A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,390
Currently Running With Scissors:
795 Guests and 37 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Bon's big day is Saturday! and my OOT baskets  (Read 3675 times)
Tags for this thread: out_of_town_basket  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008 04:45:11 PM »

I'm really disappointed in myself (or maybe just the boxes)... I was a bad girl and started picking at some of the places on the basket that was peeling, and I ended up ripping a huge piece off of one. Sad Sad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
*MAR*
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008 05:41:28 PM »

That's okay, put another coat over it. And then, LEAVE THEM ALONE! I did the outside on one day, adn the inside on the next, to let the boxes dry thoroughly. What colour have you painted them? If you are using them as bathroom baskets, you could write "Ladies" or "Gents" on each. Find someone who will be in charge of them for you. I think I've been in charge of these for the last 4 weddings I've gone too. Go get all your bathroom basket goodies, then separate Men's & Women's into two bags. Give the baskets and the two bags to a friend/reliable family member at the rehearsal dinner or something, and it will be one last thing for you to worry about!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweets4ever
Administrator
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008 08:30:17 PM »

Plus, they'll be full of stuff... would anyone even see a missing patch?  Lay a piece of fabric in it, load it full of stuff, etc. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
thekster
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008 08:14:48 PM »

Hahah I'm HORRIBLE at picking at things, so it's been so hard to not pick at the peeling part. I haven't painted them yet; I still have to find paint. I hope I can find the right color (teal-ish) I'll probably have to glue the peeling part and then paint though. I like the idea of writing "Ladies" and "Gents" on them! I figured I would assemble the baskets before-hand to make them all pretty, but I guess it would be a better idea to have someone else be in charge of that, and to put them in a bag so nothing falls out on the way there. Sweets, the fabric idea is good too, if I decide I just can't stand how it looks without. I may just be like "screw it" and leave it how it is haha. I'm sure I'll have too much on my mind to care about the tiniest details.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

thekster
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2008 10:01:49 AM »

YAYYY!!! I'm finally getting them painted! Yesterday I went to HobLob and bought a bunch of acrylic paint (errr 2 bottles... a blue and a yellow to mix.) I painted the outsides and then before painting the inside, I glued the pieces that I picked at. What a horrible mess that turned out to be! I spilled the bottle and ended up glueing 3 fingers on one hand together and 2 on the other hahhaa. Easy fix though, and then I painted the inside. Now I'm just waiting to go back to HL and get one more bottle of blue.
I didn't realize til later that the paint in the cylindrical bottles at Walmart are Acrylic too, and that if I went up into the attic I could probably find the right color. Dang. I got the artisty acrylic paint, but it was actually cheaper and I love the color it turned out. Thank goodness I got a light color that dried darker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*MAR*
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2008 06:25:53 PM »

Oh good! I'm glad you were finally able to get them painted. I'm sure they'll turn out great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008 09:56:28 PM »

Me too! *phew* The only thing I didn't like was that I used a bristle brush cuz I couldn't find a foam rolling brush around the house, so they have paint lines or whatever. After looking at them for a while, I decided... I just didn't care that much haha. They turned out a lovely color though. Now I just have to go find more crap to fill them with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of VIBE: Chor Boogie & His Street Romantic Voodoo Modern Hieroglyphics
Artwork Stolen From Cuban Museum Worth $1.5 Million
Bristol Street Art Tours
Bristol Street Art Graffiti Workshop
How to Draw Better in 2 Minutes
Latest Blog Articles
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster
July 8, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...