A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,500
Currently Running With Scissors:
593 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: In need of advice  (Read 497 times)
Tags for this thread: help , selling , shop  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

shadojake
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2014 05:37:06 PM »

I am so with you on that rami :< I'm terrified of putting anything I make out into the world because I think it'll never be good enough for someone to actually BUY. However, at least you STARTED an etsy store  Cheesy I'm still in the "scared shitless" stage of MAKING stuff for my store so FEEL PROUD you took the first step!!

But really, all it takes is ONE sale and you're hooked Smiley Hope is like an addiction; You keep looking for more wherever you go!

I wish you all the best luck in finding your Groove with the craft fairs and etsy selling ^^ it's a fantastic and useful idea!

You know I have been doing this going on 2 year (December 12) and I still get silly over people WANTING to buy my stuff.  When I hear others say something like, "I just love your coasters." and then buy some, I think, "really, you like my stuff?"

It remindes me of when Sally Fields won an Oscar for a movie many years ago and in her acceptance speech, she said, "You love me, you really, really love me." And she was just gushing.  That is ME when someone compliments my work or buys something!  LOL LOL

I like my stuff .... or else I would not make it.  But it's freakin' reeeediculous that someone else would too.  <vbg>
THIS ROCKS   Logged

God Bless,
Cindy

Given enough coffee, I could rule the world!
ramipalo
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2014 06:30:25 PM »

I could tell you to just go ahead and open a store, but I had heard that before a lot too, and never could get myself to doing it.  But I am happy now that it's up.  It's still going to be a lot of work, possibly more work than I even imagined, but at least I finally tried it.  Thanks for the well wishes, I hope you find the courage to open a store!! And if you do, show me, I'd love to take a look
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Perfect Threads For The Beach
Wildfox 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Suboo 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Luli Fama 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
White Sands 2013 At Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Swim, Miami Beach
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...