A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 301,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
384 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Swap 5 Gallery  (Read 11255 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007 07:06:28 PM »

Ooh, pretty noro:)

I'm making a Fat Bottom Bag out of the lovely Patons Merino Wool hollylynne sent, and I'm about halfway done. I got about 16 rows in and then decided I should check my gauge...yeah, dumb idea. So I started over, and it looks like it will be the correct size, instead of a coin purse!

I'm having so much fun crocheting it out because goodies keep falling out. I've already found some fabulous treats, including my favorite lipgloss in the whole entire world! I have no idea how she knew. She spoiled me pretty thoroughly
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyCoug

Croquet at Molbaks

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007 08:53:27 PM »

Here is my yarn wad that I received from Yarnisfun all unwound!  Sadly I've got too many projects going right now to start another, so knitting it out wasn't a possibility... and you shouldn't let yarn sit all wound tight like that, right Wink

Here they are:

All wound up with the pattern.  How we both chose fingerless gloves, I'll never know!  Especially w/ both of us living in hot places and it being June!!

Half way unwound... I wasn't really systematic about it and somehow it ended up EVERYWHERE!

And all of the goodies!!

Goodies include: 2 spools of ribbon, a little build-your-own rubber stamp, a couple of fridge magnets, beads, felt scottie, coasters, fabric, 2 cross stitch or embroidery kits, a little sheep key chain, and a necklace...  The yarn is KnitPicks Memories in Hawaii - I looked on the website and that color doesn't appear to exist anymore.  The pattern is KnitPicks for long fingerless gloves.  Definitely going to want those in about 6 months!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 07:45:56 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm down w/ a personal swap now and then!  PM me!

www.craftycougknits.blogspot.com
eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007 01:53:43 AM »

Oh my gosh I just noticed that my MYB had arrived yesterday. This is going to drive me crazy I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep and saw my box sitting on the table.  I opened it up and what a awesome looking MYB.  I want to unwrap it now but I want to post before and after pics.  My daughter wont be up for hours to help me take pics.  I should have left the box closed,  What is a girl to do.  It is 4:45 Am.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frogeyesalad

Texting from a few feet away? For shame!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007 12:38:13 PM »

ooh, did you open it eye? Sounds fabulous. I tried so hard to stay up and get the body of my purse finished, but I was too tired. hollylynne did include the most BEAUTIFUL fabric to line it with, something I've been coveting from her store, along with a matching change purse. So I'm very excited about all I've seen.

So, my dogs had totally left my myb alone until I went to bed last night. Then I heard Lucy growling at Ginger, and got out of bed to find she had grabbed the ball out of the box (and I'm almost at the middle, so there wasn't much to it) and run into the bedroom with it and was guarding it from Ginger:) So, she was mad when I took it away, but I don't blame her- it smells fantastic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2007 06:33:29 PM »

frogeyesalad: oh my gosh!!!  the dogs!!!  well, there isn't any candy in there so they wouldn't find anything nice to eat even if they did get to the middle!  Wink

i'm so glad you're having fun crocheting yours out!!! i can't wait to see mine!!!

craftycoug and atomeve those are both AWESOME looking yarn balls!  the varigated yarns look soooo pretty!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wobblerat

already a krafty kitty

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2007 07:22:42 PM »

I received from Born2bWild yesterday!  Check out my goodies:

The wound ball

goodies included in the box:

I don't know if you can see how adorable these little Japanese candies are.  Upon seeing them, my dd said "Mom, can we SHARE???" 

And the ball after undwinding:

Like I was gonna knit it out!  Ha!  For those of you that are worried someone is gonna unwind your ball and steal your goodies, fear not!  It takes FOREVER to unwind the ball.  but it is so much fun!

I love my MYB Born2bWild!  Thank you so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

eye_on_sparrow
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2007 08:10:58 PM »

Here are some pics of my very cool MYB.  It is very interesting that crumpet79 and I put very similar things in our MYB.  I don't want to give anything away as she hasn't received hers yet.

This is the ball before:http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/eye_on_sparrow/HPIM1802.jpg[/img]]

and this is all my goodies after unwrapping:http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s219/eye_on_sparrow/HPIM1806.jpg[/img]]

I got a pattern for a felted bag which I love and the Patons merino yarn.  I got 2 CDs Frankie Valli  and a soul CD.  A photo note card of carousel horses which I am pretty sure that crumpet took the pics.  Nail polish, toe separators, foot scrub, pumice stone I will give my feet a treatment.  I got some gift tags and a bookmark with some pretty flowers on them.  A crocheted little coin purse and a knitted yellow pouch with a little flower on it so cute. oh and a crochet flower.  And then there was a pretty cat eye bracelet a note file box and a keychain with a compass in it.  Everything is so nice.  Thank you I also got tea bags.  And a crown shaped soap, some lipbalm and a little candle that looks like a lollypop.  And I almost forgot the word search of all the things included in my MYB with the key in a letter I was not to open untill unwinding such a good idea.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007 08:21:26 PM by eye_on_sparrow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2007 09:32:03 AM »

AtomEve sent me the most fantastic package, full of goodies like handmade earrings, a knit washcloth! and an apron, and gorgeous tins. So many awesome things.

Here the "ball" is partway through being unwound. I was a lucky girl and got a 2nd skein because AtomEve underestimated how much yarn was needed!

Here's me really really excited, about halfway through unwinding my MYB from AtomEve

Whee! Blur! (Thank god for winders!)

And modeling the aperon (pun courtesy of AtomEve):

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
Nutella

In a free knitting pattern kind of way.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2007 09:35:41 AM »

Here are all the goodies I *sent* to AtomEve (since she's been distracted by the shiny needles...)

There are stickers and ribbon and lanyard "yarn" (I heard Annie Modesitt say that it knits underwater really well!) and of course the garden of temptation postcard (in honor of AtomEve's name!) stitch markers, jewelry, magnets, cards, a pin, belt buckle... oh, and the thing dangling at the top is a keychain. Or a really dangly stitch marker!

And the soap is what smelled so good.  Grin
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007 09:36:06 AM by Nutella » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wisty bandwagon: http://wists.com/?q=nutellanutterson

I'm walking and raising funds in support of AIDS Project Los Angeles: http://aidswalklosangeles2007.kintera.org/kejreeves
hollylynne

step away from the cashmere

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2007 12:21:31 PM »

oh my gosh, such pretty things!!!!  i can't wait to get mine!!!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2014 Fashion Week Beauty: The Natural Look Returns
Mila Kunis Makeup Tutorial
How to Open a Stuck Bottle of Nail Polish
Dermatologist Dr. Debra Jaliman on Changing Your Beauty Routine
Cure Your Hangover-Ravaged Skin With a Beer Facial
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...