A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 299,135
Currently Running With Scissors:
738 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My face and a dirty old bag  (Read 4689 times)
Tags for this thread: stenciling_challenge_3_self_portrait  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

averij
« on: June 22, 2007 09:50:48 AM »

I seem to be the first to post... Roll Eyes I hope I'm doing everything right.
This is the first challenge I ever participated in.

I'm not too big on putting my image on everything I own, it would seem a bit self-centered maybe. But I'm getting very excited about stenciling so I guessed this was a good thing to exercise my stenciling and making of stencils.

I didn't find anything in my closet that I really wanted to stencil my face on, so I took an old, dirty wrinkly bag out of the closet. I can carry my books in it when I go to the library!
I printed out the stencil I made on cardstock, cut it, and painted away with black fabric paint.
So, I used this picture of me:

YES I look odd. It's one of those pictures you never use or show anyone so I guess it finally got a use! It was taken in a classy bathroom in the British embassy in Montevideo, Uruguay, so it has some good memories. (and it turned out pretty clear as a stencil)

Nothing too spectacular, but I got to practice my stenciling skills!
Hey I just noticed that I don't look as surprised on my stencil as I look on the picture...how did that happen?

I'm not a big fan of the cardstock. If anyone would want to swap some wax paper, for who know what with me, send me a PM. I live in Belgium. Well now...what to stencil on next?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cigarettesandvalentines
Red ships of Spain!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2007 09:56:29 AM »

haha i saw your picture on the 'new posts' area up at the top and just had to see what you were so surprised about. LOL

it turned out good!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Someone has to go back and get a shitload of dimes."

Personal Swaps? Love 'em! Drop me a PM

etsy! http://www.etsy.com/shop/historystuffed

http://hamiltonsstupidhat.blogspot.com/
muzzioinapickle
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2007 11:13:07 AM »

i'm uruguayan!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averij
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007 11:36:46 AM »

i'm uruguayan!!

Haha awesome!! You don't meet people from Uruguay everyday!
I went on a trip to Argentina, to visit my family, and then we took the buquebus to Montevideo! We got to sleep in that gorgeous embassy, because the ambassadors were friends of my aunt....And then we went to Punta del Este! That's about all I saw of Uruguay, but I liiiiked.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

muzzioinapickle
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007 11:59:30 AM »

That is soooo cool!! I live in Chicago but my parents are from Uruguay and we went last summer.  My whole family lives there except for a few aunts and uncles.  Punta de Este is gorgeous, no? The president, Tabare is a family friend with my grandpa etc.  When my brother visited he got to go fishing with him!! I'm so glad to hear that someone actually went there!! I had a friend and I told her I was from Uruguay. A little while ago we were talking about it and I explained that it was between Argentina and Brazil and she says "OHHHHH!! I thought it was a city in Mexico!" T_T

The bag is REALLY cool by the way Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
svanalyn
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007 01:38:49 PM »

Hehe... Lovely expression you've got there.  Tongue

[non English]

Je kan ook van dat transparant-papier gebruiken. Je weet wel, dat plastiek achtige geval voor op een overheadprojector. Dat is naar het schijnt ook redelijk effectief.

[/ non English]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007 01:40:03 PM by svanalyn » THIS ROCKS   Logged

averij
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007 03:03:21 PM »

That is soooo cool!! I live in Chicago but my parents are from Uruguay and we went last summer.  My whole family lives there except for a few aunts and uncles.  Punta de Este is gorgeous, no? The president, Tabare is a family friend with my grandpa etc.  When my brother visited he got to go fishing with him!! I'm so glad to hear that someone actually went there!! I had a friend and I told her I was from Uruguay. A little while ago we were talking about it and I explained that it was between Argentina and Brazil and she says "OHHHHH!! I thought it was a city in Mexico!" T_T

The bag is REALLY cool by the way Cheesy

Haha thanks. Punta was lovely! My Argentinian cousin called it 'the jetsetting spot of South America'. St.-Tropez! Fancy stuff! She was getting all crazy about going out there.
And there was this cool bridge:
http://p.vtourist.com/1168604-La_Barra_Bridge-Punta_del_Este.jpg
DID I GO CRAZY ON THAT. It's like a rollercoaster and gives you tingly feelings in the stomach. Did you pass it too? Ha.
I love the sound of the name Punta too, I'm going to take spanish classes soon so I can go back and actually socialize with people. Well, not that many people know Uruguay but once you've been there, you know it's incredibly sexy! So be proud of your nationality.
YOUR BRO WENT FISHING WITH THE PRESIDENT? Oh my Cheesy
Okay sorry for all the excitement here ... I wish I was back in South America now!

Hehe... Lovely expression you've got there.  Tongue

[non English]

Je kan ook van dat transparant-papier gebruiken. Je weet wel, dat plastiek achtige geval voor op een overheadprojector. Dat is naar het schijnt ook redelijk effectief.

[/ non English]

Yeah, I think we were trying to take sexy pictures when we were in that bathroom - I guess it didn't work out  Wink

[non English]
Ik zal het eens proberen, bedankt voor de tip! Hopelijk loopt de verf niet uit dan. Even terzijde: Mijn zus heeft vijf jaar lang gedacht dat het woord 'overheidsprojector' was. De schok toen ze ontdekte dat het geen gift van de overheid was!
[/ non English]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009 08:32:40 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please do not hotlink images - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

muzzioinapickle
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2007 04:26:21 PM »

I went on the bridge too!! My mom and her family used to go to Punta del Este as kids and they had this old VW bus (hippie bus). Her dad would turn off the engine as they went over the bridge after the first bump. They would just roll up and down and then turn around and do it again. I loved that bridge too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
averij
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2007 01:36:34 AM »

I went on the bridge too!! My mom and her family used to go to Punta del Este as kids and they had this old VW bus (hippie bus). Her dad would turn off the engine as they went over the bridge after the first bump. They would just roll up and down and then turn around and do it again. I loved that bridge too!

I should stencil that bridge on something. YES
THIS ROCKS   Logged

knitting_nyxxie
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007 08:55:26 AM »

Great stencil and thanks for entering the contest!! You did do everything right!!!

I hate to be the party pooper here but guys we have to stay on topic pretty please!  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Are you in Middle TN Join us TN Craftsters!
Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn how to Grill Yellowfin Tuna with Lemon and Garlic
Learn how to Grill Vegetable Medley
Learn how to make Grilled Lamb Shoulder with Sweet Orange Mustard Glaze
Mint Leg of Lamb
How to make a Hearty Hamburger
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...