A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 299,162
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Movie Mocking Party  (Read 869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Red Fumes
« on: June 25, 2007 10:51:39 PM »

I'd like to throw a sort of "Mystery Science Theatre 3000" themed party. Basically we'd take a movie and make running commentary and jokes about it. I'm thinking of asking guests to bring in bad movie and show the worst scene in it. Guests get pummelled with pillows if they utter the phrase, "This movie isn't that bad you know..."

For games I have a few ideas. I could print out IMDB's 100 worst film list and ask guess which movie is rated higher. Another idea is to have a competition to see who can come up with the worst film idea ever. Would a movie trivia game be too out of place? Can anyone suggest some good ones they know of? Any ideas for prizes?

For food, popcorn is must but are there any "themed" foods I could make? I'm not sure what to give for favours either. I could buy a whole bunch of cheap and awful DVDs to give out but it might be pointless considering not many people would actually watch them.

Suggestions for what movie to watch are welcome too   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
red_phooka
Geek

I <3 Zombies!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007 11:12:31 PM »

lol - the first thing that came to mind would be serving cheese, corn, and spam. . .
maybe a sugary popcoarn ball (caramel or something?) - cornballs, get it?!  Grin
terrible, terrible . . . *smacks own hand*
It sounds like it would be an awesome party!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Red Fumes
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007 11:27:03 PM »

lol - the first thing that came to mind would be serving cheese, corn, and spam. . .
maybe a sugary popcoarn ball (caramel or something?) - cornballs, get it?!  Grin
terrible, terrible . . . *smacks own hand*
It sounds like it would be an awesome party!

Good idea! *Goes off to find some flavoured popcorn recipes* Heck, maybe we could even have a popcorn fight when the party starts to wind down!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dogwoodbonsai
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007 08:12:16 PM »

I think giving out DVDs is a great idea.  You can buy them for a buck at most dollar stores.  You could just get a few for game prizes, if you've got a budget.

A game with the 100 worst movies might be to find out who has seen the most of them. Maybe the prize for that person could be one of the great, classics on DVD.  (Some Like it Hot, Casablanca...etc.)

Trivia would be fun, if you kept with the theme.  Some good questions would be which famous actors or directors began their careers with bad movies.  (Nicolas Cage was in Valley Girl early on, Peter Jackson did Bad Taste and Meet the Feebles.) (No offense to anyone who might think those are great movies!!!)

A good snack might be nachos, it's one of the least appealing concession stand items.

I associate bad movies with the drive-in, But I LOVE going to the drive-in. (Random thought spawned by concession stand nachos)

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Begin Pottery Making - Glass and Clay - The Aftermath
How to Create a Marble Effect by Using Different Clays
How to Decorate Pottery with a Slip and Shredded Paper
How to Begin Pottery Making - Glass and Clay - The Aftermath 2
How to Wheel Throw a Large Bowl
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing
@Home This Weekend: Embellished Guest Towels

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...