A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,728
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 38 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fudge! help  (Read 2947 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

girlypirate
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

my arms are too short to box with God.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2004 07:05:51 AM »

fresheggs, that is _exactly_ what i needed.  i had my technique all wrong.  thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Caradea
Tutorial Contributor

former crocheter, avid photographer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2004 07:46:31 AM »

This is my recipe for chocolate fudge. It's based on one from The Complete Home Confectionerby Hilary Walden - it makes me happy because there's not brushing down the sides of the pot with water and it tells you the exact temperature to look for before beating it. Also you can use a really good quality chocolate rather than crappy cocoa powder or low quality ingredients. I've made this so far, with success, with Lindt 70% cocoa dark chocolate and Green & Black's organic White Chocolate with Vanilla. I'm fairly sure I've used both skimmed and whole milks before too and they were both fine. I'm making this with the G&B White Chocolate and giving it out to my inlaws for Christmas.

http://www.recipezaar.com/102603

Makes 700g (over 1lb) of fudge.

450 g sugar 
150 ml milk 
100 g chocolate, chopped 
150 g unsalted butter, chopped 
50 g clear honey 
3-5 drops vanilla extract 

1. Butter or oil a pan about 7 inches square, This size isn't vastly important to the recipe but it will determine how thick and deep your fudge will be.
2.  Place the milk and sugar in a heavy, large (has to be able to contain 4 times the volume of the original ingredients to avoid boiling over) sauce pan and stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar has dissolved.
3.  Add chopped chocolate, chopped butter and honey and stir into the mixture until fully melted and blended together.
4.  Bring to a boil, Cover and boil for 3 minutes (This helps wash down the sides of any stray sugar crystals).
5.  Uncover insert a prewarmed (tempered) sugar thermometer, boil until soft ball stage (116C/240F).
6.  Once soft ball stage has reached, plunge the base of the pan into an ice water bath until the tempeture has reached 50C/122F.
7.  If you wish to add any dried fruits or nuts to your fudge, do so at this point, otherwise just add the vanilla essence before beating.
8.  Beat the mixture with a wooden spoon until it becomes thick, creamy and lighter in colour.
9.  Pour mixture into prepared pan and leave until almost set.
10.  Mark out squares with an oiled knife and leave to set.
11.  Break up the pieces and store in an airtight container between layers of greaseproof paper or waxed paper.
12.  Should keep 3-4 weeks if stored properly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

veganpunk
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2004 05:46:34 PM »

i have the easiest fudge recipe probably ever right here.  it is also vegan, and delicious.

3 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup sifted cocoa powder
1/4 cup vanilla soy milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp margarine

use some of the margarine to grease whatever pan you want to use for the fudge.  i usually use a loaf pan or an 8x8 square pan.
put all the ingredients into a bowl, and put a saucepan with some water on, and simmer the water. 
put bowl on top, and stir untill everything is melted.
or use a double boiler.
then, pour into the pan, and chill.
it's just that easy.

plus, you can add some peanut butter, or nuts, or whatever to make it a different flavour.  i get endless complements for this dish, and it's just so easy.

hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
julieatcocoabliss

mmmmm...... chocolate!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2004 07:54:27 AM »

heat and add melted chocolate til really thick, put in fridge again... good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Julie
Professional Chocolatier
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Recycle Old Chopsticks Into Ornamental Coasters
How to Make an Inside Out Pillow Case
How to Stitch A Duvet Cover
How to Create Cushion Covers
How to Create Bed Valance
Latest Blog Articles
October 2, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight on: Washi Tape
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...