A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 297,492
Currently Running With Scissors:
557 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Geek Pride Swap Round 3  (Read 14288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

misplacedhippie
« Reply #70 on: July 29, 2007 06:49:18 PM »

Everyone has posted such lovely items!  As for the dice magnets. Take a Set of Dice, some tiny round strong magnets, and Glue (I prefer E600) Roll the dice, Glue the magnets on and let set! thats it!  The DM Screen was a Target magnetic picture set, well three of them, some ribbon and my trusty E-600.  I hope it works.  My gamer boyfriend almost didn't let me send it!  He wanted it. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/misplacedhippie

Desperately seeking Beatles Fabric (found at some walmarts).  Will trade/send money/ Send Elvis Fabric (what my walmart has). PM me! Please!
Angry Angel
Tutorial Contributor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2007 03:14:12 AM »

Such cool stuff in this swap! I never realised how much of a geek I was (I mean, I always knew, I just didn't know the word 'geek' was the one that fitted. I tend to go for 'sad fan'.)

Had to wist the Were-die, so original and adorable!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shazrasha

A very crafty Doctor

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2007 10:23:00 AM »

Had to wist the Were-die, so original and adorable!

oooh, wisted again, maybe I should make more of these little fellows.. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yes I do Personal swaps though you might have to ask me really nicely as I don't have huge swathes of time on my hands Smiley However I love crafting for other people.
sarantha
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2007 07:14:15 AM »

Sorry phantomsiren for the delay in posting, I received your package last Friday, with my husband's 40th birthday party on Saturday looming over me. But here goes:

A knitted purse with the Apple Macintosh logo, two absolutely delightful DC Death Delirium fishies and another item for the Gaiman geek, a key which I've decided must be Door's key, not Helena's, and a totally cute little pouch - I love the yarn, is it handspun?

I think I'll use some thin thread to hang the fishies and the key in front of a window.. I could never make anything this pretty from wire, I'm seriously impressed  Smiley

And two geeky shirts!

Action shot:

Detail of the RPG shirt (I love to get the better of our game master's evil guys with a well placed crit hit  Grin I hope this'll be a lucky shirt)

I really liked my package, and the colours are just me - thanks phantoms!

I'm so glad you liked yours, too, I had light panic attacks and serious swap anxiety  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010 07:47:30 AM by lapoli - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Hallo aus Deutschland! Hi from Germany!
I'm interested in personal swaps - and if you live in Europe, we could swap some fabrics - PM me!

http://www.wists.com/sarantha
HelenM

Acting like some kind of 50s housewife

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2007 11:18:35 AM »

I love the D20 shirt! And cool stuff generally.

I have to say that I am so impressed by the quality of everyone's items. We're geek and you should all be very proud  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fezzle
« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2007 06:20:23 PM »

That d20 shirt is so awesome! Mind if I steal the idea and make one myself?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

wysiwyg
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2007 05:50:48 AM »

I've received from gala_apples - here's my loot!

I love silly web comics, and this stenciled shirt is a fantastic representation of i can has cheezburger, which I spend way too much time on during work! My coworker got a kick out of the stenciled shirt, too, because she'll get emails with pictures from that site from me and her husband all the time.

These three pairs of cute earrings were accompanied by a note with factoids about other things I geek out about:

Candy earrings because I love the show Unwrapped on the Food Network, where they show how all kinds of food and candy are created. (I don't know what it is about watching the assembly lines and machines, but it's so interesting! Always reminds me of the Crayola crayons clip from Sesame Street...an integral part of my childhood.)

Letter block earrings since I'm a design & typography nerd (I took the typography aspect to the extreme for my Tiara Challenge entry).

And fish earrings to wear while I watch Animal Planet and the Discovery Channel! Very appropriate for Shark Week, I might add...  Grin

Thanks so much! My first swap was fun.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Oops Creations
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2007 07:22:42 AM »

wysiwyg-- lucky you.  I <3 LOL Meme cats.   I want a shirt like that so I can wear it on CATurdays!

great job gala_apples; stencilling is the one craft that mystifies me.

awesome geekiness abound.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Finally on the Wist Bandwagon:  http://wists.com/OopsCreations

I have loads of good quality CIGAR BOXES available for trade.  Great for purses, shrines, jewelry boxes.  PM for Pics.

Fill a Box is Back
fezzle
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2007 08:07:23 AM »

I remember the Sesame Street crayons factory clip! Good times..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

detritus
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2007 12:12:31 PM »

I'm not going to be able to post any "action" shots since my digital camera has completely died now.  Sad But I wanted to say again how much I love my goodies. The rice bag smells lovely and couldn't have come at a better time. The vulva coin purse gives me a private chuckle every time I use it, especially since it's not immediately apparent what it is to the casual observer. I can't wait to use the uterus stitch markers--and wow! looks like so much time went into embroidering that heart. I've already got my crochet hooks and other tiny crafty supplies stashed in the needle roll. The headband and purse are also fantastic. Thanks again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw El Matador from Supa Strikas
How to Draw Family Guy Characters
How to Draw Figma Black Gold Saw from Black Rock Shooter
How to Draw Hugh Jackman as The Wolverine
How to Draw Ikaros from Sora No Otoshimono
Latest Blog Articles
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!
Winner of Craft Challenge #102 - Swap & Share 3

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...