A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 309,970
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Just finished! My Headline News Cabled Newsboy Cap from SNBN.  (Read 11179 times)
Tags for this thread: newsboy_hat  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

broadzilla
« on: November 22, 2004 10:13:33 PM »

I made it with some Lion Brand Wool-Ease that I already had in my stash.  It's more of a burgandy than it appears in the picture, but you know how flashes are.  It was a fun small project and I've already gotten a request for another but there are several other patterns that I can't wait to do so the request may have to wait!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elysium
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004 10:40:51 PM »

Oh wow, that looks GREAT!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DeadDisco
I'm the ne plus ultra, of B+ cultcha'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2004 10:57:02 PM »

You did a really fantastic job, it looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tns
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004 04:57:22 AM »

That *does* look great!  Do you have any feedback on the pattern?  I will make this for myself after the holidays.  How does the fit feel?  It looks perfect.

Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lisacb
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004 09:57:38 AM »

Love it! I'm also interested in any feedback regarding the pattern, great job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
broadzilla
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004 01:14:44 PM »

In general it was a really easy project.  It fits well, l although I think I would have liked to use the optional elastic thread had I found it in burgandy.  It was my first time to do cables so I've a got few sloppy spots in the purls after cabling.

As far as the pattern goes, there was only one place where I was a little confused.  In the decreases, they were done in groupings of 4 rounds because of the cables.  At the point the pattern says, "Continue est, working 1 less st before/after decs and maintaining cable every 4th rnd to 72 sts, ending with a rnd 4."  I reached 72 stitches 2 rows short of ending on a round 4, so I just did 2 more rounds without decreasing to get to 72 stitches on a round 4.  I might have made a mistake in getting there early although I wrapped my head around the numbers and don't think I did.  I figure the pattern intended for it to be done that way I did it, but it left me confused for a bit about whether or not I had screwed something up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
GirlMadchen
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004 04:25:58 PM »

i think it looks like an old fashioned Cricket cap. Very cute - can't wait til winter to make one - if we ever get SnBN in Australia, that is!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.redsuedekitten.com

http://redsuedekitten.etsy.com - red suede kitten's etsy shop - for colourful, original felt jewelry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsuedekitten - my flickr page - lots of photos of my felt jewelry
crumpet
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2004 08:34:46 PM »

Madchen -- I ordered mine from Amazon and it arrived yesterday.  If you want to have a look at it, let me know. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GirlMadchen
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004 04:30:25 AM »

WOOOHOOOO! How exciting Crumpet - perhaps we could meet up for some crumpets and a knitting session?! I'd love to see it before I buy it...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.redsuedekitten.com

http://redsuedekitten.etsy.com - red suede kitten's etsy shop - for colourful, original felt jewelry

http://www.flickr.com/photos/redsuedekitten - my flickr page - lots of photos of my felt jewelry
horselover2299
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2004 07:56:41 PM »

that great from, 10 year old Kian
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
March 22, 2017 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Chandelier Earrings
Mad Cats in Fun Hats

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...