A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,673
Currently Running With Scissors:
727 Guests and 23 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whats your favorite "quickie craft"?  (Read 6156 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Toriowns
« on: June 26, 2007 07:25:44 PM »

Sometimes we all feel like being crafty, but we don't want to start something elaborate or go to the craft store.

What is your favorite craft that takes abut two hours or less?

Post them here so we can all find something to do when we just have to craft at 11 pm and we don't want to have search through 99 pages of searches for the words "quick and easy with tute".

It wold be good if it was made from stuff that most craftsers have at home but anythings fine.

Lets see if we can make a billion page topic.

Oh, yeah, If you know of a tute, post the link please.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2007 08:11:07 PM by Toriowns - Reason: Spelling. I'm totally getting OCD. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Future Mrs. Wentz, Yo!
ariaya
Craft-a-holic

What your heart thinks is great, is great.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007 07:27:16 PM »

Quickie crafts .. I make ATCs with whatever I can find in the house .. or little flowers or other bits and bobs with crochet. .. or soap (but that's not very quick).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Victoria
~ What your heart thinks is great, is great. ~
~ What Your Heart Thinks Blog ~ Twitter ~
spaghetti
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007 08:11:06 PM »

I knit or crochet small items -- dishcloths, baby hats, or flowers -- or just mess around with stitch patterns/look at patterns/dream of future projects.  I'd love to see some easy embroidery or handsewing projects -- it's something that I'd like to try but my skills are minimal and I don't have a sewing machine.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Vegetarian yarnivore
ihatemyusername

I <3 Personal Swaps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007 08:16:46 PM »

I make little wallets. I hand sew them for myself. It would take less time with a sewing machine but at 11 i really dont want to turn it on. lol. Just grab some fabric and start sewing. lol. I usually dont do zippers. I sew it to where the opening isnt huge and gapping and just sew a button or two on there to keep it closed.

Im excited to see what everyone else has for quickie craft.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Let me Promote You if you have an etsy shop
More info can be found here--http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=5206630
Toriowns
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007 08:19:35 PM »

It would take less time with a sewing machine but at 11 i really dont want to turn it on.

As much as I love my sewing machine, I'd rather hand sew anyday, ahhh if only it would hold up better.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Future Mrs. Wentz, Yo!
SpottedFrog
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007 08:27:27 PM »

I have a handfull of easy dress patterns for my girls, ages 3 & 5. I can knock out 2 in an hour easy because their chest measurements are the same- only the lengths are different. Stack & whack FTW.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Infinite Annie
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2007 11:12:07 PM »

I have a couple of books of differant granny squares and every now and then I randomly pick one of the patterns and work it up with whatever worsted weight colors I have laying around at the time and a G-sized hook.

When I'm done, I toss it in a box containing the previous ones I've made.  I figure that some day I'll discover that I have enough of them to put together into a wow-pow sampler afghan.

Kinda neat to think that a bunch of relaxing quickies will add up to a big something that would have otherwise stressed me out trying to accomplish.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftyhev

Have a nice day :)

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2007 12:30:32 AM »

One of mine - especially when I am sick in bed and havent got much of a concentration threshold is pen wrapping

they are part of my fundraising drive and have sold several already.... Just wrap the pens on yarn or ribbon, and I have seen some have beads on the end too....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hugs, Heather

Be true to yourself Smiley Smiley Smiley

When you get to the end of your rope - tie a knot and hang on!!
(Franklin D. Roosevelt)
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2007 03:15:15 AM »

Do you glue the ends of the yarn on the pens, or what?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
floatingmoon
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2007 03:38:30 AM »

coloring book
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We see the throns of the others, but we cannot see the log of timber in our eyes.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Tony Chopper
How to Draw Tomoki Sakurai
How to Draw Tom
How to Draw Tinkerbell
How to Draw Thrasher
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament
Falling for Autumn Crafts

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...