A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,872
Currently Running With Scissors:
636 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Christmas gifts for difficult people?  (Read 2441 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2007 04:08:07 PM »

O.k I  have a few people who I'm really having problems thinking of gifts for Christmas!These are people who I love but I just can't think of what to get them or make them.They are:
my dh-he's into computers,some books (if religious),sweaters,and things dealing with the navy.

my mom-no clothes (she has plenty),or perfume,or books she has waaayyy too many.

my bf-she likes things like the red hat clubs,books (not sure what kind)need to find out.

my step-son-u.s navy.Not sure if what's allowed or not?I think he's on a ship in Canada right now but that could change.

my step-daughter-she's into dance,music,drama,and art?Have no idea what to get or make her.

church choir director-music of course and angels

pastor & his wife- nuff said.Have no idea what to make them.

another bf-she collects dolls.Thinking about making one of those period dolls from Annie's Attic if I can find the pattern.

My great-aunt-major health issues.Not sure what to get or make her.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.I need these ideas ASAP.so I can get started on them.So heeellllp!Thanks everyone. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
brideOFkniterstein

Veni, Vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007 10:24:55 AM »

my dh-he's into computers,some books (if religious),sweaters,and things dealing with the navy. how about some corner bookmarks and book thongs. there is also a dishcloth pattern with the navy emblem, how about a bathset

my mom-no clothes (she has plenty),or perfume,or books she has waaayyy too many.

my bf-she likes things like the red hat clubs,books (not sure what kind)need to find out.

my step-son-u.s navy.Not sure if what's allowed or not?I think he's on a ship in Canada right now but that could change. can you do a care package? you can make him a neck cover (don't remember what they're called)

my step-daughter-she's into dance,music,drama,and art?Have no idea what to get or make her. art? how about an atc starter kit

church choir director-music of course and angels angel dishcloth is the only thing that comes to mind

pastor & his wife- nuff said.Have no idea what to make them.

another bf-she collects dolls.Thinking about making one of those period dolls from Annie's Attic if I can find the pattern.

My great-aunt-major health issues.Not sure what to get or make her. scarf?

Any ideas would be most appreciated.I need these ideas ASAP.so I can get started on them.So heeellllp!Thanks everyone. Smiley

that's all i could think of. you might want to check out organizedchristmas.com there's a craft board there. i get some ideas from them every now and again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down with Personal Swaps
My Wist

BRIDES-TO-BE: i have wedding stuff i would love to swap away. pm me for list of items!
FIFI

It's useful being top banana in the shock dept.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007 05:20:04 PM »

This year I am definitely making donations to charities in the names of people who I normally buy/make things for. It is getting very difficult for me to get the "perfect" present. In another thread, people were discussing how you spend time/creativity on making a gift and the recipient doesn't appreciate it. I promised myself that I would make things for a few and would make donations for just about everyone else. I am going to pick charities that match their interests. Hope that this helps -
Fifi
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lutheranchick
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007 07:53:49 AM »

I would suggest giving your pastor and his wife things to entertain with ( a special cheese basket, muffins, guest towels, or something like that) as most pastor's families have their extended family and friends over at THEIR house instead of travelling (because they do Christmas and Christmas Eve service). I wouldn't get them a scripture-themed item, as their house is undoubtedly overflowing with them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When in doubt, sauerkraut.
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007 08:54:30 AM »

for the great aunt with health issues - my son has autism and the autism society of america allows you to establish a fund in tribute to someone special. Depending on her health issues, maybe a national organization has something similar? The other benefit might be that you could email other family and friends the link to help them with a difficult to gift person.

Pastor and wife - a gift certificate to bake/cook something for them.
I just finished seminary and I would agree with the Biblical/Scriptural overload.

church music director - decorate a folder/binder for choir music

Selkie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

Agnes Whistling Elk
xx_Kellybean
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2007 09:33:10 PM »

dh- If he has a laptop, you could make him a laptop holder out of camoflauge fabric.

step-daughter- you could paint her something. If she's into music, she might have an ipod? If she does you can make an ipod cozie. If she's into art.. as in she enjoys doing art.. you could buy her some paints and canvases, or pencils and drawing paper, or whatever kind of art she's into.

great-aunt- Perhaps you could make her a blanket?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007 08:02:41 AM »

I found the site http://www.iwantoneofthose.com to be invaluable for hard to buy for people.  Husbands in particular will love almost anything from there!  There's a uk site too.

Also good for inspiration.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TAOJ

eating my strawberries

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007 10:14:19 AM »

For difficult to buy for people this year I have wool socks, hat/mitts/scarves, and a quilt with pictures of the grandkids on it. If you can't make some things maybe check out some swaps. In the sweat shop swap I will be recieving a crochet case and crochet stitch markers, makes a great gift for my aunt who crochets  Grin  so even try trading off with some of your skills to get what you want/need for gift giving.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007 10:07:17 AM »

I found the site http://www.iwantoneofthose.com to be invaluable for hard to buy for people.  Husbands in particular will love almost anything from there!  There's a uk site too.

Also good for inspiration.
OMG!!!  Thank you - I found the PERFECT gift for my DH on there!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Jermaine Jackson on Growing Up with Michael Jackson
Who Stuffed Alfred the Gorilla
Charity Shumway Her Novel Ten Girls To Watch
Author Charity Shumway on Being a Graduate
Dear Know It All Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Grey & Plum Button Wreath
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...