A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,699
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tucson - small sale to help community center?  (Read 1652 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

rabbithorns
Rabbithorns

Love the bunnies

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2006 07:46:08 AM »

A bunch of Buddhist and Yoga students have opened a small center on 6 Street off 4 Avenue and I'd love it if any craftsters would like to have a small craft fair there.

We're pretty new and just trying to get people in there since there's not much walk-by traffic since the Muse closed.

All our classes and events are free-of-charge and we survive on the spare change and dollars people put in our jar. We've been paying the bills okay til now, but we all went on retreat for most of November and our funds are poop.

So I'm looking for creative and fun(ky) ways to get people in there, just to have a good time.

If you have a small stash of crafts, or craft books, vintage linens, etc. you'd like to sell off (I've even got a small store of trolls from the 70's), we could do it Sunday December 10 during the 4 Avenue Street Fair or the next week.

Anyone game?

BTW, I will probably have a vintage sale Dec. 3 if no one can get together for an actual craft fair. Remember, we're not fancy - very relaxed. Maybe $20 per table? Or split the earnings somehow to benefit the center???

This might be a great way to "do" the street fair without paying $400 for one of their booths!

Let me know. 520-207-9889 is the center number and I'll be there Tuesday through Thursday next week about 1-6 pm(ish).

Allison
THIS ROCKS   Logged

livin and lovin a bloke in Oz
lighthematch
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007 09:45:48 AM »

Hey there,
   I don't think there is much I could offer in the way of things to sell (I've been so busy with Christmas and work and my daughter and my husband--he just had knee surgery) but, if by some miracle, I am not working the 4th ave street fair (I work at Tucson Thrift shop between 7th and 8th st), I'll stop by and help you guys out or make a purchase.  Once my life gets a little less hectic, maybe I'll take some classes!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seafood Gumbo
Spinach Artichoke Dip
Authentic Rotel Cheese Dip
Hot Sausage Po Boy
Green Beans with New Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...