A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 304,861
Currently Running With Scissors:
609 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Whats the geekiest Mac craft you can think of?  (Read 1435 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2004 01:03:57 AM »

I'm a PC user, myself.  When I think of macs, I think of my old Apple IIe from elementary school.  So, how about doing something REALLY oldschool, like using something from the old LOGO program.  Maybe something to do with the turtle.  If you don't remember LOGO or the turtle, see here:

http://el.media.mit.edu/logo-foundation/logo/
http://el.media.mit.edu/logo-foundation/logo/programming.html
http://el.media.mit.edu/logo-foundation/logo/turtle.html

(There are some great graphics on the turtle page, but I couldn't view them in Opera, just so you know.)

I think a square with a turtle in the corner, per the graphic on the turtle page, with LOGO program instructions underneath would be TOO cool, and I'm not even a mac user.  Something like "forward 50 right 90". 

Or, you could do a play on Mac iTechnology, like a T-shirt that says iT (like, iTshirt, only also a play on Information Technology).  If they also understand some programming, you could go with i!...  which translates to iBang...  er...

My avatar is a bit of a geek-joke...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
zephren
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2004 06:54:32 AM »

Ok, I will post what I come up with I promise! Ive been busy sith a million projects, but I WILL get this done before xmas!
I think the CTRL Z shirt, and logo hats are what I will make. I may also do a shirt that says G4 this Bitch! (Remember when the G4 came out and there was that commercial that blew the guy through the wall. Yeah, that was funny!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2004 11:52:04 PM »

I'm a PC user, myself.  When I think of macs, I think of my old Apple IIe from elementary school.  So, how about doing something REALLY oldschool, like using something from the old LOGO program.  Maybe something to do with the turtle.  If you don't remember LOGO or the turtle, see here:

OH, man! Logo days were the best days in Elementary school!

What about something really lame like "An apple a day..." with the apple logo on it??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

QueenofSwords

marty marty bo barty, bo-nana fana fo...uh oh....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2004 12:29:07 AM »

The dogcow is what Mac geeks call that strange animal that shows up as an example in lots of documentation, usually about printing.  You can usually see it if you go to wherever you set whether you're printing landscape or portrait (File -> Page Setup, often).  It looks kind of a like a dog, but with a big cow spot on its back... OK, check this out for more info: http://www.storybytes.com/moof.html

I am ROLLING over the "Ctrl-Z" joke and might steal it for something for my husband, but for Mac people you'd have to use that funny curly glyph instead of Ctrl, right, the thing that stands in for COMMAND?  Ctrl is a Windows convention.

Marty
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yo, ye pharaohs! Let us walk through this barren desert, in search of truth, and some pointy boots, and maybe a few snack crackers.
scandibird
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2004 01:01:10 AM »

For that to be funny it would have to be 'Apple-Z' for me... I never use the word control for my apple key!! To get the apple key on your keyboard, hold down shift and alt key and press K (on a mac that is obviously)
In either 8 or 9 there was a hidden delete function/shortcut which I can't for the life of me remember where a monster would appear walking across your screen munching away and if you did it 3 times in a row it would turn huge... been a long time, can't remember details. Does anyone else remember that? A screenshot of that on a tshirt would be cool.

edit: OK, just googled 'mac icons' and came up with this:  http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Ridge/1217/MacGalleryIndex.html
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004 01:08:09 AM by scandibird » THIS ROCKS   Logged
trufflegirl

chocolatiere extraordinaire

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2004 05:21:50 AM »

I think the classic sad-Mac icon would work well with the Command-Z idea.

I also wonder what could be done with the "Think Different" slogan... (I saw one image of a "Think Different" billboard that had been graffitied by the grammar police to read "Think Differently" --- how geeky-cool is that?)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. --- Dorothy Parker
woolgathered
Sp-diddly-inner

woolgathered.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2004 05:37:00 AM »

I also wonder what could be done with the "Think Different" slogan... (I saw one image of a "Think Different" billboard that had been graffitied by the grammar police to read "Think Differently" --- how geeky-cool is that?)

Kind of defeats the purpose of being able to think in a different manner! LOL, can you tell I'm not a prescriptivist?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dropkickJESSIE

When life hands me lemons, I make beef stew.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2005 08:50:47 PM »

I love my Mac ...I would love to recieve anything that said "That's Mac-tastic"

The "command+Z" thing would be great if you could somehow use it to bash Bill Gates.

Now that would be Mac-Tastic.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
LOVE, dropkickJESSIE XXX
http://myspace.com/jessiebarber
http://dropkickjessie.deviantart.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Margaret Atwood on Writing Dystopia
Bob Woodward on the USA’s Leadership
Richard Doetsch on Thieves of Legend
Willie Robertson on The Duck Commander Family
The Story Behind American Phoenix by Sarah S. Kilborne
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Easy Tile Coasters
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...