED: 7th September!
My artwork at Etsy!
lemadrid
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007 09:03:41 AM »

I love all of your drawings. They're beautiful and the Amelie one is awsome! I love her too
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007 09:36:18 AM »

I love all of your drawings. They're beautiful and the Amelie one is awsome! I love her too
Yay for Amelie love! And thanks so much for your lovely comment  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
timpani~jax
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007 12:50:43 PM »

Wow, I love all the imagery in the third pic, and the watercolour and ink is beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

roxybadoxy

Glcklich mich

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2007 01:28:23 PM »

your drawings are all really amazing. it's hard to pick a fave. you are extremely talented! i'm always so jealous when i can see people that can draw as well as you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

please help some animals by clicking here!
OH! and there are other tabs so you can do more helpful things. YAY!!
sajona
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2007 02:21:27 PM »

i love the alice in wonderland one - it reminds me of millymollymandy (on Etsy) drawings - very cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My biz page on FB: https://www.facebook.com/CarolinePearceKnitwear
My blog: http://sajona.blogspot.com/
My flikr:http://www.flickr.com/photos/95027356@N00/sets/72157602013921043
cold.dinner
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007 01:22:28 AM »

wow.. this is something i can wist? LOL.. Draw something for me!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frenchnewwave
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2007 07:07:17 AM »

They all look really beautiful. I especially love the faceless girl coming out of the water.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cody
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2007 07:54:03 AM »

You have wonderful style. I love the watercolor and ink, of course, and I really respect the Chagall inspired drawings. He's a tough artist to even begin to emulate, and you really, really pulled it off exceedingly well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tomb_bloom
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2007 09:25:55 AM »

wow you draw fabric amazingly!! Lovely stuff!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

M-alina

Play in the sunshine, or dance in the rain...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2007 06:33:58 PM »

WOW!!  Those are all amazing!  I wish I had your talent, even the ones you said weren't very good are miles better than what I could do!!  Haha, Anya, yeah, I can see that!  Funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The yarn seduced me, I swear!!

(\_/) Help Mr. Rabbit take over.
(o.o) He eats the nonbelievers...
(> <) Copy Mr. Rabbit or be EATEN!
byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007 10:17:30 PM »

wow!  You got crazy talent girl! Cheesy I especially love the girl in the water sketch.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
rastapopolous
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007 11:55:25 AM »

they are great! I especially like the girl in picture #3, I could imagine a fairytale illustrated by you
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2007 03:17:03 PM »

awesome work sirensrising! I'm with everyone else - LOVE the faceless girl coming out of the water! Love the Alice in wonderland and the birthday is awesome! Love the knee/ankle girl!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
sirensrising
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2007 06:11:07 PM »

Wow, I love all the imagery in the third pic, and the watercolour and ink is beautiful.
Thank you! I'm not sure if I mentioned it but the woman in the third pic was supposed to be Kate Bush (it doesn't really look like her, I know) and so all the imagery references loads of her songs...unfortunate ly, I did this two years ago so I can't really remember much in the line of how or which ones Tongue

your drawings are all really amazing. it's hard to pick a fave. you are extremely talented! i'm always so jealous when i can see people that can draw as well as you!
Thanks! I'm always so jealous when I see people who can craft  Tongue

i love the alice in wonderland one - it reminds me of millymollymandy (on Etsy) drawings - very cute!
I looked them up - they are cute! And I used to read Milly Molly Mandy as a kid  Cheesy Thanks for your comment!

wow.. this is something i can wist? LOL.. Draw something for me!! Cheesy
Haha I would love to be wisted  Cheesy

They all look really beautiful. I especially love the faceless girl coming out of the water.
Thank you!  Smiley

You have wonderful style. I love the watercolor and ink, of course, and I really respect the Chagall inspired drawings. He's a tough artist to even begin to emulate, and you really, really pulled it off exceedingly well.
Thanks so much, that's really lovely of you to say. I love Chagall, so it's a really big compliment, as well as them being a lot of fun to do and experiment with.

wow you draw fabric amazingly!! Lovely stuff!!
Thank you! I was really happy with how it turned out in the watercolour/ink one.

WOW!!  Those are all amazing!  I wish I had your talent, even the ones you said weren't very good are miles better than what I could do!!  Haha, Anya, yeah, I can see that!  Funny!
I call it "vengeance demon shading"  Tongue (well, I don't, but I should). Thanks for the kind words!

wow!  You got crazy talent girl! Cheesy I especially love the girl in the water sketch.
Yay!  Cheesy Thank you!

they are great! I especially like the girl in picture #3, I could imagine a fairytale illustrated by you
I'd love to illustrate a fairy tale and I've actually seriously thought about it a couple of times! I remember originally thinking of doing the Snow Queen, although I can't even remember the story...I think it's still something I'd like to do at some stage, although goodness knows if or when I'll get around to it (it would be such a huge project...)...if it's anytime soon, I'll be sure to post it here, and thanks very much!  Smiley

awesome work sirensrising! I'm with everyone else - LOVE the faceless girl coming out of the water! Love the Alice in wonderland and the birthday is awesome! Love the knee/ankle girl!
Thanks Kaleesi, I love that you love them!  Cheesy

Again, thanks so much for the lovely comments and the support, I'm really grateful  Smiley You lovely people, you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
paralyzed-puppet
« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2007 04:41:10 PM »

i like the one of the girl walking through water, the girl with the yellow part in her neck area and the third to last girl good job :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

And I'm thinking of what Sarah said
That love is watching someone die
So who's going to watch you die?

i got my aviator from http://chosenxone.livejournal.com/
shes awsome
sirensrising
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007 11:00:43 AM »

i like the one of the girl walking through water, the girl with the yellow part in her neck area and the third to last girl good job :]
Thank you!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
A Capitol Idea
<3<3<3

hey unloving, I will love you<3

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2007 10:38:41 AM »

I wish I could draw like that. Those are gorgeous. =]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

come join my disposable camera swap!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=185390.0
6/100 ATC Themes
Personal Swap Crazy! PM me!
sirensrising
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2007 02:52:17 PM »

I wish I could draw like that. Those are gorgeous. =]
Thank you so much! I'm at an art portfolio course this week and it's not going great so far so that's a really lovely thing to hear  Smiley Thanks for your comment!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
anette_oslo
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007 03:54:53 PM »

great work, funny to see what others have done in art school, had many much alike projects myself. personally, i never really cared for pastel chalk, and i ended up with watercolor, ink and indian ink as my favorite tools. i really liked the one picture where it says "photocopy", from what i can see, that really looks like you sort of, a style you look comfortable with. anyway, it is nice to look at older projects and realize how much that has been learned!

anette
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2007 04:06:00 PM »

great work, funny to see what others have done in art school, had many much alike projects myself. personally, i never really cared for pastel chalk, and i ended up with watercolor, ink and indian ink as my favorite tools. i really liked the one picture where it says "photocopy", from what i can see, that really looks like you sort of, a style you look comfortable with. anyway, it is nice to look at older projects and realize how much that has been learned!

anette

Thanks!  Cheesy
These weren't done at art school though, just regular ol' secondary school and summers and whatnot (unless you meant just art in school?). Incidently, I had a portfolio preparation course last week which has sort of made me reconsider going to art college, but we'll see.

I love watercolour, although I don't use it much (paints are so much effort to set up and clean  Wink and yes, I really am that lazy...) and ink is probably my favourite overall, but sometimes something comes along and you just know the perfect medium for it, even if it's outside your usual. I love those times  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
fender strat
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2007 04:09:25 PM »

these are all beautiful.  you're very talented.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sirensrising
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2007 04:15:47 PM »

these are all beautiful.  you're very talented.
Thanks so much  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
Catrinau
Crocheter. Graphic Designer. Mother.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2007 10:33:55 PM »

Beautiful!  You are very talented!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mo0ncake
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2007 11:41:02 AM »

I like how you drew and painted the girl in the watercolours and ink one.  The girl in the shaggy hair in the cute top is awesome too.  I want her top!  Annnd, the girl in the striped socks is really cute.  Good job!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anette_oslo
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2007 08:35:32 AM »

referring to the school part, i went to art college, where i had a mix of regular courses like math and language in addition to art. thought maybe you had something similar. if you haven't had any art classes.. wow, then you can reach very far with some guidance and training (NOT that the work you show of here isn't good, but we can all improve).

- anette -
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007 08:36:52 AM by anette_oslo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

wallabee wallabee
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007 09:15:09 PM »

These are all great, you are so talented! <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Horn broken, watch for finger. Also insured by the mafia : you hit me, they hit you.
meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2007 11:11:57 PM »

well I clicked on your posts because of your Luna picture that's so freakin rad, and the first girl in this post looks EXACTLY like PJ Harvey...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

dreamergirl
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007 02:53:24 AM »

omg, meepum is right, that's PJ Harvey and it's a great portrait of her. The drawing of the girl without the face in the pink dress has a very nice atmosphere to it, so calm. And I also like the ELLE Girl drawings.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sirensrising
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007 05:49:41 AM »

well I clicked on your posts because of your Luna picture that's so freakin rad, and the first girl in this post looks EXACTLY like PJ Harvey...
Uh huh, her  Grin
I love PJ Harvey!

Thanks all!  Cheesy

Oh, and Anette, I do have art classes in my secondary school, I get what you mean now! I have about two art classes a week, some of this stuff is from or for there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My artwork at Etsy!
meepum

^me and j9crafts. yeah. I'm a superhero.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007 07:59:40 AM »

Uh huh, her  Grin
I love PJ Harvey!

Thanks all!  Cheesy

Oh, and Anette, I do have art classes in my secondary school, I get what you mean now! I have about two art classes a week, some of this stuff is from or for there.

I love Polly! I've seen her in concert in San Fran... such an awesome show.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Futuristic Ponytail Hairstyles Backstage at Herve Leger FW 2014
How to Use Hot Rollers
How to Get Big, Bouncy Curls
Hair Loss Solutions That Really Work
Eliminate Brassy Blond Color Without a Trip to the Salon
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...