A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 302,141
Currently Running With Scissors:
485 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buhbye Blackheads  (Read 8631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

razziesbaby
If life gives you lemons...throws them bitches back!

what would you do for a Klondite bar???

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007 11:00:57 AM »

i tried this last night and i must say that this is AWESOME!!!!!! and since i had some left over i decided to use it on my feet and they are so smooth!!!! i now jus saved me a trip to the nail shop
THIS ROCKS   Logged

A woman's work is never done!!
funkyfuzz

My first Sock Monkey: Hand Sewn and proud of it.^^

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2007 12:41:24 PM »

Haha, im going to go try this, I pressed this rocks too... I know this is an old post, but I am looking for an alternative to Biore $trips because of the cost... Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mienna
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2007 07:57:31 PM »

This sounds really cool, thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lovelyloey
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007 01:55:06 AM »

Besides exfoliating, egg whites make good peel-off masks. So maybe apply some egg white on the nose (after opening pores etc) and wait for the egg white to dry, then yank it off upways and hope to see some blackheads stuck to it! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nana Afia B
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2007 10:14:31 AM »

I've done this three times since last week! It's wonderful, not just on your face but your body too. I made a big batch and poured water over my body and rubbed the salt/lemon mixture all over. My skin was so silky afterwards. When I put it on my face I get a pleasant warming sensation. Thanks for this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ADimEntrance
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2008 03:23:37 AM »

trying this tonight, made my skin feel amazingly soft. Lets hope the results show soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kenners
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008 06:44:12 AM »

I use a variation fo this: I use sugar (brown granulated, as coarse as I can get it) mixed with a few drops of tea tree oil. The tea tree is an astringent so helps with oily skin (a major problem for me) and is also anti-bacterial so helps prevent spots. I use it twice a day everyday and I love it.

Do not use something this coarse this frequently if you have sensitive skin - mine is tough and seems to take everything I throw at it, but be careful of yours.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Generation Artisan

"Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies."
Uniqueworn
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008 08:12:52 PM »

O my yes tea tree oil is much too strong for my skin. i mix organic raw sugar, one drop per batch of tea tree, and dr. bronners lavender castile soap. i have also made it with some oatmeal in it, and with chamomile essential oil too.

i came up with this while trying to make my own SUKI scrub. ever use that suki stuff, its friggen amazing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yaaaaay!
MissMercurial
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008 01:51:46 PM »

Heads up...
This sounds like a pretty harsh scrub for your face. Yes, lemon juice's acetic acids will exfoliate, along with the salt. However, this baby STINGS when you put it on open wounds, which is a total possibility, especially if you have cystic acne. Plus, lemon juice and salt are both irritating to the eyes, so washing this scrub off becomes a bit of an ordeal. Although, lemon juice, with use over time, would probably lighten some spots. That could be a problem, too, though, if your skin tone is already unevenly colored/textured or if you have hyperpigmentation.
Myself, I prefer sugar when making a scrub. This is a lot less abrasive, and it won't sting as horribly as salt might. I also prefer gentler acids, like pineapple juice. (this is my wannabe version of Benefit's pineapple scrub XD).
A little kaolin clay/oatmeal and milk/yogurt would probably be a safer/less abrasive mask than this.

Just an FYI from experience.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Underhill940

Gilmore Girls, Coffee, and Crafting..life is good.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2008 09:34:48 AM »

Heads up...
This sounds like a pretty harsh scrub for your face. Yes, lemon juice's acetic acids will exfoliate, along with the salt. However, this baby STINGS when you put it on open wounds, which is a total possibility, especially if you have cystic acne. Plus, lemon juice and salt are both irritating to the eyes, so washing this scrub off becomes a bit of an ordeal. Although, lemon juice, with use over time, would probably lighten some spots. That could be a problem, too, though, if your skin tone is already unevenly colored/textured or if you have hyperpigmentation.
Myself, I prefer sugar when making a scrub. This is a lot less abrasive, and it won't sting as horribly as salt might. I also prefer gentler acids, like pineapple juice. (this is my wannabe version of Benefit's pineapple scrub XD).
A little kaolin clay/oatmeal and milk/yogurt would probably be a safer/less abrasive mask than this.

Just an FYI from experience.

Very good information! I guess like every other skin product it all comes down to the type of skin you have. I would never suggest this on sensitive or broken skin, but it really does work for certain skin types.  Plus I believe you guys to be pretty smart so I think it goes without saying that lemon juice on open wounds is foolish Smiley Also, I'm not quite sure scrub is the right word for this because if you do actually scrub your gonna hurt yourself! however if you use it as a gentle rub sort of mixture you should be fine. either way, be smart. don't use it if you have a negative experience, I'm no professsional lol.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008 09:38:15 AM by Underhill940 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-Stephanie
Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.

http://underhill940.blogspot.com/ <-- my crochet blog
www.wists.com/Underhill940 <-- yes I wist my own crafts hehe
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Scrapbooks with Leeza Gibbons
Martha Stewart Makes Candlesticks with Josh Duhamel
How to Create Monster Salt Crystals
How to Make Homemade Snow Globes
Snow Day Crafts for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Creating a Travel Journal
Eggs? Eggzactly!
Meatless Monday: Kale Yeah!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...