A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
629 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wish Bowls/Guestbooks/Disposable Cameras  (Read 1224 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hammer79
« on: June 28, 2007 06:10:50 AM »

I don't really want a standard guest book, something that gets tucked away and isn't really that much fun to look at.  And I don't often scrapbook for myself, but I've had fun making wedding books for other people.  I went around at my friend's wedding with 3x5 cards and asked them to write advice for the couple, then I put the cards that I acquired together with photos and that was my wedding gift to my friends.

I would like to have a small stack of paper for guest to sign their names and perhaps a bit of advice, or a memory of us or something...  Though I don't want to put people off either.  For those of you who have done this, do you put the notes on the tables for them to do while they mingle and wait for us?  Do you have a special table?  What has the key been for success?

Also, I'm still on the fence regarding disposable cameras.  I think it would be fun to have people do self portraits as they come in too or something.  I might give my flower girls cameras to take pictures of people at the wedding, etc.  Cheesy 

Thanks for ideas, now I have to go shopping.  Woo!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2007 11:47:50 AM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lutheranchick
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2007 07:39:12 AM »

My sisters made sheets asking for special thoughts, advice, etc and put them on the table near the entrance where the guest book usually would be. People who didn't care to do so felt free to walk on by, and some people wrote in it right before they left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
thekster
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2007 11:38:28 AM »

I'm kinda on the fence about disposable cameras. I've heard SOOOOO many people complain about getting mostly crummy pictures from them, saying that they were a complete waste of money. But then again, I've heard a few (very unproportionate to how many didn't like it) who thought they were just fine. I think I'd rather just put that money towards a professional or on something else entirely, like a cake. Really, it's all up to how important pictures are to you and how good you want them to be.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
stellato_escuro

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007 05:40:39 PM »

I am doing cards for my weddin in September. First, I cut them all out and then stamped them with our initial in the upper left. That way, they can only be written on one way, and when they are in an album, we won't have to keep turing it. I am putting a stack with a few pens on each table. Then, I am also putting out informational table tents. On one side, it explains what the cards are for and to put them in the glass at the gift table when they are done. On the other side, I am writing about the charity we are giving to instead of giving favors.

On the disposable camera thing, I have heard the same thing about crappy pictures. If you are really stuck on it, maybe you could buy a dozen and give them to a few super-social friends and family members. Then you can trust them to take some really sweet candid shots and you don't have to worry about some kid taking ten pictures of the dance floor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog for current projects and swap stalking info: daydreamhouse.wordp ress.com
Lots and lots of things to be made: pinterest.com/stellatoescuro/
whatchacraftin
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007 07:38:53 PM »

For pictures, we had several people bring their digital cameras. There's always a few amateur photographers in the crowd that enjoy taking pictures. We didn't even ask, a few guest brought their cameras and emailed us pictures before we were back from the honeymoon. If it's really important, maybe ask one or two people that you know have a good camera.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007 06:03:22 PM »

Another alternative to the disposable cameras is handing out burnable cds with addressed and postaged envelopes for people to send their pics back on - that way, it's at no cost to them and maybe they'll remember since they'll be bringing the cd home with them Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
SEAnder
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2007 12:31:14 PM »

how about the wishes in a fishbowl or nice big vase?  i've seen this on the knot a few times.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beautiful Buttery Brown Noodles Recipe
Creamy Cream Cheese Corn Recipe
Beef Stew from Leftovers and Gravy Recipe
Crock Pot Turkey Breast and Gravy Recipe
Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Quick and Easy Organizer
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...