ok...here's my sketchy shot at a tutorial...i'm not so good at explaining things, so bear with me. First off, I use only sterling silver findings and chain. Just b/c I don't want the 'fake' silver ones to get crummy after awhile if i give them as gifts or sell them. I buy all my stuff at either AC Moore ( www.acmoore.com
) or Fire Mountain Gems ( www.firemountaingem s.com
) . These get way easier to make and understand once you make a few pairs, plus then you find your own little ways to shortcut and such. ok...here goes...
1. Stuff you need....sterling silver chain (i used bigger and small links...use what you like..just a hint..bigger links are easier to see and count), wire cutters, needlenose pliers, ear hooks, assorted beads, and headpins or eyepins..your choice.
2. Cut your chain with the wire cutters to double the length you'd like....this is so that you can count the chain links to make sure its even. Cut in half.
3. Open up the hook on your ear hooks with the needlenose pliers, and hook the chain onto the earring. I like the way it looks with the chain kinda broken up into three little chains....
...so if you like that, just count the links so you'd make six (3 for each earring) even lengths. You can hook them all onto the ear hook.
4. Thats pretty much the hardest part, and hardest to explain..lol. The most important thing is to make sure that your chain is even so it doesnt look stupid when its done.
5. Now you take you eyepins/headpins, and beads , and attach this to your chain..wherever you want the beads to go.
6.This is how i attached it...this pic might look blurry..sorry
7. This is your finished earring, pretty cute and easy.
Simple 1 Bead Earrings....
1. Pretty much self explanatory...cut the chain (i use a smaller link for these kind of earrings) whatever length you want, and attach it to the ear hook.
2. Attach you headpin/eyepin w/ bead onto the bottom of the chain, and your done. These are super easy and quick to make.