A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 297,044
Currently Running With Scissors:
612 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bargain Hunter Swap (aka the $5 or $10 swap) Send by Aug 9  (Read 34913 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2007 10:37:32 AM »

When I lived in Sacramento - okay that was a reeeeeally long time ago - I used to go to this one thrift store that I could buy a pair of shorts for like 50cents... everyone always loved my mini skirts - and couldn't figure out where I got them from - well, I made them all from 50cent shorts!  I haven't got one that cheap here - we do have one place that has kids pants for about a buck a pair - but it is slim pickings - they also sell patterns for 10cents each so I am always going there searching for cool patterns.  Okay.  Now I want to pack up the kids and pray they behave... that would never happen!  Maybe I can do a kid exchange with someone next week and watch their kids and do some shopping and then return the favor the next day.. hmmmmmm.

I am in thrift shopping withdrawls right about now!!
If only we had good rummage sales here - in NJ they have awesome sales - the last day or few hours is usually bag day - whatever you can fit in to a bag for X amount of dollars... a lot can get shoved in to a brown paper bag - and most of the places are only $2- $5..
boy I miss awesome sales like that!!

Okay... now I want to go on another vacation up north when they have good rummage sales... *sigh* fond memories... mild smile in remembrance...

Jonnamarco - did you make that kitty in your avatar? That is just adorable!
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007 11:13:05 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2007 10:42:01 AM »

OK, I got signed up.... now to really start checking out the clearance areas of Michaels Hobby Lobby and Joanns...  I plan on making a run to a thrift store later on today.... just to look, maybe buy, but defineatly by some books. This store has paperback books for 10 cents each! If I am lucky I get some almost brand new ones.  I have some ideas about what I may make...... already have some supplies from an earlier thrifting adventure....... I may have to make a run a laundramat so I can use one of their machines to do some felting... of thrift shop sweaters.  so many cool ideas......  now to wait for my partners info.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

AlysiaDynamik
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2007 11:45:24 AM »

I wish I could do this one! It's a great idea  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

jonnamarco

Shave us Messiah!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2007 12:30:42 PM »

Jonnamarco - did you make that kitty in your avatar? That is just adorable!

I did. Thanks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gala_apples
« Reply #24 on: June 27, 2007 01:29:22 PM »

christina, i can't believe your thriftstore has books on like that! my nearest has them for a dollar off cover price.  Cry

this is great, i was just considering being an organiser for another round of the dollar store swap. i'm for sure joining this, i just have to decide between 5 or 10 dollars. i'll probably end up with 5, because shipping to usa is between ten and fifteen dollars.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not attached to your world, nothing heals, nothing grows... we used to love ourselves, we used to love one another.

life is no cabaret- we don't care what you say, we're inviting you anyway, you mf'ers, you'll sing someday!
Tanza
Angel in the making....

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2007 04:41:52 PM »

I am going to Fremantle next week and they have the best op shops, damn now why don't I know who my partner will be.....

oh well I can always make another trip up there again soon.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

wist
Pintrest

Life is a terminal disease, NO one gets out alive.....The idea is to enjoy it while you can.

Aquarian Spiritual church
christinacoghill

My biggest fans!

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2007 05:00:23 PM »

I am going to Fremantle next week and they have the best op shops, damn now why don't I know who my partner will be.....

oh well I can always make another trip up there again soon.

If I start stuff early, like before I know my partners likes and dislikes I alwasy get or make stuff that  I like.  So far I have been paired up with people that like what I like! but if not at least I have something for myself. 

I went and spent $1.52 today on stuff already...... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2007 05:13:30 PM »

ewwwwwww I'm telling!  Oh wait a minute - who am I going to tell?  Cheesy

I am not 100% sure what I would like to make. I am itching to use my embroidery machine so I see somehow incorporating that - and one color of thread - which will knock me down about $2 in one big shot (ouch!) but I wouldn't even begin to know what color to get yet... or what to do with it but I think that I will probably try and run through the entire spool of it! Although I DID see some clearanced out thread at Snobby Lobby for 83 cents - but they are sooo tiny!  I can't imagine using it for much!  Yeah, better go with the bigger spool... my machine is still in the shop though (broken thingermabobber that makes the auto threader work...)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
hardyswanton01
idle hands means you aren't crafting enough

laughter is good medicine, whisky is better

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2007 06:14:03 PM »

Oh man do I love a good bargain!  Thrift store sweaters, christinacoghill I just thought of that and I read your post . . . well, great minds think alike, right?  I'm sure I'm maxed out on swaps at the moment, but I'll keep this one in mind.

I know where ALL the clearance racks are at every store (even michaels, which I'm not fond of) and I love the dollar store.  for $10, even $5 I can make a needle roll out of some really nifty fabric . . . I bet everyone's going to be sick of my needle rolls, I've done them for a few swaps now . . . hmmm lemme think on this one.

Thrift, bargain, clearance . . . 3 words I can't resist
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bronzfrog
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2007 07:18:58 PM »

I was at WallyWorld today and picked up a craft supply for $.50 on clearance.  I'll use it for some swap if not this one.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

preg_replace('/(.{19})/', '$1 ', 'HobbyHorseAGoGo.etsy.com')
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 55 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Croissant Bread Pudding
Flourless Chocolate Cake With Peanut Butter Custard
Maple Orange Granita Recipe
How to Make Olympic Torch Citrus Cupcakes
The Kallinis Sisters Demonstrate Fun Ways to Display Your Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
August 20, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...