A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 297,519
Currently Running With Scissors:
643 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: DIY KIT Round 9  (Read 6121 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Sariel
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2007 12:29:16 PM »

I'm glad it arrived safely, and that you like it! Cheesy Definitely can't wait to see how it comes out.

And I just received from CraftADDChick today, so I'll post pictures later today or tomorrow. Smiley It's a great package; thank you so much, CraftADDChick!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 plushies! If you like my designs, I'm up for discussing swaps or commissions. Smiley

my wists
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2007 02:13:03 PM »

I'm so happy that you like your kit Sariel! I can't wait to see what you make!

And, I received my Melt & Pour Soap Making kit from lapoli! It's fantastic! I'll be making some soaps by the end of the weekend!

She included: 2 bricks of glycerine soap base; 2 sets of soap molds (one with leaf shapes!); 3 bottles of color; 3 awesome scents- green tea, lavender, geranium sage; and some apricot granules to add as an exfoliant. Oh, and directions of course, customized with special tips!

Thank you so much lapoli! I'll post product pics soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
Lizzle
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2007 02:20:23 PM »

I received my kit from CraftyMcCrafterson yesterday.  It's so great!  I'll post pictures next week when I unpack my camera.  Thanks so much, Crafty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sariel
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2007 06:22:40 PM »

My camera's battery died and I didn't realize it, annoyingly, which is why these've taken so long to put up. But I have pictures of CraftADDChick's treasure chain kit! Cheesy

There's several pages of instructions, with pictures for each step -- which is perfect for me, because otherwise I'd be afraid of messing up and wasting the shiny supplies. Smiley But this way I can see what I'm supposed to do as well as read about it!

Only one picture of the kit proper, because the closeups I tried to take of the beads didn't come out well. (Stupid camera auto-flash.) You get a decent idea of how pretty the seed beads are here, though. The accent beads look like they'll go great with them, and I love the green-and-gold combination. I'm very grateful for having a case to keep all these in, too. Wink (If the instructions look wrinkled, it's because I'm actually squishing them into the case for now too. Yay for storage!)

Thank you so much, CraftADDChick!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007 11:10:47 AM by Sariel - Reason: Fixed my second image, oops! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 plushies! If you like my designs, I'm up for discussing swaps or commissions. Smiley

my wists
Vildhavre
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007 08:39:10 AM »

I've received! Got both my package from travelbug and Lizzle yesterday Grin

From travelbug I got a turtle amigurumi kit, finally I'll get started with amigurumis! I don't know what kind of yarn that is, but it is really shiny and soft.

And I just need to post a close up of the so very cute stitch marker Wink

From Lizzle I got a kit for dyeing with easter egg dye and Kool-Aid, with a skein she had dyed!

Thank you both for two great kits Cheesy Can't wait to start dyeing yarn and I'll try crocheting a turtle on the train tomorrow, so hopefully I'll be able to post something finished on Sunday/Monday. It'll be really fun to see what everyone makes Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
Lizzle
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007 10:15:27 AM »

For a second, I saw the yarn that I dyed and thought, "Wow, Vildhavre already dyed yarn and it's almost the same color as what I sent her!"  Then I realized that I was being dumb and it WAS the yarn I sent her.  Anyway, I'm glad you liked the kit, Vildhavre, and I'm really excited to see what you dye.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftADDchick
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2007 01:36:35 PM »

Ooh! That yarn dyeing kit looks like so much fun!

I got my "DIY Lunchbag Kit" from travelbug today! The fabric is very funky, and it isn't one that I would ordinarily pick out.  Wink But, it has my favorite color green in it and I think it'll look very cool as a lunchbag!  Grin Grin

She included: two pre-cut panels of fabric, straight pins for pinning, a piece of ribbon for the drawstring (and a pin to thread it through with), and a bonus hair tie!

Thanks so much travelbug! I'll be making my lunch bag in the next week, I think!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The choices you make today determine the choices you will have tomorrow.

51/50: 50+ Crochet Wash Cloth Along- Finally!!! Now for the + part Smiley
halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2007 09:29:25 PM »

Precut panels.  Ah...that's what I should've done in the bag kit.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

glittergirl94
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2007 05:35:01 PM »

Trust me, the bag kit is FANTASTIC!

I got the coolest fabric in my Messenger Bag Kit!!!

And it even came with a tote bag!  All paisleys!  *swoon*  A binder to hold it all in, thread, fabric, even needles for my sewing machine! 

Thank you so so so so so so much halfelvenwriter!!!  Excellent Job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2007 07:10:10 PM »

Trust me, the bag kit is FANTASTIC!

I got the coolest fabric in my Messenger Bag Kit!!!

And it even came with a tote bag!  All paisleys!  *swoon*  A binder to hold it all in, thread, fabric, even needles for my sewing machine! 

Thank you so so so so so so much halfelvenwriter!!!  Excellent Job!

Awesome!  I'm not an orange or paisley person, so I'm wandering around JoAnn's with this bolt of orange fabric, trying to find one to go with it, and I ended up asking the lady at the cutting counter, "I know this is a stupid question, but does this solid brown go with this orange paisley?"  Cheesy  So glad you love everything.

7/15 [Edited since I was the last person to post, making it silly to start a new post]: I found Mlsocci74's bottlecap jewelry/magnet kit on my doorstep today when I got home!  She included a ton of great stuff to get me started:

Paper glaze to fill the caps with, a hole punch, magnets, pin backs, jump rings (which I always seem to misplace just when I need them), a tube of the legendary E6000 glue, tons of add-ins (oooh, roses), cute printed designs for inside the caps, and enough caps to make a bunch of necklaces, pins, and magnets.

I'd love to get started now, but it's not far to 1:00AM over here on the East Coast, so I'd better get some sleep first.  Thanks, Mlsocci74
« Last Edit: July 14, 2007 09:44:12 PM by halfelvenwriter » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Bacon Hot Sauce Review
How to Bake a Texas Cake
Chicken and Waffles Recipes
Healthy Sloppy Joes Recipes
Traditional BBQ Recipes with a Twist
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...