A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,546
Currently Running With Scissors:
477 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whats your favorite "quickie craft"?  (Read 5667 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

i_am_alexia
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2007 05:44:42 PM »

I can't believe no one has mentioned Polymer clay (or maybe I wasn't reading very thouroughly). You don't need a large area (well unless you're making a big intricate statue or something) and it's portable, and you can make things in minutes.

Any jewelry making is usually pretty quick Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zorak: Are you really that stupid?
Brak: I dare you to say that again only this time say Brak I love you.

http://i-am-famous.livejournal.com/ For all my crafty goodness.
sunnyskies*4*
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2007 07:01:42 PM »

Lately I've been crocheting yo-yo's or flowers when I'm in need of a quick craft. I love to knit or crochet all sorts of baby stuff because they generally go much quicker.

I also love to make my own scrapbook/card-making embellishments (hmmm... haven't done that in a while though).

When I feel like doing a quick sewing project it's usually pouches of some sort lately. 

OH I'm just thinking that those sewn baby booties from Heather Bailey are a great quicky project. http://www.heatherbaileydesign.com/Booties.html

Reconning T-shirts (and other clothes) *can* be a quick project -- depending on how complex you decide to go! I've spent as little as 1/2 hour though.

I like to doodle and sketch too (hmmm... another thing I haven't done in a while!)

Decoupage is pretty quick. Beading projects like simple bracelets, anklets, earrings.  Stenciling.

I also love photography, especially with the Super Macro button on my digital cam.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

~~Sunnyskies~~
poprock6903
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2007 07:44:00 PM »

I love stamping stationery/envelopes. It's quick and fun, and you can make simple yet useful gifts in very little time. I also knit little things like baby booties and purses (which also make quick gifts!). Marble magnets, like someone mentioned before, are awesome and provide instant gratification. I haven't done those in a while, though. Does cooking count as a craft? because I do that in under 2 hours, too.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Zero Cool
"The two patterns, art and craft, were welded together."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2007 01:56:01 AM »

My favourite quickie crafts have come from tutorials here on craftster: magazine bowls, those ribbon bracelets made out of pringles tubes, rapunzel scarves.

Notecards are very quick and easy to do and they're always useful. I also like stringing long beaded necklaces, easy and satisfying cause you end up with something pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 28, 2007 05:48:00 AM »

marble magnets is a brilliant quicky craft, but it does require better space to craft than, say.. crocheting or knitting Grin
I do them in a small space.  I use serving trays (a wooden tray I got at a thrift store, and a $1.97 plastic tray from Ikea).  They can sit on my lap, the table, or the floor, and everything I need fits on one tray:  marbles, paper images, adhesives, brushes, scissors, and magnets. 

I have helpful cats, I can't have anything in my lap that I can't quickly tug out of the way Grin especially since one cat is bigger than me... well almost. And then my boyfriend mocks me when I put a tray of things on top of the one of the craft-piles, because they tend to be the fastest to slide down and hit the floor when the cat goes Investigating Roll Eyes
...but now that you mention it, I'm SURE I need more trays, they're prolly decoupagable and everything... o_O
ooh, ooh! those trays you can put on the bed that people believe are meant for breakfast? They have to be meant for crafting marble magnets or cards or whatever you wish (the slight height means I have two extra seconds to chase the cats away too)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Bigmouth

Lisa at heart

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 28, 2007 06:07:17 AM »

ooh, ooh! those trays you can put on the bed that people believe are meant for breakfast? They have to be meant for crafting marble magnets or cards or whatever you wish (the slight height means I have two extra seconds to chase the cats away too)

And forget about breakfast in bed!  If your boyfriend is awesome enough, then he might serve you craft projects in bed!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.etsy.com/NilaCeramics
Buttons, dishes, pretty things
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: June 28, 2007 06:33:13 AM »

And forget about breakfast in bed!  If your boyfriend is awesome enough, then he might serve you craft projects in bed!  Smiley

He would if he wasn't too scared - I'm very picky and I know I'd keep going "ooh, and I could..." until he'd doubled the amount of things he'd brought, or I'd get up and bring more stuff myself, which apparently is very discouraging when some tries to do something for you... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #37 on: June 28, 2007 07:13:01 AM »

magnets.
bead bowls.
earrings.
bracelets.
necklaces.
wallets.
purses.
headbands.
batch or two of melt and pour soaps.
paper beads.
paper containers.
drawing.
taking pictures.
knitting cell phone cozies or something of that sort.

..pretty much everything I do, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aliasgracie
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2007 06:53:57 PM »

What are ATC's?  I am an idiot. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
hyerac
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2007 08:13:23 PM »

What are ATC's?  I am an idiot. 

Artist Trading Cards.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
6 Must-Have Shorts You Need For Spring
5 Ways To Wear Suspender Tights
Ways To Wear Trendy Statement Suits
Featured Blogger: Mayte Doll
80s Fashion Dance Video: New Leaf by Samir
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...