A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 302,592
Currently Running With Scissors:
758 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bottle Caps / Snapple Caps / Etc.  (Read 87747 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

smprncs
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2004 11:03:33 AM »

I LOVE BOTTLE CAPS!!! so one night i got home from work, and sitting in the parking lot was a HUGE box of bud bottle caps. i looked at it and being the packrat that i am, thought hmmm what could i do with these?? but i left them there and sat down at my computer to get some idea's. wow, am i glad i found this site. as soon as i read about the bottle cap magnet's i went right back downstairs and got the box.

so i've experimented with several different types of epoxy/resin. my main problem with each were  bubbles, and lot's of them, and the epoxy dried so fast that they didn't have a chance to clear out.

well i discovered the perfect epoxy: famowood glaze coat:pour-on high gloss epoxy coating. it's made for bar tops and tables.  it's crystal clear, heat reistant, waterproof, and best of all...NO BUBBLES! IT'S PERFECT!!

so as soon as i can i will post some pics. i'm making magnets,ornaments,necklaces, bracelet's,earring's,etc.... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
VaxGirl
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2004 01:15:08 PM »

I saw this cute Advent Calendar made from plastic bottle caps on the Carol Duval Show this morning.  Each cap holds a little prize.
www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_occasions_december/article/0,1789,HGTV_3270_3313333,00.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fl_mariposa
« Reply #92 on: December 14, 2004 07:51:15 PM »

smprncs,  how much was the stuff you bought? Just curious-I want to try this, but have to plan it in my budget  Embarrassed  cause I'm poor.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

out of town until July 10th...I will respond to any messages then.
smprncs
« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2004 04:41:18 AM »

it was $15 for a quart.(which was way too expensive for me but i splurged.) i've done about 50 bottle caps and i've barely put a dent in it. i suspect it will do hundreds(maybe even a thousand Shocked) of them! oh and i bought it at home depot.

here are a couple of my first attempts

all feedback is appreciated!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010 08:29:14 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix image » THIS ROCKS   Logged
kukeit

crafting all the time now, mostly in my head.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2004 06:10:04 AM »

I saw some candleholders made out of bottlecaps...tall ones. pile up the bottlecaps, one into the other, so they eventually look like they're the only thing supporting the candle,  on a thick pointy piece of wire and attach a candle on top. not sure how to make the base, but it has to be heavy and stable..

THIS ROCKS   Logged

everything passes
KilDaraSidhe
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

I believe!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: January 21, 2005 12:19:22 AM »

it was $15 for a quart.(which was way too expensive for me but i splurged.) i've done about 50 bottle caps and i've barely put a dent in it. i suspect it will do hundreds(maybe even a thousand Shocked) of them! oh and i bought it at home depot.

here are a couple of my first attempts

all feedback is appreciated!!

Those are really cool. I have tons of puzzle pieces laying around that I was going to throw out because I am missing pieces but now I will try that.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010 05:28:28 PM by pixieval - Reason: please do not quote images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
justxlove
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2005 12:56:35 PM »

I know this post is really old but I was wondering if anyone knew where to get unused bottle caps other than online. Any help is appreciated. Thanks much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sure shes got everything ive got gadgets and gizmos  of plenty ive got whozits and whatzits galore you want thingamabobs ive got twenty but who cares no big deal i want more
allisonwonderland
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2005 01:30:02 PM »

thanks for bumping up this thread.I know what to do with my snapple caps(magnets)//i know..not super original..but I think they look cute and I LOOOOVVEEE magnets.so...what can I do with platsic bottle caps/anything?you know the ones that are on soda/water botltles..any ideas are appreciated........ .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
guitar*girl
« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2005 10:44:59 AM »

I have been wondering the same thing... Allisonwonderland, you can make bracelets out of the blue thingys in soda bottle caps! :-)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've lost my sanity; can I borrow yours?
d
princesshammerhead

Treat people how you like to be treated!

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2005 03:22:35 PM »

Bottle caps are the ultimate medium! I've made keychains, earrings, pendants, magnets, wind chimes, curtains,Christmas wreaths, centre pieces, Candle holders, belts, the possibilities are endless! Recycle, it's the wat to go! D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If only closed minds came with closed mouths!

If the world is getting smaller, why do postage rates keep going up?

http://princesshammerhead.blogspot.com/

Personal swap anyone?
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Remove Blackheads
Why Gel Nails May Be Bad For You
100% Natural Sunscreen You Can (Almost) Eat!
Sam Rollinson - Model Profile - Interview & Runway
Why Do People Wear Makeup?
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...