A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 298,706
Currently Running With Scissors:
755 Guests and 15 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fill A Purse Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 10638 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2007 04:37:28 PM »

The purse is too cute.  I love the idea of a knitted notebook cover...I might have to bug MareMare to tell me how she made it!

The notebook cover and keychain were actually crocheted, not knitted  Grin  but the cover was pretty simple. I measured the notebook I wanted to use (5" x 7") and then crocheted a piece 7 inches long until it was something like 16 inches wide ( 5+5 for the front and back +3+3 for the overlap on each end). I folded about 3 inches back on each side and whipstitched it at the tops for the part to slip the front cardboard piece of the notebook into. I think I just did a double crochet the whole way through, but to make a pen holder in the middle I skipped every other double crochet, so you could slip a pen in easily. I hope that makes sense! Oh, and I would definitely recommend doing this in cotton, since I did it in a wool/acrylic blend and it stretched out quite a bit, which stunk since it didn't fit perfectly like I wanted it to!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2007 04:52:00 PM by maremare312 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
MareMare
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Bath and Beauty Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Soapmakers do it with bubbles

Don't be a soap licker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2007 04:50:48 PM »

I had to post more pics of the journal that razberryjam sent me. I found out she did make it! I kind of wondered if she made it, but it was so professionally done I figured she bought it! She used a cool map-looking paper on the cover and turquoise (my fave color) binding (I don't know if that's the right word). The inside paper is light orange and unlined. The whole thing is around the size of a paperback book. Thanks so much, I love it! I am obsessed with making lists, so this will either become a list making book or maybe a swap journal! 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Soaps by MareMare Blog Updated! 8/27

~Calling all Quilters! It's time to join the 2014 Quiltalong!~

Love painting your nails? Check out the Awesome Manicure Thread!
Altair

Tree-hugging Dirt-Worshipper

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2007 05:36:23 PM »

The purse is too cute.  I love the idea of a knitted notebook cover...I might have to bug MareMare to tell me how she made it!

The notebook cover and keychain were actually crocheted, not knitted  Grin  but the cover was pretty simple. I measured the notebook I wanted to use (5" x 7") and then crocheted a piece 7 inches long until it was something like 16 inches wide ( 5+5 for the front and back +3+3 for the overlap on each end). I folded about 3 inches back on each side and whipstitched it at the tops for the part to slip the front cardboard piece of the notebook into. I think I just did a double crochet the whole way through, but to make a pen holder in the middle I skipped every other double crochet, so you could slip a pen in easily. I hope that makes sense! Oh, and I would definitely recommend doing this in cotton, since I did it in a wool/acrylic blend and it stretched out quite a bit, which stunk since it didn't fit perfectly like I wanted it to!

Thanks so much!  I'll have to try it.

I recieved from shiitake today!  Well, actually I probably recieved yesterday, but I was in a wedding, so I was gone all day and running around like crazy to boot.  Tongue

Anyway, here are pictures!

A really cool bag in vintage tattoo print!  I love tattoo art, so this is perfect for me. 

Closeup of the print.

An awesome little brown and pink pouch with birds on it.  It's too cool. 

The spiffy polka-dot lining of the bird pouch.

A lip balm and lip balm caddy.  All the writing on the lip balm package is Finnish, and I've been acting like a dork trying to puzzle it out.  I don't speak a word of it, but it's such a cool language to look at.   Grin

A nifty notebook and pen.  I'm forever writing lists, so this is perfect. 

Thank you so much, shiitake!  I hope you like yours as much as I like mine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Hello, little light in the sky.  Please don't probe me."
My Wists

Open to personal swaps...PM me!
razberryjam
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2007 06:39:00 AM »

Actually, my dog is supposed to be a weimaraner/boxer mix, but I think he comes from a long and illustrious line of mutts, so who knows? Also, he is huge - about 120 pounds of pure love. His name is Seamus. And sorry to go on ab out my dog, but I am a tad obsessed as well. Wink

And thanks for correcting me about the notebook cover - I am hopeless at anything involving yarn! I will say that the pen fit perfectling in the holes and even stays in place. Very, very cool!

Chrissy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shiitake
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2007 10:28:33 AM »

I got my package from Altair today and it filled with so lovely things! First,the very well made and lovely purse

And these were included:

There was a nice smelling bath bomb,a comb,a notebook and pen and a variety of ephemera - pretty vintage pics and postcards! And also a lot of good candy.I love everything! Altair was so nice swap partner,thank you so much.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2007 05:50:07 PM »

ooo pretty! I love the fabric
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dragonslair
Crafting another baby...... Due Jan. 6th, 2011

Goth and loving it.

« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2007 05:53:38 PM »

bunnyboo should have hers tomorrow it shows it arrived in her hometown today!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

WILL SWAP for CLOTH diapers.........

MY LJ
http://crochet-crazy.livejournal.com

My wists
www.wists.com/dragonslair
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2007 06:00:21 PM »

wow your DC numbers are really cool, I'm all impatient to know whether mine has made it to la_chrystelle yet, but we have no way of knowing, still its not too far so hopefully it wont take too long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

halfelvenwriter
The Quiet, Odd One in the Corner

« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2007 09:16:09 PM »

I received from Pretty Hate Machine over the weekend, and I've taken the purse she made around with me all week.

I love pinstripes, it's zippered (I'm still working up the nerve to put in zippers, so I'm in awe of people who can), the handles are black lace, and it holds everything I want it to and more.

Inside, there was a velvet pouch for my iPod

A velvet pouch that comfortably holds my books

A keychain

A bag of salmiakki (salty licorice) that I tried, liked, googled, and found out is hard to find around here.  I'm on a quest to find more.

And a Finnish newspaper. Altair, you're not the only one who's been going, "Ooh, pretty words."  Wink  Though then I went all fantasy geek and started explaining to my family that Tolkien modeled Quenya on Finnish, and that killed any shared interest in looking at the paper.

Thanks, Pretty Hate Machine!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mini
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2007 02:01:02 AM »

Love! Fabulous bag!
All the packages have been so great.
I can't wait for rira & I to get our packages!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Merge Blend Modes in Photoshop
Sharpening Photos For Both Web and Print
How to Draw Sponge Bob
How to Draw Snow White
How to Draw Silversmith
Latest Blog Articles
Challenge #104 Halloween Costume Winner
@Home This Weekend: Painted Countertops
Tute Tuesday: Paper Lantern/Ball Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...