A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 296,738
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: buying beads  (Read 2546 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Costurasdeacero
« on: June 24, 2007 08:21:55 AM »

Hi!!! I'll be travelling to Japan this summer, I'm going to spend whole August there. I'm mostly a sewer but my sister loves crafting with beads so she is asking me to buy stuff for her.

I've checked the other topics here and found some directions for general crafts shops which I'll check. But can anyone point me to specific beads shops in Tokyo or Osaka, even Kanagawa?

My sister talked me about miyuki beads (can you find them in any store or are they made for a specific one?) and these stores: Kowa and Tokai. Also we've seen photos of a store called "Beads House Mammy" which looks quite cute and it seems is located in a shopping centre? I've found the adresses in her books but I can't read kanji yet T_T so any help is apreciated.

Also I would like to know about the prices. I know it's different in every store, but sth general like: x yens for these kind of beads and so would be great.

Thanks in advance ^^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iggieb3t
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2007 06:24:52 PM »

Check this site out: http://www.suzuranart.com/top.html

Though I'm afraid the English site has not been updated recently... You'll have to navigate the Japanese site:
1. click on BEAD SHOPS from the menu bar, it will open to a new window with a menu bar for BEAD SHOPS on the left column
2. Go down this list: after the WEB SHOPS comes a red banner "ALL ABOUT..." then comes a link for the following areas listed from the top - Hokkaido, Tohoku, Asakusa-bashi Shuu-hen, Asakusa-bashi MAP...
You will want the links for Asakusa-bashi (means Asakusa Bridge) - where all the bead shops are - they are mostly open from 9:30 AM - to about 5:30 or 6 PM - not all are open on Sundays - you can also see there shop hours in the list.
  a) Asakusa-bashi Shuu-hen - link takes to to a page listing all the shops in the Asakusa-bashi  area with clickable links to the shops with websites - showing the shop hours, prices and available products.
  b) Asakusa-bashi MAP - will show you a map for the area with all the shops listed marked on the map - including those for Miyuki Beads, Kiwa, Tokai and Beads House Mammy and a whole lot more.

I hope you have a lot of fun - you can easily spend the whole day in the area (and empty your wallet too  Grin ). The whole area can be walked - be sure you check the prices first - some shops offer some types of beads at lower prices.

For your sewing needs - the other posts on Fabric Craft stores have just about all the information and links you need.

Hope this helps and enjoy your stay in Japan  Cheesy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Costurasdeacero
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007 08:02:37 AM »

Thanks a lot!!!  Cheesy I've checked a bit already and wow there are a lot. My sister saw the map and almost had a heart attack. Thanks for the help <3 I'll enjoy it ^^ 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

iggieb3t
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007 05:44:09 PM »

Enjoy your visit to Japan.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Violet218
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007 04:18:19 AM »

wow iggieb3t ! thanks so much from me also - I'm going in 2 weeks - eep! and this will be great!
Elaine x
THIS ROCKS   Logged

SoCherry -
Handmade beautiful things for you!
Cute covers (phones, mp3, cameras), charms (bags, phones mp3), jewellery & stitch markers
http://socherry.etsy.com
http://socherry.blogspot.com
http://socherryknit.blogspot.com
http://www.socherry.co.uk
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Shopping with Supermodel Shalom Harlow - From the Videofashion Vault
The Hottest Swimsuit Trends For Your Body Type: What To Wear
Summer 2014 Wardrobe Staple: Denim
Charlize Theron Looks Stunning in an LBD
A Prom Dress That Will Makes You Shine with Hollywood Glam
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...