A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 296,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
786 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY KIT Round 9  (Read 5752 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2007 11:23:30 PM »

Oh wow everythings so crazy amazing but i've been having those 'doh' moment where i think "ooo that was clever, why didn't i do that,lol

Its the first time im making people proper kits so i hope my partners like them

EDIT:I recieved from lapoli: a lovely knitting DIY kit. Unfortunately photobucket is down for a little while. I will definately post again with pictures as soon as they finish with their maintenance

Thanks so much lapoli
« Last Edit: July 17, 2007 12:06:32 AM by reenreen » THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
reenreen

crafting by request

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2007 04:59:57 AM »

Ok i got home yesterday to see this on my desk

a very damaged package. Apparently it was recievd by Australia post absolutely destroyed....Luckil y the contents seem fine
heres is the wonderful knitting kit!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

she rambles oddly
http://pixelhazard.com
travelbug
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2007 09:10:33 AM »

I received my DIY Journal kit from CraftyMcCrafterson yesterday. The package included a journal, epherma, stickers, gluestick, instructions and paper to decorate the cover!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 07:42:25 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lapoli
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2007 05:10:33 PM »

reenreen:  yikes! i should have taken a picture before i sent it out.. that's definitely not what it looked like when it left my hands!

i'm sorry for my two swap partners to take so long posting pictures, but it's just that my three kits were so amazing + wonderful that i've been too busy playing with them to remember to take photos.  doh!

first, my wonderful learn-to-crochet kit from craftADDchick:

directions, some nice and pretty yarn!, a big ol' crochet hook, stitch markers, and a great package with lots of directions.

look at all these needles! and the cute needle holder, too! 

and this, too, which i thought was really clever.  it's a sample of the different crochet stitches and also a finished granny square (which for now will only make me sad + jealous that i can't do it, yet, but should give me the inspiration to keep trying!)

she also was partner for my kit#2 - a clay covered journal kit. 

here is a picture of the directions and templates that she sent:

as well as all of the ingredients (and take note of how cutely and wonderfuly everything was packaged + labeled!):

She also even included a sample finished journal so I would know what to work towards!  It was hard to get an accurate pictures of the front, but there's a green metallic leaf imprint on the front:

She thoroughly spoiled me with these two kits! (And now you know the reasons why I took so long to post... that crochet is keeping me up at night!)

I also just received my third kit, a marble magnet kit from Mlsocci74.  My fridge is in desperate need of decoration and I think this should help do the trick!

All the fun ingredients, including industrial strength adhesive! Smiley

and a outstanding assortment of different papers and pictures to choose from (there are like 50 different pages, here--there was no way I could photograph them all!)

All of my kits were great and I think they should provide lots of fun things to do in the coming days + weeks ahead.  Thank you, both, for spoiling me!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2007 03:45:50 PM »

lapoli- I am so glad that you are happy with your kits! And, don't worry, you'll get the hang of crochet! If my 7th graders could do it, you can too  Wink And, as a suggestion...give the granny square a try as your first item- since you crochet into the spaces, rather than into the chain, it is an easy project to do to get the feel of the stitches without fussing with trying to do that first row of crocheting into the chain. Some of my 7th graders had trouble with regular rows of crochet, but flew along with the granny square! You could even try to make a granny square with each of the stitch types (a single crocheted square, a half double crochet square, etc.)! And, I really like the kit that you got from Misocci74! It looks like a lot of fun!

I might actually have a chance to try some melt & pour soaps tonight...if I can clear off the table of all of the remnants from the last 2 weeks of crafting Wink

Thanks again for being my swap partner!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2007 07:32:34 PM »

i just got my last kit from little green dragonfly today!!!!

I will be taking some pictures as I start crafting this weekend...what a nice way to unwind after the week  Grin

Thanks to all my partners for the lovely kits. I AM SO EXCITED TO START!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
little green dragonfly

i craft, therefore i am...

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2007 02:07:57 AM »

The kits look so great so far Tongue

I have received all the kits sent to me AND they are all so great

From CraftyMcCrafterson i received a shrinky dink kit, with bonus pliers, pencils, craft organiser and earrings (which aren't in the pic cause i was wearing them)

From Melladh a peyoute kit, with practice beads, seed beads, special needles, and a gorgeous dragonfly example Tongue

Lastly
from Vildhavre  a spinning kit with a huge amount of purple and green roving Tongue

Thankyou very much the three of you I am very excited to start each of these new crafts Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

After 8 years I'm back - however did I stay away so long???
Vildhavre
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2007 11:54:41 AM »

I have made a turtle! Grin

I made a head too, but it got way to big so I decided that he has got his head under his shell. He's supposed to have two eyes that are visible under it, but I haven't made them yet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
glittergirl94
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2007 01:53:43 PM »

I got my last two kits today!  Both are from the wonderful reenreen!  Have a look!

Group shot of both kits.

I can't wait to play with the poly clay(make nice swap package extra goodies!) and I'm hoping to finally get over my fear of zippers with the zipper pouch kit.  Both come with nicely done instruction manuals too!

And some bonus goodies!  Thank you reenreen for the great package!

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2007 07:33:58 AM »

Finally had a moment to take a pic! I've recieved a great star book swap package from glittergirl94

There's a gorgeous pin cushion (which is more pink than red, the sun had left the balcony before I got out there...), thread, a great metal gauge ruler, pretty vintagey papers, double sided stickers for photos (for putting pages together in the corners if I read correctly... haven't had a real thourough read!), a needle, instructions, sharpies and a thumb tack Wink

I almost squeaked in the subway at finding the sharpies, I've been wanting a set for everything from shrinky dinks to fabric fiddling to.. I don't know, everything Smiley

And I can't wait to find something worthy of being presented in my first star book Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adobe Production Studio - Lower Thirds
Adobe Production Studio - Masking Out an Area and Using Pathfinder to Crop
Adobe Production Studio - Creating a Background for the Bug
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Access and Purge Cache Files
Adobe Photoshop CS2 - How to Copy and Paste Camera Raw Settings
Latest Blog Articles
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...