A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,679
Currently Running With Scissors:
665 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Newborn Tutu!!! Updated with tutorial!  (Read 22491 times)
Tags for this thread: tutu , tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Kymy
« on: June 25, 2007 09:07:44 PM »

I just HAD to make tutu's for the twins, even if they are to small to really enjoy them!  Well I am almost finished with one, but I didn't have quite enough tulle sitting around so I need to get a little more, but since it was just the back we could still try it on!  I didn't make it super think since they are so tiny anyways, but I think it is just to darn cute!!!  I have some pink & white to make one for Carlie to!  Baylie is the model here...

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/casperkush/Craft%20Projects/DSC_0242.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/casperkush/Craft%20Projects/DSC_0246.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h224/casperkush/Craft%20Projects/DSC_0251.jpg

SUPER easy to make yourself!!! I found these on a website a while back, but I can't remember which one!  If someone knows let me know so I can give them proper credit.  Anyways...

For a toddler/kid size... you need 4 yrds of tulle (2 yrds each of 2 different colors).  Elastic for the waist (I used 3/8" for Baylie's... I think that would work best for any size)   

Cut piece of elastic to fit waist comfortably and hand or machine sew it.

You will have purchased your tulle off a bolt at the fabric store. Cut it in half on the fold, then cut it into 1.5"-2" strips, depending on your preference. This is another one of those very forgiving crafts.

Stack 3 strips on top of each other, alternating colors. In the example below you have a stack of pink-white-pink.

Fold the stack in half and loop around the elastic. Pull it through into a knot. (pic below)

Your next stack should alternate color in the opposite way as yourt first stack, so white-pink-white.

Repeat this process all the way around the elastic.  More or less layers can be added to your desire... but 3 is the minimum that I recommend.

And TAH-DAH you have a tutu for little dancer! (this is the pic that goes with the tutiorial... the one I made is the one above)

« Last Edit: August 18, 2011 01:09:33 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
byonic_girl

Tohnia & Mike [1/27/2008]

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007 09:09:56 PM »

how darling!  You have a gorgeous baby girl! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anxiety is the maiden hand of creativity - T.S. Eliot
Candreya
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007 09:13:32 PM »

If I read the post right, you said they were twins? If so, they're adorable!! I miss my 2 girls being that small, but I surely don't miss the diapers! WOW, talk about messy! (And the puke!) Very cool job on the tutu! "Tu" cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kymy
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007 09:30:30 PM »

If I read the post right, you said they were twins? If so, they're adorable!! I miss my 2 girls being that small, but I surely don't miss the diapers! WOW, talk about messy! (And the puke!) Very cool job on the tutu! "Tu" cute!

Yep TWINS!  They are gonna be 4 weeks tomorrow!!!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
My Crafty Blog ~ Hundreds of Free Tutorials/Patterns for Babylegs, Crib Sheets & more!
Open for personal swaps!
cheytown
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007 09:36:15 PM »

eeeeeeeeee!!! too much adorableness all at once! great job on the tutu and the tutorial (tututorial?). Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jasar31629
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007 09:37:42 PM »

Adorable!!!  It always amazes me how small newborns are!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
nelda_rrr
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007 09:37:54 PM »

Congatulations on your baby girls! They look beautiful in their tutus. Thanks for the tutorial.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

live☆laugh☆love
cmc_aust

Wandering in the wilderness, I realised I was LOST

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007 09:52:47 PM »

Tiny tiny newborns!  Adorable!

Great work on the tutus as well, but the babies kinda steal the show Wink

Also, wouldn't the tule be a bit scratchy for tiny babies?  Especially since they lie down all day?  I'd probably make the tutus for toddlers, but I don't have kids, so it's really a moot point.  Thanks for making the tutorial too, it looks super easy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I support Breast Cancer Awareness.  Do you?

Ravelry
Blog
Wist
Kymy
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007 10:26:22 PM »

Tiny tiny newborns!  Adorable!

Great work on the tutus as well, but the babies kinda steal the show Wink

Also, wouldn't the tule be a bit scratchy for tiny babies?  Especially since they lie down all day?  I'd probably make the tutus for toddlers, but I don't have kids, so it's really a moot point.  Thanks for making the tutorial too, it looks super easy.

There are different kind of tulles... the one I used for theirs (since I didn't need much) is not quite as stiff, but is a little softer.  I wounldn't leave it on them for ever... Its just fun for taking pictures  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my blog!
Open for personal swaps!
bruisedpeach22

But why is all the rum gone??

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007 10:46:38 PM »

The tutu's are adorable! So are the babies Smiley This may sound a bit odd but did you get those pictures taken at The Picture People?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

url]
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Author Sunny Schwartz
Meet Author Helene Cooper
Meet Author Noah Charney
Meet Author Susan Patron
Tough Customer Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...